How to Save in Far Cry 3 (minor spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by robertoenrique (1161 posts) -

Ok guys, started playing the game today. I finished the first gathering/hunting mission, crafted some items and chose the first 3 skills. I tried saving the game in the menu or by using F9, but I always got the message that I can't save while being on a mission. Ok fine, so after I completed what I listed above, I quit the game to desktop, I relaunched the game and I am right back at the beginning of the mission! I thought the game Autosaved after completing a mission. Game is legit btw. Any tips? Btw I quit the game right after the phone rang and I was supposed to get on a jeep with Dennis.

#2 Posted by nilzg (753 posts) -
I don't remember exactly in the beginning but did you are you in that house (where you buy ammo and such) when you get that call? Because I think that's the first actual save point.
#3 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -
It's been a few months, but if I recall correctly some missions have checkpoints. If you die, you start from that point, but if you quit the game and restart, you'll be brought to the beginning of the mission.
#4 Posted by robertoenrique (1161 posts) -
I don't remember exactly in the beginning but did you are you in that house (where you buy ammo and such) when you get that call? Because I think that's the first actual save point.nilzg
Yes I was in the house and left it (I fast travelled from the hunting ground to town). I then went to Dennis to turn in my mission, after crating, choosing the skills, etc.. you get the call and are told to jump in the jeep with him. None of this was saved by the game and I couldn't save either because the game wouldn't let me.
#5 Posted by robertoenrique (1161 posts) -
It's been a few months, but if I recall correctly some missions have checkpoints. If you die, you start from that point, but if you quit the game and restart, you'll be brought to the beginning of the mission. flipin_jackass
Doesn't the game autosave once you complete a mission?
#6 Posted by charlesnitrotek (87 posts) -

Run your game as administrator then you don't need to save mannually.

#7 Posted by nilzg (753 posts) -
[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"]It's been a few months, but if I recall correctly some missions have checkpoints. If you die, you start from that point, but if you quit the game and restart, you'll be brought to the beginning of the mission. robertoenrique
Doesn't the game autosave once you complete a mission?

It should but it could be that it takes longer in the beginning as I remember 'waiting' for my first save. But that save for me was where you told (in the house, as Dennis called) So I don't really understand why it doesn't save. Maybe try what charlesnitrotek said and run the game as an admin (as in right click on the shortcut, run as admin) just searched it for you and found something for one that admin thing we said second 'in the "bin" folder of FC3: Edit the orbit_api.ini file; change to 48 (instead of 46), then change the name of the folder "46" in /programdata/orbit to 48.'
#8 Posted by robertoenrique (1161 posts) -
Ok guys, I can save now :D Quick question, is there anyway of getting rid of the pirates roaming around on every inch of the jungle? Feels like Far Cry 2 all over again. I already deactivated 2 radio towers and also finished the Medusa's Call quest. Thanks!
#9 Posted by nilzg (753 posts) -
Ok guys, I can save now :D Quick question, is there anyway of getting rid of the pirates roaming around on every inch of the jungle? Feels like Far Cry 2 all over again. I already deactivated 2 radio towers and also finished the Medusa's Call quest. Thanks! robertoenrique
eliminate the camps
#10 Posted by robertoenrique (1161 posts) -
[QUOTE="robertoenrique"]Ok guys, I can save now :D Quick question, is there anyway of getting rid of the pirates roaming around on every inch of the jungle? Feels like Far Cry 2 all over again. I already deactivated 2 radio towers and also finished the Medusa's Call quest. Thanks! nilzg
eliminate the camps

What's the map legend for the camps?
#11 Posted by nilzg (753 posts) -
Outposts (red flages)
#12 Posted by robertoenrique (1161 posts) -
Outposts (red flages)nilzg
Yeap, just remembered this from GS review. Thanks for the help man.
#13 Posted by meankilleR (9622 posts) -

Ok guys, started playing the game today. I finished the first gathering/hunting mission, crafted some items and chose the first 3 skills. I tried saving the game in the menu or by using F9, but I always got the message that I can't save while being on a mission. Ok fine, so after I completed what I listed above, I quit the game to desktop, I relaunched the game and I am right back at the beginning of the mission! I thought the game Autosaved after completing a mission. Game is legit btw. Any tips? Btw I quit the game right after the phone rang and I was supposed to get on a jeep with Dennis.

robertoenrique
You say your copy is legit, is it updated? Iv only heard of this glitch with pirated versions as the vast majority of the torrent are version 1 of the game and version 1 had saving problems. So if your copy is legit and updated that weird.
#14 Posted by millerlight89 (18569 posts) -
Game is legit btw. robertoenrique
Whenever someone feels the need to say this in their opening post, you can bet it is quite the opposite.
#15 Posted by robertoenrique (1161 posts) -
[QUOTE="robertoenrique"]Game is legit btw. millerlight89
Whenever someone feels the need to say this in their opening post, you can bet it is quite the opposite.

Wow seriously guys, I condemn piracy. I am an avid supporter of game developers. The game is updated to latest patch through Ubiplay, I already redeemed the revolving gift through achievements. There's your proof. @ Millerlight89, you should think twice before accusing someone, but who knows maybe you've been wronged so many times that you don't trust people anymore. Anyways, are the vehicles supposed to be so quiet? I mean I can only hear the radio once I get on a car, the engine is barely hearable when I turn the radio off, so is the jetski.
#16 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

It autosaves at certain checkpoints, during missions. Outside of missions, you still have to use the save game function in the menu before you quit. And it doesn't save where you are. When you save and quit, it saves your inventory, and mission/story status, but when you launch the game again, you will spawn at the nearest liberated outpost.

#17 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="robertoenrique"]Game is legit btw. millerlight89

When I read that, I thought he was saying it's a good game, and has been fun.

#18 Posted by robertoenrique (1161 posts) -
Another question guys, can you get all the loot chests or do they keep reappearing on your map? Is there any reward for this other than relieving your OCD tendencies :P ? Thanks!
#19 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Another question guys, can you get all the loot chests or do they keep reappearing on your map? Is there any reward for this other than relieving your OCD tendencies :P ? Thanks!robertoenrique

The loot chests are one time only. And finding them builds towards unlocking certain weapons/other things. If you check out the "collectibles" section of the "handbook" in the menu, you can see your progress with the collectibles, and it points out where and when you'll unlock things.

#20 Posted by robertoenrique (1161 posts) -

[QUOTE="robertoenrique"]Another question guys, can you get all the loot chests or do they keep reappearing on your map? Is there any reward for this other than relieving your OCD tendencies :P ? Thanks!the_bi99man

The loot chests are one time only. And finding them builds towards unlocking certain weapons/other things. If you check out the "collectibles" section of the "handbook" in the menu, you can see your progress with the collectibles, and it points out where and when you'll unlock things.

Awesome! I'm loving this game, feels like Skyrim on steroids and on a beautiful tropical island.