How is my wire management?

#1 Edited by Ricky4372 (35 posts) -

I recently built my gaming PC and I am not sure if my cable management is good for air flow.

I tucked some cables under my hardrive and It removed some clutter.

#2 Posted by 04dcarraher (19666 posts) -

Decent

#3 Posted by danxxx (680 posts) -

not great but much better than mine.

#4 Edited by LunarVince (14 posts) -

lol yours looks better then mine

#5 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

It's okay. Reroute a few cables.. The 8pin connector on mobo for instance plus one cable from your DVD drive (by the looks of it), and maybe pull the others so that only the necessary length of them is showing, hiding the rest behind the mobo.

#6 Edited by BattleSpectre (6220 posts) -

I think my cable management is pretty impressive, everything is hidden nicely and it looks purrdy. I'll have to take some pictures, but cbf at the moment.

But yeah TC, do what @horgen said.

#7 Posted by kraken2109 (13070 posts) -

In the real world unless it's terrible cable management will make no noticeable difference to temperatures. It only really matters if you have a side window and want things to look pretty.

#8 Posted by Old_Gooseberry (3738 posts) -

looks cleaner then mine, i have some fan wires crammed around in mine, looks a little crappy but my case is in a closet and nobody can see it. I don't bother getting to picky about it cause i remove my side case a lot and it'd be a pain to put wires back carefully every time.

Really makes little difference now, with sata cords so thin you can hide those behind the motherboard and its pretty good. the crappy ATA hard drive connector days it was a painful mess to keep things clutter free.

I don't like to bend down my cords too much anyways or they may break so i just let them sit where they want.

#9 Edited by caseystryker (5406 posts) -

Not bad. Looks about like mine. Spent over an hour trying to tidy up the cables in my case. I probably could have done a better job, but I figured it was good enough.

#10 Edited by JigglyWiggly_ (23604 posts) -

Rearranging your cables tc will not help airflow in any measurable way from what you have now.

#11 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16562 posts) -

I don't even bother with wire management. My PC temps are fine, even when the wires are a mess.

#12 Posted by groowagon (2822 posts) -

pfffft. airflow. who cares about airflow. you should see the insides of my itx-build combined with non-modular PSU like yours... now that's what i call a mess.