How is the newest version of WIndows 10 preview?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

If it gives me a new factory restore image and it has the basic functions like letting me use steam, Chrome, and VLC then I would love to use it as my sole OS for now.

Has anyone tried it?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@thedude-: Haven't tried it, but I would point out that it's a tech preview. Generally, it's not a good idea to try to run an upcomming OS as your primary until it at least gets to the Release Candidate stage and that's a ways off.

-Byshop

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thedude-

Is there a date for the release candidate?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@thedude-:

The build that came out today stuffs up IE11 (build 9926), they are implementing bits and pieces into IE11 to make it like Spartan, but it completely screws it up, every webpage crashes every 30 secs, its unusable.

Also, they added Cortana (shes a bitch at times and extremely annoying...)

"Looks like your trying to find something in control panel, can I help?" NO, shut up and let me find stuff myself.

Also, they keep changing the UI in every build, the start menu can be like W8 now or like normal.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@GTR12 said:

@thedude-:

The build that came out today stuffs up IE11 (build 9926), they are implementing bits and pieces into IE11 to make it like Spartan, but it completely screws it up, every webpage crashes every 30 secs, its unusable.

"Looks like your trying to find something in control panel, can I help?" NO, shut up and let me find stuff myself.

Also, they keep changing the UI in every build, the start menu can be like W8 now or like normal.

They are testing different things to see the feedback from the users.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12

@FelipeInside said:

@GTR12 said:

@thedude-:

Hopefully they fix this Spartan-IE hybrid because its unusable.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thedude-

Hmm? What about game performance?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12

@thedude- said:

Hmm? What about game performance?

Same as W8.1 except its got a lighter footprint so you have extra RAM available.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FelipeInside

@GTR12 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@GTR12 said:

@thedude-:

Hopefully they fix this Spartan-IE hybrid because its unusable.

Well yeah, they are working on it. This is a brand new browser running on a brand new engine in Alpha Stage, it ain't gonna play nice for a while.

Just install Firefox/Chrome in the meanwhile.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GTR12

@FelipeInside:

Thats exactly what I'm doing lol, and for some weird reason I have 3 OS installs, W8.1, W10 Preview and W10 "Rollback" which I'm trying to figure out to remove.

Edit; Nevermind, msconfig has to be given admin rights now...wtf MS, your own program wants access and your asking me to allow it?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside

@GTR12 said:

@FelipeInside:

Thats exactly what I'm doing lol, and for some weird reason I have 3 OS installs, W8.1, W10 Preview and W10 "Rollback" which I'm trying to figure out to remove.

Edit; Nevermind, msconfig has to be given admin rights now...wtf MS, your own program wants access and your asking me to allow it?

Yep, that feature is in there for added security against trojan/viruses/malware etc. If an extra click is protecting me from another program making changes to system files, then I'm all for it.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

@thedude- said:

If it gives me a new factory restore image and it has the basic functions like letting me use steam, Chrome, and VLC then I would love to use it as my sole OS for now.

Has anyone tried it?

It sucks. At this point I like OSX better. and I hate apple anything