How to get air out of a closed loop water cooler system?

awax187187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 awax187187
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts

How get air out of a closed loop water cooler system? reason why I'm asking is I want to buy closed loop system but want to put on clear tubing.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Never had to but I just imagine you can't. Maybe just tap it in the right place to get any air to the top of the rad?

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

I don't have any experience on liquid moding. But my guess would be to hook the intake tube to the pump and rad... then outtake tube hooked to the pump, but not the rad. Keep your finger over the outtake hole on the rad while you turn it upside down so the liquid can flow down the intake pipe from inside the rad. Keep the rad above the pump and flick the tube. Refill the rad some more, until intake line has no more air.

Then suction the outtake... Either by tuning the pump on or another way. So the liquid gets back inside the pump. I wouldn't do more then a second or 2 burst if you turn it on and I would have the outtake with a cup near by. Once you got liquid in the pump, I would refill the rad again and fill the outtake line. Then it should be set to connect the outtake line to the rad.

After all that I would turn it on and let it run for a good min or so. With the rad above the pump so any little air bumbles can break lose. You will have a small about of air in the rad. That is normal.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

I think you'd better ask this at the overclock.net forum. They have a specific board for liquid cooling.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

I don't think you can without voiding the warranty. Your best option is to get the air into the rad I think. In the pump it will make the pump loud in my experience.