I guess the next SiN Episodes won't be coming.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f93995c29447
deactivated-5f93995c29447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f93995c29447
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts

I am saddened by the lack of sells the game got. I loved Emergence, and I wanted more from the SiN universe. But I guess everyone must run to their Half-Life's and Battlefield's.

It just shows how us gamers never give first parts in a series a chance. If people hated the fact that it wasn't like Half-Life, maybe it would've gotten better as the series came along. Advent Rising is similar. It was meant to be a trilogy, but the lack of sells and the hate from gamers didn't allow it. But maybe if we gave it a chance, the sequels might just improve on its predecessor.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
I'm pretty sure they aren't making any more episodes.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

it was cancelled becoz it didn't do well in sales....it didn't do well in sales becoz it's a mediocre game......sorry mate...but i really think SiN's demise is nobody's loss.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
I think it's a pretty nice game but sadly, it didn't sell well.
commander1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 commander1122
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts

Nope i think SiN Episodes: Emergence is the worst valve game i ever play.......and for some reason i really dun like it...

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#6 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Nope i think SiN Episodes: Emergence is the worst valve game i ever play.......and for some reason i really dun like it...

commander1122

Its not a Valve game - they only distributed it. It was made by Ritual Entertainment.

therog2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 therog2
Member since 2003 • 465 Posts
And Ritual Entertainment was bought out by developer MumboJumbo.
So they don't even exist anymore...
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#8 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
What if the members of the PC Forum put their brains together and developed the next long awaited episode of Sin Emergence! Delayed more than Half-Life! More criticised than Bioshock! More overrated than Halo! Its what you've been waiting for kids! Put down that Cooking Mamma game! Its Sinsational! Its Sin Emergence! Are you ready?!
Rickylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rickylee
Member since 2002 • 1342 Posts

What if the members of the PC Forum put their brains together and developed the next long awaited episode of Sin Emergence! Delayed more than Half-Life! More criticised than Bioshock! More overrated than Halo! Its what you've been waiting for kids! Put down that Cooking Mamma game! Its Sinsational! Its Sin Emergence! Are you ready?! biggest_loser

That's funny! It could be too at least for me that it was episodic. I do not like the concept. You buy one third or less of a game and pay half price. Then if it doesn't sell well no more episodes. I probably would have waited for all 3 HL episodes to be out untill I bought them if it hadn't been for the Orange Box and the addition of Portal and TF2 to go with.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
The first SiN game wasn't bad, it was just unlucky that it was released on the same year as Half-Life. That's what the whole series suffered from, bad luck. Now, SiN: Emergance would be just an example of the cons of episodic content.
YourOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 YourOldFriend
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts
I remember enjoying the game a fair bit and being disappointed when I learned of the series' demise
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#12 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
one big reason for episode gameplay is to adjust and improve, you can't do that with 1 episode. Therefore ritual failed, they should have committed to at least 2 episodes. The odd thing is they were planning on 9 episodes, how sad.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
That was one of the Steam games that also got pirated to high holy hell. They were saying something like 8:1, IIRC? I forget.