I Have A Question Please Help.

#1 Posted by ExDry (9 posts) -

So i think my laptop is using the wrong graphics card here are my specs

Microsoft Windows 8, 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz

Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 and Nvidia Geforce GT 650M 2Gb

Total RAM: 4 GB

Ok The reason why i think its that is because i was trying to play battlefield hardline beta and i was only getting 12 frames. With everything low!!! I have no clue why. I need help desperately. And sorry if this isn't the proper place for this ima a big noob. :p

#2 Posted by woomar (110 posts) -

This feature is provided by nVidia its called "Nvidia Optimus" , it only let the nVidia GPU works in specific apps/games depends on your choice to save battery life .

Go to nVidia Control Panel and select what games/apps you want and choose which GPU you want to use.

#3 Posted by kraken2109 (12950 posts) -

That beta runs pretty badly for me anyway, even on my 670

#4 Edited by ExDry (9 posts) -

@exdry: OK so i went to my nvidia control panel and went to "Set PhysX Configuration and then it said "Select a PhysX processor and i changed it to Geforce Gt 650m. I went back on BF Hardline and all it did was boost my frames by like 5...

#5 Posted by bluesunmerc (79 posts) -

@exdry: not sure what others have been experiencing but it is a beta and it may just be optimized poorly. That is the case sometimes.

#6 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3389 posts) -

@exdryTried disabling the HD4000 in the bios?

#7 Posted by ExDry (9 posts) -
#8 Posted by woomar (110 posts) -

@exdry said:

@exdry: OK so i went to my nvidia control panel and went to "Set PhysX Configuration and then it said "Select a PhysX processor and i changed it to Geforce Gt 650m. I went back on BF Hardline and all it did was boost my frames by like 5...

No no no , not the Physx but the 3D setting :

Go to Nvidia Control Panel>Manage 3D Setting>Program Settings> select the app/game you want from the drop list then choose high performance Nvidia GPU .

#9 Posted by ExDry (9 posts) -

@woomar: ok ill see ill see tomorrow because i accidentally deleted it so yeah :D