I do believe that EA and Origin have stolen one of my old games...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

So I finally went and re-downloaded the sh*tware that is know quite unfondly as Origin today. I was hoping to re-download an older game that I had bought about 4 years ago on the old crappy EA download manager, Dirt 2. After getting their crapware installed and running it pulls my games list up and low and behold the only game I actually wanted to install no longer was on there. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not freaking out or anything because it's an older game but I feel pretty betrayed by Origin for this crap. I talked to one of their help support foreigners and they were unable to retrieve proof of my purchase. The bad thing on my part is that I didn't keep a damn reciept of it even though I did provide them with the original email and all the personal info that I made the purchase on EA download manager with. They do not keep track of purchase made prior to Origin so all purchases made on EA Download manager are pretty much lost if you don't have physical proof on hand. Lame crap, EA is really one of my most unliked game companies. They asked me to provide them with the original email from the purchase...hah! Like anyone keeps a damn game reciept for 4 years? I didn't anyways...

I told them that I no longer will be using their services and that I did not appreciate their lack of a good response. I then uninstalled Origin after having it installed for all of 4 hours.

Pretty bummed I can't play Dirt2 now, I pulled out my old steering wheel and dusted it off earlier. I was wanting to do some nice drifts. Well, back to Steam I guess.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Prime example of why I refuse to use Origin.
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
Cool story bro.
Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
That sucks dude, you'd think that they would continue supporting their old services and accounts. I would keep trying to take it further with them if I were you.
Zebracal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zebracal
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

That's EA for you man, sorry about your lost game.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jer_1

That sucks dude, you'd think that they would continue supporting their old services and accounts. I would keep trying to take it further with them if I were you.Twisted14

I was thinking this but the issue is that they can't or just won't resend email confirmations that came from the old EA download manager. As I had said earlier I still have all my contact info but I don't have that all important original email that apparently had my key on it. So I guess at this point I'm kindof boned. Simply put, never trust EA. They will likely never make another dime from me and all this did was seal the deal even tighter. Some companies are more predatory than others, EA is obviously one of the more predatory and jerkish companies.

Keep copies of your reciepts on digital purchases people (for years and years) because EA obviously doensn't care enough to back you up on this.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

You probably have it on some legacy account that isn't yet attached to your Origin account.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jer_1

Well the strange thing is that it was on my origin account not even a year ago. I remember specifically seeing it on origin on my old PC but never installed it because at the time I had no desire to play it. Maybe I should have done so at the time so it would have been "registered" on origin instead of EA download manager. I didn't do it at the time but apparently I should have. It immediately struck me as strange that it was just gone from the same list that it was on months prior, and of course this would naturally happen when I want to play that very game. 

Either way, damage done, and origin is now gone (thankfully) from my system so I'll just have to find another racer to play. 

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Twisted14
It doesn't appear if you click Show > Hidden Games does it?
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Whenever EA is involved you have to watch your back. But i do keep all game receipt in specific folder in email, but i've never bought any games from Origin and never will.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Contact support again during US working hours. If you speak to someone else you might get better support.
KodiakKoolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KodiakKoolaid
Member since 2012 • 443 Posts
Here we go again, Origin sucks, EA is the devil incarnate bla bla bla. God give it a rest.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jer_1

It doesn't appear if you click Show > Hidden Games does it?Twisted14

Nope already tried that, not on there.

Contact support again during US working hours. If you speak to someone else you might get better support.guynamedbilly

That's actually a good idea, I'll give that a shot tomorrow morning. Maybe a genuine 'merican can give me a bit better service (though I won't count on it).

Here we go again, Origin sucks, EA is the devil incarnate bla bla bla. God give it a rest.KodiakKoolaid

Yeah, it's a pretty damn piss poor service they've proven that over and over. Great input by the way, you really are a benefit to the thread...

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Twisted14

Here we go again, Origin sucks, EA is the devil incarnate bla bla bla. God give it a rest.KodiakKoolaid
Uh huh. Because, you know, somebody losing a game they bought previously is not a legitimate issue and let's just lump it together with all other legitimate and illegitimate complaints about EA and Origin.

I know that some of the complaining about them can go overboard but it appears that you didn't even bother reading the OP, so just.. go away and don't bother.

KodiakKoolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KodiakKoolaid
Member since 2012 • 443 Posts
[QUOTE="KodiakKoolaid"]Here we go again, Origin sucks, EA is the devil incarnate bla bla bla. God give it a rest.Twisted14
Uh huh. Because, you know, somebody losing a game they bought previously is not a legitimate issue and let's just lump it together with all other legitimate and illegitimate complaints about EA and Origin.

Yeah I agree EA **** up on this instance and should restore his game asap, however to label the entire service sh*tware is just way over the top tbh. To the TC I do hope you get your game back. I wasn't insulting you directly fyi.
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

I don't know... I don't like using Origin just because I like consolidation, I like everything in one spot (Steam), but it isn't bad.

I just preordered the SimCity Deluxe Edition and because of that got Fifa13 for free (50% atm + $20 off code I got with SimCity).  I own 13 games on Origin at the moment and have only paid full price for two of them (they were preorders)... SWTOR and SimCity.  Hell I think half the games on their I got for free.  Dead Space 2 free, BF1942 free, Fifa13 free, Dragon Age II free, Spore free, The Saboteur free... Not that bad of a service outside of the fact that it is required for new EA games.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

So I finally went and re-downloaded the sh*tware that is know quite unfondly as Origin today. I was hoping to re-download an older game that I had bought about 4 years ago on the old crappy EA download manager, Dirt 2. After getting their crapware installed and running it pulls my games list up and low and behold the only game I actually wanted to install no longer was on there. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not freaking out or anything because it's an older game but I feel pretty betrayed by Origin for this crap. I talked to one of their help support foreigners and they were unable to retrieve proof of my purchase. The bad thing on my part is that I didn't keep a damn reciept of it even though I did provide them with the original email and all the personal info that I made the purchase on EA download manager with. They do not keep track of purchase made prior to Origin so all purchases made on EA Download manager are pretty much lost if you don't have physical proof on hand. Lame crap, EA is really one of my most unliked game companies. They asked me to provide them with the original email from the purchase...hah! Like anyone keeps a damn game reciept for 4 years? I didn't anyways...

I told them that I no longer will be using their services and that I did not appreciate their lack of a good response. I then uninstalled Origin after having it installed for all of 4 hours.

Pretty bummed I can't play Dirt2 now, I pulled out my old steering wheel and dusted it off earlier. I was wanting to do some nice drifts. Well, back to Steam I guess.

jer_1

I had that exact same problem with Bad Company 2. I talked to a rep on the live chat thing and after giving my email I used  for the old EA download service and a bunch of other information I got my game back. The EA rep ended up just giving me another copy of the game on my Origin account.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jer_1

[QUOTE="jer_1"]

Toxic-Seahorse

I had that exact same problem with Bad Company 2. I talked to a rep on the live chat thing and after giving my email I used  for the old EA download service and a bunch of other information I got my game back. The EA rep ended up just giving me another copy of the game on my Origin account.

Yeah this is precisely what I did a few hours ago but they told me they don't have records going back before the use of origin sadly. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get in touch with someone who can give me a little better assistance with the situation. It's a shame to have to put their software back on my PC though just to do it, it feels like I have to work with my enemy just to get my old game back.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I just looked on Origin's website and they only have DiRT 2 for Mac. Are you sure you had it on Origin before?

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

I just looked on Origin's website and they only have DiRT 2 for Mac. Are you sure you had it on Origin before?

ChubbyGuy40

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Busted!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

ChubbyGuy40
This. Dirt 2 is a 2009 game. Not all 2009 games were on Origin, nor can they activated on Origin. The Saboteur retail is an example (Dec 2009), And Dirt 2 is Dec 10th, 2009. I can't find anything Dirt 2 related or linked to Origin. Nor Dirt 3. Just GFWL. Hmmm. I'm not saying the TC is lying. I just can't find anything on it except for the MAC version.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Elann2008

This. Dirt 2 is a 2009 game. Not all 2009 games were on Origin, nor can they activated on Origin. The Saboteur retail is an example (Dec 2009), And Dirt 2 is Dec 10th, 2009. I can't find anything Dirt 2 related or linked to Origin. Nor Dirt 3. Just GFWL. Hmmm. I'm not saying the TC is lying. I just can't find anything on it except for the MAC version.

This.

If you ever need help with Origin, contact EA Support on Twitter, as silly as that sounds. I've had issues sorted in less than 5 - 10 minutes.