I am looking for a hardcore gaming pc

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bigboss423 (113 posts) -

What is a good pc to buy? I need it to play modern games on the highest possible setting with least framerate drop. What are some prices?

#2 Posted by Cyberdot (3903 posts) -

Can you build one?

Building PCs are a better method when it comes to the price and customisability.

#3 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6759 posts) -

Well, building it yourself IS the best way, but if you are completely new to PCs, I will write what I alwayss do.

Find the parts that you would like in it, and drag them to a pc shop and have them build it for you.

Then in the comming years, DO proper maintenence on it, dusting it, and clean it, so you get used to how a desktop looks and funktions inside, and then in some years, you would likely need a new GPU, try to buy one yourself, and swap it out yourself.

Then next time you need an entirely new pc, you should be fairly comfortable with the hardware overall, by maintenance and trying to swap out simpler parts. And then begin to build your own, since it IS the best solution.

#4 Posted by gp19 (4247 posts) -

I'd also recommend building your own. Just start reading a few tutorials online about the parts you need, compatibility, etc. I built my first budget pc (the one in my sig) last summer with little previous experience and everything went fine.

I used a pretty awesome tutorial from the guys at newegg.com from Youtube.

If you need help choosing parts or whatnot, feel free to ask.

#5 Posted by paullywog (14149 posts) -
You need to give us a budget range.
#6 Posted by mastershake575 (8364 posts) -

The opening post is too vague. We need to know if you want a prebuilt or can you build your own. We also need to know budget, if you can re-use keyboard/mouse/monitor, and what country you live in

#10 Posted by solidfish30 (676 posts) -
[QUOTE="bigboss423"][QUOTE="bigboss423"] I want it prebuilt around $2500 and I'm from Australia I have a mouse and everything.. bigboss423

Why are you quoting yourself?
#12 Posted by solidfish30 (676 posts) -

I want it prebuilt around $2500 and I'm from Australia I have a mouse and everything..

bigboss423
Much better.
#13 Posted by bigboss423 (113 posts) -

I want it prebuilt around $2500 and I'm from Australia, I have a mouse and everything.

#14 Posted by solidfish30 (676 posts) -

I want it prebuilt around $2500 and I'm from Australia. I have a mouse and everything.

bigboss423
What are you doing?
#15 Posted by bigboss423 (113 posts) -
[QUOTE="bigboss423"]

I want it prebuilt around $2500 and I'm from Australia. I have a mouse and everything.

solidfish30
What are you doing?

What?
#16 Posted by solidfish30 (676 posts) -
[QUOTE="solidfish30"][QUOTE="bigboss423"]

bigboss423
What are you doing?

What?

You quoted yourself, then corrected yourself, then you deleted your correction and re-posted it. A little confusing.
#17 Posted by bigboss423 (113 posts) -
[QUOTE="solidfish30"][QUOTE="bigboss423"][QUOTE="solidfish30"] What are you doing?

What?

You quoted yourself, then corrected yourself, then you deleted your correction and re-posted it. A little confusing.

I am really sick and tired of your harassment, I am new to this site. In every post I make, you come on and tease me and I don't like it.
#18 Posted by solidfish30 (676 posts) -

[QUOTE="solidfish30"][QUOTE="bigboss423"] What?bigboss423

I am really sick and tired of your harassment, I am new to this site. In every post I make, you come on and tease me and I don't like it.

Your account has been here for ages, and have I made fun of you before? I don't remember, I rarely post myself. Also, I was not harassing you. I was just confused as to what you were doing.

#19 Posted by bigboss423 (113 posts) -

[QUOTE="bigboss423"][QUOTE="solidfish30"] You quoted yourself, then corrected yourself, then you deleted your correction and re-posted it. A little confusing.solidfish30

Your account has been here for ages, and have I made fun of you before? I don't remember, I rarely post here myself.

Check your posting history.

#20 Posted by solidfish30 (676 posts) -
[QUOTE="bigboss423"][QUOTE="solidfish30"][QUOTE="bigboss423"] I am really sick and tired of your harassment, I am new to this site. In every post I make, you come on and tease me and I don't like it.

Your account has been here for ages, and have I made fun of you before? I don't remember, I rarely post here myself.

Check your posing history.

You seem quite hostile, and I can't be bothered to check my "posing" history. Sorry.
#21 Posted by bigboss423 (113 posts) -

[QUOTE="bigboss423"][QUOTE="solidfish30"] Your account has been here for ages, and have I made fun of you before? I don't remember, I rarely post here myself.solidfish30
Check your posing history.

You seem quite hostile, and I can't be bothered to check my "posing" history. Sorry.

I am not hostile, there you go teasing me again.

#22 Posted by solidfish30 (676 posts) -
[QUOTE="bigboss423"][QUOTE="solidfish30"][QUOTE="bigboss423"] Check your posing history.

I am now hostile, there you go teasing me again.

I am just going to be the better man and walk away. You're not accomplishing anything here other than extending this topic, which I expect is what you want to do.
#24 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6759 posts) -

Since no one has written anything worthwhile in this thread for a while:

TC try heading to a PC builder shop, you should know the componants you want in it, and have them buy it home and putting it together in that case. Most PC shops does this, most even allow you to buy the parts yourself, and simply have them putting it together, for a fairly low fee. Could be a way to do it. Outside of that very little prebuilds have good internals, and worth what you spend, I know ASUS makes some quite decent desktops with fairly good componants. I am sure there are others aswell, but it requires you to look up thier sites, find the pcs, and see if they are sold somewhere near you.