HOw to multitask game + something else

This topic is locked from further discussion.

solty89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By solty89
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hi guys,

At this time I use 2 screens on my PC.My queation is is it possible my friends to play games with joysticks on the one of the screens and I to be able to work on the other at the same time without minimising their game?

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#2 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

@solty89: Your computer will only focus on one monitor (program) at a time. If you have your left screen the focus point, then that's what the computer works with. If you change the focus point to the right monitor, then the game/program on the left minimizes or stops receiving input.

Short answer = No

Long answer = I don't remember the name of the program, but there is something out there that can allow the computer (if you have adequate hardware) to run multiple games/programs that can be accessed at the same time. So it is possible, but you need this software to do it and you need a computer that can handle the load of two games.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

If the game is truly PC-centric? Sure. Here's a sample of my desktop with FSX. I pan the view in the FSX window via joystick while I use the mouse to independently adjust my Firefox browser. Unfortunately, few games are truly PC-centric.

On second look, neatfeatguy is right. I can still control the views in FSX with the joystick. But, the game itself automatically pauses if I move the mouse around in another app.

solty89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 solty89
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@neatfeatguy: thank you verry mutch.I will resurch for this kind of software. And yes my pc is good enough to handle 2 games