How often does Steam have sales?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by snipeshot11 (1006 posts) -

I'm really wanting to buy TES:Morrowind and it's only $20 but I missed the summer Steam sale where it was $5. So my question is how often does Steam have sales like this and should I buy it now and wait. Oblivion is one of my favorite games so I'm wanting too try Morrowind. I just bought my PC half way through the steam sale so thats why I missed it.

#2 Posted by Steameffekt (4950 posts) -

Every week. For the midweek madness sales.

#3 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
I doubt Morrowind will be on another sale, but it will be on the Christmas sale.
#4 Posted by snipeshot11 (1006 posts) -

I mean like big sales like the one they did this summer

#5 Posted by snipeshot11 (1006 posts) -
I doubt Morrowind will be on another sale, but it will be on the Christmas sale.DanielDust
beauty
#6 Posted by Gamartto (1985 posts) -
MidWeek Madness: Usually every week (Tuesday-Thursday). Weekend deal: Usually every week (Friday-Monday) Publisher sales: depends if there's a big event (Quakecon sale for example http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/08/12/quakecon-2010-steam-sale/). Major Sales: Summer Sale (1st time was this year), Holiday sale (at the end of the year Dic24~Jan03 iirc).
#7 Posted by Steameffekt (4950 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gamartto"]MidWeek Madness: Usually every week (Tuesday-Thursday). Weekend deal: Usually every week (Friday-Monday) Publisher sales: depends if there's a big event (Quakecon sale for example http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/08/12/quakecon-2010-steam-sale/). Major Sales: Summer Sale (1st time was this year), Holiday sale (at the end of the year Dic24~Jan03 iirc).

Can't remember but, didn't they also have a spring sale?
#8 Posted by andalore (2644 posts) -

I doubt Morrowind will be on another sale, but it will be on the Christmas sale.DanielDust

This or the New Years Sale, I lost countless pennies on this years new year sale.

#9 Posted by jsh020 (1168 posts) -

theres pretty much sales every day. some of its only like a doller off but sometimes you get great deal.s like a week after l4d 2 came out steam was selling it for 20 bucks on a sale

#10 Posted by SLUSHiNaToR (1366 posts) -
Weres the back to school sale? Thanksgiving sale? Halloween Sale? I want more sales!! :P
#11 Posted by snipeshot11 (1006 posts) -

So my next question is, do you think I will like Morrowind with the graphics mods if I loved Oblivion?

#12 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

So my next question is, do you think I will like Morrowind with the graphics mods if I loved Oblivion?

snipeshot11

Would you? :)

#13 Posted by SLUSHiNaToR (1366 posts) -
if you loved oblivion, i would say you'd like morrowind even more. Just because everyone who played morrowind first thought oblivion wasn't as good. It isn't noob friendly so watch out for that lol... the creatures you encounter dont level with you, when you get to different areas you might be versing something thats 4 times as strong as you. their is more creative options with enchanting, spell making, etc. I remember making a spell that summoned a real creature instead of a conjered one and massed like 500 and atttacked a city and made my xbox freeze lol. get it..
#14 Posted by AraiDaiichi (123 posts) -

[QUOTE="snipeshot11"]

DanielDust

That does look amazing. Tempted to reinstall Morrowind, been a long time since I played it.

#15 Posted by Steameffekt (4950 posts) -

[QUOTE="snipeshot11"]

DanielDust

Like what one of the comments said, This is biased. Comparing a game with graphically equipped mods and one just on stock max settings....
#16 Posted by SLUSHiNaToR (1366 posts) -
the only problem i find with it is that the combat sucks.. but everything else is way better. talking about it actually makes me want to re buy it for the pc since i only have 2 copies for my xbox.
#17 Posted by Philhellene (178 posts) -
I never really liked both games as the world always felt so empty and even big cities like the imperial city is like filed with 3 people per city zone.
#18 Posted by Steameffekt (4950 posts) -
the only problem i find with it is that the combat sucks.. but everything else is way better. talking about it actually makes me want to re buy it for the pc since i only have 2 copies for my xbox. SLUSHiNaToR
Same here. The combat didn't work half the time.
#19 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="snipeshot11"]

Steameffekt

Like what one of the comments said, This is biased. Comparing a game with graphically equipped mods and one just on stock max settings....

I think you're forgetting how bad Morrowind actually looks compared to Obllivion, what mods did is amazing, this is not about how good Oblivion can look with mods (which is not way better than the stock one actually, just more detailed) it's about how Morrowind that is extremely outdated compared to Oblivion can look almost like it or even better.
#20 Posted by biggest_loser (24055 posts) -
Often enough that I can sing..."To markets, to markets, to buy a great.....uh game..."
#21 Posted by SLUSHiNaToR (1366 posts) -
[QUOTE="SLUSHiNaToR"]the only problem i find with it is that the combat sucks.. but everything else is way better. talking about it actually makes me want to re buy it for the pc since i only have 2 copies for my xbox. Steameffekt
Same here. The combat didn't work half the time.

It did if you glitched your weapon level to like 300 :P glitches made that game awesome too..
#22 Posted by shakmaster13 (7138 posts) -
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="snipeshot11"]

Steameffekt

Not just that. If those were high resolution picks, there would be obvious differences in quality between the two. A low res youtube video isn't the best comparison. MGE looks great though.