how to make a pokemon game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by demonfox661 (97 posts) -

hey on rpg maker 2003

how do i make a pokemon game????

#2 Posted by fudgeblood (3165 posts) -
Make all the sprites Pokemon related.
#3 Posted by demonfox661 (97 posts) -

Make all the sprites Pokemon related.fudgeblood
how do i make sprites and get where you can catch and use pokemon and ect.

#4 Posted by KalDurenik (3768 posts) -

Well you should probably start by following a guide. And once you have done that and you are experienced with how it work. Then you should start on your own project.

#5 Posted by fudgeblood (3165 posts) -

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]Make all the sprites Pokemon related.demonfox661

how do i make sprites.

Microsoft Paint hurr hurr hurr.
#6 Posted by zomglolcats (4335 posts) -
If you have to ask how to make sprites... you probably shouldn't be starting making a pokemon game. Surely there are forums specific to RPG maker on the internet. Do a Google search for those, as you're not going to get many replies here. But to make sprites, just make a 2d image using Photoshop, GIMP, Windows Paint, whatever graphics program you have or want to use. Or, rip the sprites from a ROM, which is probably far more complicated than what you'd be willing to do. But I'm sure there are sprite sheets on the internet.
#7 Posted by demonfox661 (97 posts) -

If you have to ask how to make sprites... you probably shouldn't be starting making a pokemon game. Surely there are forums specific to RPG maker on the internet. Do a Google search for those, as you're not going to get many replies here. But to make sprites, just make a 2d image using Photoshop, GIMP, Windows Paint, whatever graphics program you have or want to use. Or, rip the sprites from a ROM, which is probably far more complicated than what you'd be willing to do. But I'm sure there are sprite sheets on the internet.zomglolcats
i got some sprite sheets but it wont let me upload them it says "invalid color depth" what do i do about it????

is some of them

#8 Posted by denter21 (1283 posts) -
You'll need to get a program and import those sections in separately I think, the backgrounds should all be the same so it knows what is part of the sprite and what is background. There was an awesome one but I can't remember the name of it... if I find it i'll let you know.