How to play GTA: San Andreas multiplayer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

I have the game and I already downgraded to 1.0. Now what must I do? I really want to play this with my friends :)

#2 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

Download SAMP (San Andreas multiplayer) or MTA (multi theft auto irrc).

I prefer MTA, but you can play both :P.

SAMP has game mods on the actual SA map, TDM, DM< free for all, stunts, RP servers with 500 players, yes full 500 player servers, I saw a full 700 one once but MTA has independent maps and it's best for trial courses and stunts also demolition matches.

#3 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

Download SAMP (San Andreas multiplayer) or MTA (multi theft auto irrc).

I prefer MTA, but you can play both :P.

SAMP has game mods on the actual SA map, TDM, DM< free for all, stunts, RP servers with 500 players, yes full 500 player servers, I saw a full 700 one once but MTA has independent maps and it's best for trial courses and stunts also demolition matches.

DanielDust

Ok I downloaded SAMP now what? How do I start the game? How do I access multiplayer? Can I create a private server only for me and my friend?

#4 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Just start the client, it's a kind of server browser and yes, you should be able to easily host a private server through it. After you find a server and join it, it'll automatically launch the game. You're missing out tho, you can easily play with your friends on servers with lots of other people, it'll make for a better experience, make a gang with your friends and go wild :P.
#5 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

Just start the client, it's a kind of server browser and yes, you should be able to easily host a private server through it. After you find a server and join it, it'll automatically launch the game. You're missing out tho, you can easily play with your friends on servers with lots of other people, it'll make for a better experience, make a gang with your friends and go wild :P.DanielDust

I installed SAMP inside the San Andreas Folder and then i launched the game, but no multiplayer anywhere :/

#6 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
You have to start SAMP, not San Andreas, the game will run automatically once you join a server through SAMP.
#7 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

You have to start SAMP, not San Andreas, the game will run automatically once you join a server through SAMP.DanielDust

But I don't have any .exe file on the SAMP I downloaded :c

#8 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

sorry for the bump, but I know I am doing something wrong, please help me :S

#9 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
You should have a samp exe with the blonde chick from the cover/loading screens/etc as an icon.
#10 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

You should have a samp exe with the blonde chick from the cover/loading screens/etc as an icon.DanielDust

Oh my god I am so blind, I ran SAMP but now how do I add servers with big population? :P

#11 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Well it's a server browser, just refresh/search and sort them by player count.
#12 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

Well it's a server browser, just refresh/search and sort them by player count.DanielDust

I keep refreshing and no servers appear :/

#13 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

I got it daniel, thank you so much for your help, you are truly a great friend :)