how much does a decent gaming computer cost?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bolt2448 (1152 posts) -
topic, when i get a job i plan on saving to get a nice computer to play games on. one game i wanna try is WoW but the monthly fee seems too steep for me. just leave so thoughts here thanks
#2 Posted by ncderek (5513 posts) -
mine cost 700ish from newegg and itll be able to run crysis on high. so theyre not expensive if youre a smart shopper. like if it had alienware slapped on to the front of mine, it would be like 2500 bucks
#3 Posted by ThePostalWorker (839 posts) -
mine cost 700ish from newegg and itll be able to run crysis on high. so theyre not expensive if youre a smart shopper. like if it had alienware slapped on to the front of mine, it would be like 2500 bucksncderek
Wow you got that PC for 700?
#4 Posted by sSubZerOo (43216 posts) -
  No offense but why can't people use the lovely search engines out there such as google to look for the thousands of computer buyers guides as well as build guides.
#5 Posted by ice_radon (70347 posts) -
I built mine for 1200, but everything was top of the line or one notch under.
#6 Posted by gerrad2003 (2509 posts) -

$1000+ not counting monitor, keyboard, etc...

dont believe that guy that said he build a $700 pc that will run crysis on high....even on newegg.com just the video card to run crysis on high would cost at least $300

#7 Posted by theking52 (2560 posts) -

$1000+ not counting monitor, keyboard, etc...

dont believe that guy that said he build a $700 pc that will run crysis on high....even on newegg.com just the video card to run crysis on high would cost at least $300

gerrad2003

That's true. Unless he had like... coupons o rsomething.
#8 Posted by kidkit (2783 posts) -
I like icd_radon's number of 1200. Once you go over say 1500 then you're not really getting value for your money, you're just indulging... and whatever you end up with will just be replaced with more bleeding edge tech in 6 months.
#9 Posted by yrogerg (30 posts) -
u could get a comp that runs wow for very cheap, my five year old comp can run it and if you bought it now it would cost like 300 bucks
#10 Posted by fireandcloud (5118 posts) -
well, if you want to play wow, you could just get a dell for under $500, and it'll run wow really, really well. but if you're planning on playing current games, your best bet is to build one. if you look for the best deals possible instead of just getting everything from newegg (check slickdeals), you might be able to get the pc for $1000. basically, $250 for graphics card, $100 for case, about $350 for motherboard + cpu, $75 for memory, $100 for harddrive, $25 for the dvd drive, $50 for fan, $50 for shipping and/or tax.
#11 Posted by chicknfeet (15629 posts) -
dont bump up old topics >_>