How many people actually buy seasons pass/DLCs?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

GeryGo  Moderator

Poll How many people actually buy seasons pass/DLCs? (11 votes)

None. I just buy the original game 73%
I buy the season pass/DLCs right away or later on if I still play this game 36%

Hi, I'm complete stuck in between choosing to buy:

A) Titanfall

B) BF3 Premium (includes all DLCs aka Season pass)

C) BF4

Now I've got already BF3 and it's populated but not so much, so I was wondering maybe most people play on DLC maps which in my case I don't have the premissions to.

Now I want to know if you buy a season pass - because BF3 is pretty good or will it be a waste of money because it won't really add more people / servers?

The cost of all 3 options are the same, so maybe I should invest money on the new BF4 game?

• 
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Bf3 > Bf4, but bf3 is dead and filled with hackers it seems. The season pass+game is $30 for bf4 right now for black friday/weekend, half off every time this year (I'm watching you battlefront :D). Titanfall is also $20 for complete pack.

W.e you do don't spend more than 30 with EA, not worth it. Bug ridden games!

Hit me up on origin id:Bikouchu. I may get titanfall and bf4 dlc since is so cheap right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Always BF, always Borderlands. I want the titanfall one if I can find it cheap enough

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Season Pass is idiotic in my opinion. Why pay $60 for a game and then turn around and pay $60 more for a fraction of the content? It's mostly been fueled by EA's desire to make more money. Luckily there are still developers out there that release finished games.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I did when I finally bought Bioshock Infinite last year. Got everything for $30. The only reason I bought the season pass was the (original Bioshock's) Rapture episodes.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I don't buy DLC or Seasons Passes because I don't support the downfall of gaming, thanks...

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

season passes is just a way for game developers to make money on the promise that the content in them are worth it.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KHAndAnime

@lawlessx said:

season passes is just a way for game developers to make money on the promise that the content in them are worth it.

And DLC is just a way for developers to release their game titles stripped of content that the game would've had otherwise and charge for it down the line. On-disc DLC is absolute proof of that. For some reason though, this doesn't bother people - so these people will continue to support these practices en masse. The real question is - where will it end? I have a funny feeling that if the next Assassin's Creed game, for example, were released in 2-parts (for $120), people would still continue to buy the games, because most gamers care more about gaming than demonstrating principles.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
@KHAndAnime said:

@lawlessx said:

And DLC is just a way for developers to release their game titles stripped of content that the game would've had otherwise and charge for it down the line. On-disc DLC is absolute proof of that. For some reason though, this doesn't bother people - so these people will continue to support these practices en masse. The real question is - where will it end? I have a funny feeling that if the next Assassin's Creed game, for example, were released in 2-parts (for $120), people would still continue to buy the games, because most gamers care more about gaming than demonstrating principles.

Day 1 DLC and on disc DLC suck,but i don't believe all DLC is content that was once part of the full game.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

I buy DLCs only for games which I enjoy and wish more from ... thus I purchase additional content. Shit games, on the other hand, which do not impress me (which has been increasing lately) are not worth further investment. It's as simple as that.

P.S. Also, the DLC I purchase is usually bought at sales with discounts ... the business models of DLC releasing is beyond help ...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KHAndAnime

@lawlessx said:
@KHAndAnime said:

@lawlessx said:

Day 1 DLC and on disc DLC suck,but i don't believe all DLC is content that was once part of the full game.

The problem for me is that a lot of DLC is content that blatantly was stripped from the original game. Back in the day if you bought a fighting game on the PS2 and Xbox - you'd get additional costumes and looks for your character by beating the game and getting "unlocks". Now if you buy a fighting game for the PS4 or XB1, all of those "unlocks" are now additional purchases. And that's how gaming is now - games have less content and you must pay more money to get content equal to what we used to be getting at a game's launch.

Furthermore, we have developers (*cough* DICE *cough*) who are busy creating 4+ DLC packs when the core game isn't even finished. The whole concept of why DLC doesn't work for me is because you have to assume the developers have the best intentions when the majority of DLC released does nothing but demonstrate that developers do not, in fact, have the best intentions with the DLC model. They're plain-as-day milking people, no different than cows. Except it's a little scary because these cows don't even realize they're cows.

Of course there's some good DLC out there, but honestly I prefer how things used to be: any content update that wasn't big enough to be warranted as an expansion was given for free. It was straight forward, made sense, and didn't make everyone feel like crap about the process. DLC these days is awkward, poorly integrated, poorly thought out, and more often than not reeks of snake oil. I prefer to keep that as far away from my games as possible.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

I've bought the season pass for BF3 and 4 and Borderlands 1 and 2. Both times I was glad I bought them. In many games I think its a ripoff though.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Zero, but I am thinking about the Destiny one...

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

The problem for me is that a lot of DLC is content that blatantly was stripped from the original game. Back in the day if you bought a fighting game on the PS2 and Xbox - you'd get additional costumes and looks for your character by beating the game and getting "unlocks". Now if you buy a fighting game for the PS4 or XB1, all of those "unlocks" are now additional purchases. And that's how gaming is now - games have less content and you must pay more money to get content equal to what we used to be getting at a game's launch.

Furthermore, we have developers (*cough* DICE *cough*) who are busy creating 4+ DLC packs when the core game isn't even finished. The whole concept of why DLC doesn't work for me is because you have to assume the developers have the best intentions when the majority of DLC released does nothing but demonstrate that developers do not, in fact, have the best intentions with the DLC model. They're plain-as-day milking people, no different than cows. Except it's a little scary because these cows don't even realize they're cows.

Of course there's some good DLC out there, but honestly I prefer how things used to be: any content update that wasn't big enough to be warranted as an expansion was given for free. It was straight forward, made sense, and didn't make everyone feel like crap about the process. DLC these days is awkward, poorly integrated, poorly thought out, and more often than not reeks of snake oil. I prefer to keep that as far away from my games as possible.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Just one Bioshock infinite. But don't support Season pass as there a lot different then normal DLC back in the day. They cut things out of games and call season pass???.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I just buy any story DLCs of games I've finished and want to get back to. Best examples that come to mind are Dishonored and Skyrim. Though I wait for a discount before purchasing them, luckily steam offers a lot of -50% price drops.