i have a basic photoshop problem, please help.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kai031782

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kai031782
Member since 2006 • 253 Posts

i use photoshop cs 6.0

first sentence , all text are in red color.

second sentence, all text are in blue.

I want the text of first sentence change into blue color, same as second sentence text color.

i searched online tutorial and tried it but it doesn't work.

in tutorial, it stated, click T from tool bar and highlight the text , click color picker in the option bar. After that, slide the slider to choose color, click ok.

then select something else to see the new changed color.

i followed it , but text just not change to selected color.

what is the problem?

can you guy help and tell me how to do it.

to change new text into color of existing text. so all the text are of same color. can you guy list each step.,

also i have problem highlighting the word. in ms office i click the word and press the mouse and hold it from left to right, the text is automatically highlight.

i do the same to text in photoshop, nothing happen, the cursor just keep blinking.

so how to do it ?

i read and searched the web for many hour, i still can't highlight the text.

also i can't change first paragraph text color to make it the same text color of existing second paragraph color.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@kai031782 said:

WOW, Photoshop 6.... been like 20 years since I used it.

Why not create two different text boxes?

kai031782

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kai031782

@FelipeInside: photoshop cs 6.0 released in year 2012.

It is recent photoshop. create two text boxes doesnt not solve the problem I have.

Does any skill photoshop user tell me how to do it.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

@kai031782 said:

It is recent photoshop. create two text boxes doesnt not solve the problem I have.

I think he's talking about photoshop as a program haha

Sorry, I can't help...Not too aware of people who know how to on here either..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FelipeInside

@kai031782 said:

Oh sorry, didn't read the CS part, lol.

I have CS6 Extended. I just opened it up, created one text box and changed the colour of the font. Created another text box and changed the colour of that font too.

I even went one further. I created ONE Text Box and put two words in there. Then I highlighted each word and chose a different colour for each one.

Is that what you mean?

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I'm sure if you upload the file somewhere one of us can help you out.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

Text uses the same color as every thing else. Highlight the text and change the primary color to whatever you want it. If you cant highlight the text then you need to learn about layers.

Also, i assume you stole this program since anyone who would be willing to buy it would not have a problem that is an absolute basic for many digital imaging software.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside

@Nick3306 said:

Text uses the same color as every thing else. Highlight the text and change the primary color to whatever you want it. If you cant highlight the text then you need to learn about layers.

Also, i assume you stole this program since anyone who would be willing to buy it would not have a problem that is an absolute basic for many digital imaging software.

Why do you need to assume that? Maybe the guy is just learning to use it and asking for help. Maybe he got the cheaper student version. Maybe a friend let him use his license so he could do some design work. Why go all negative straight away?

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@Nick3306 said:

Why do you need to assume that? Maybe the guy is just learning to use it and asking for help. Maybe he got the cheaper student version. Maybe a friend let him use his license so he could do some design work. Why go all negative straight away?

You don't sink $700 into a product and not know anything about digital imaging.

Although he could be using the free trial, and if that is the case, I apologize.

kai031782

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kai031782

Actually. i am using photoshop cs 6.0 trial version. the above user nick3306 has bad reasoning.

there are people willing to sink 700 dollars into a product and not know anything about it.

those people are called novice. they want to learn the basic. then one progresses to

intermediate and expert level.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside

@kai031782 said:

Actually. i am using photoshop cs 6.0 trial version. the above user nick3306 has bad reasoning.

there are people willing to sink 700 dollars into a product and not know anything about it.

those people are called novice. they want to learn the basic. then one progresses to

intermediate and expert level.

If you want to send me the file somehow I can try to see if I can do what you need on it for you.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@kai031782 said:

also i have problem highlighting the word. in ms office i click the word and press the mouse and hold it from left to right, the text is automatically highlight.

i do the same to text in photoshop, nothing happen, the cursor just keep blinking.

Make sure to select the layer that has your text on it first.