how to Open .TRE files

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Hi i have some games and its got files called MOVIES.TRE MUSIC.TRE. Ive looked but can not find how to open these. Is there a way to open these?. Thanks.

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

Which games are they? Some developers create their own proprietary video formats. You won't find a video player that can open them unless the community for the game has figured out the format and made a special video player. You could probably brute-force this problem by playing the videos in the game while recording them with FRAPs. This would require you to manually edit the files after the recording to cut out unwanted stuff from the beginning and end. Then you would have your own personal version of the game's videos you can play at any time with any video player.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

Which games are they? Some developers create their own proprietary video formats. You won't find a video player that can open them unless the community for the game has figured out the format and made a special video player. You could probably brute-force this problem by playing the videos in the game while recording them with FRAPs. This would require you to manually edit the files after the recording to cut out unwanted stuff from the beginning and end. Then you would have your own personal version of the game's videos you can play at any time with any video player.

James00715

Is that called brute forcing? I would call it transcoding, and it comes with a loss of fidelity.

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

[QUOTE="James00715"]

True_Sounds

Is that called brute forcing? I would call it transcoding, and it comes with a loss of fidelity.

I call any ineligant solution bruteforcing. Probably not the right word, but it's good enough.