I have a question about my computer.

#1 Posted by superdude4669 (24 posts) -

I have an Intel Pentium D

4 gigs of ram

windows 7 64 bit

and an Intel hd graphics 2000 video card, I was wondering if I should just upgrade my video card or get a newer pc. With this pc, I can actually handle new games really good. But I am having a hard time running BF4 and other HUGE games like that.

#2 Edited by geniobastardo (1295 posts) -

You can't run any game with the integrated gpu. Upgrading it might do but I suggest get a new PC if you have the money. Other than that, try 440 GT, it's cheap and can handle most of the games.

#3 Posted by FelipeInside (25174 posts) -

I have an Intel Pentium D

4 gigs of ram

windows 7 64 bit

and an Intel hd graphics 2000 video card, I was wondering if I should just upgrade my video card or get a newer pc. With this pc, I can actually handle new games really good. But I am having a hard time running BF4 and other HUGE games like that.

For big games like BF4 you're going to need a new video card and a new processor (which means a new motherboard and new RAM, so basically a new PC).

You could try just getting a gaming video card (the one you have isn't one), if it fits and your power supply can handle it, and see how you go... but I doubt it.

#4 Edited by Ribstaylor1 (436 posts) -

Ya your computer is kind of not really meant for gaming. It should be able to run some games on low settings or older games, but for modern games it's not really good enough. I'd recommend a whole new computer if it's in your budget to do so. $800 should do the trick but you can go lower and still play games, just not at 1080p at ultra. If you don't feel like buying a whole new pc why not try the new 750ti from nvidia? You'd need to make sure it fits and your Power supply is able to handle it but it would increase your gaming abilities by enough to at least play it at 720p at medium settings or something along those lines of performance. It's only $150 so it's not that expensive of an upgrade.

#5 Posted by superdude4669 (24 posts) -
#6 Edited by Ribstaylor1 (436 posts) -

That pc seems to be less powerfull then a current gen console. It isn't really all that future proof but it will do the job if you plan on playing mainly medium/low settings at lower resolutions then 1080p in upcoming tittles.

#7 Posted by kraken2109 (12978 posts) -
#8 Posted by soolkiki (1737 posts) -