how to play witcher 2 assassin of kings?

#1 Posted by Ganeshvol (74 posts) -

i am confused with many things in this game:

what is swallow, what is alchemy, what is portion?

explain all things in this game.

i didn't play witcher 1 game

#2 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

a portion of the alchemy section is swallow. swallow swallow to be better at stuff, like getting better.

#3 Edited by kraken2109 (13201 posts) -

#4 Edited by pelvist (5199 posts) -

Swallow is the name of the potion (a consumable medicine or poison) that increases a witchers regeneration rate of vitality. The dark mages who developed the formula named it after the bird, because they liked it probably. In TW2 you receive the potion from Vesemir during the prologue mission "Defend Kaer Morhen" and you begin the game with the formula to make the potion.

#5 Posted by Jawad2007 (414 posts) -

hhhhhhhhhhh , you a try it yourself my friend !

#6 Posted by CWEBB04z (4630 posts) -

@pelvist said:

Swallow is the name of the potion (a consumable medicine or poison) that increases a witchers regeneration rate of vitality. The dark mages who developed the formula named it after the bird, because they liked it probably. In TW2 you receive the potion from Vesemir during the prologue mission "Defend Kaer Morhen" and you begin the game with the formula to make the potion.

I thought that mission was in the first Witcher game?

Also, alchemy is just brewing potions...

#7 Posted by voljin1987 (891 posts) -

heard of gamefaqs.com? try it.. its good

#8 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

@Ganeshvol said:

i am confused with many things in this game:

what is swallow, what is alchemy, what is portion?

explain all things in this game.

i didn't play witcher 1 game

Play the tutorial.

#9 Edited by Gooeykat (3366 posts) -

Alchemy is a big part of the gameplay/combat in the game. If you didn't know this...well you need to read up on it. Geralt has his 5 standard powers and then he has potions that he can craft when he meditates. You need these for later in the game as the enemies get tougher. So craft your potions when you meditate and use them during tough fights.

#10 Posted by Blutfahne (276 posts) -

Play the tutorial it tells you all you need to know.

#11 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4318 posts) -

@pelvist said:

Yeah, you're mixing up the 2 games. "Defend Kaer Morhen" is the first mission in the first Witcher game. He's playing TW2.

#12 Edited by Ganeshvol (74 posts) -

i accidentally taken one portion through mediation so the effect is: i can able to see people & enemies nervous system,

what portion did i take, and also how to cancel portion? i have uploaded a pic to this post.

#13 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

@Ganeshvol said:

i accidentally taken one portion through mediation so the effect is: i can able to see people & enemies nervous system,

what portion did i take, and also how to cancel portion? i have uploaded a pic to this post.

It fades away after a time.

#14 Posted by pelvist (5199 posts) -

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@pelvist said:

Yeah, you're mixing up the 2 games. "Defend Kaer Morhen" is the first mission in the first Witcher game. He's playing TW2.

Yes i meant to put TW at the end there not TW2.

@Ganeshvol said:

That potion is called Cat.