How do you uninstall Tribes Ascend?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

So, I uninstalled Tribes Ascend and, like pretty much any game, it left behind a folder full of stuff. Tried deleting the folder, and several files say they can't delete because they're open in the Hi Rez studios authenticate or whatever program. But there's no process in the task manager for that. I ran CCleaner, to clean my registry, so now there's not even any registry entries that have anything to do with Hi Rez studios or Tribes, and I still can't delete those files. I did restart the computer after cleaning the registry. Still can't delete them. What kind of sh!t is this? Some background program that you can't uninstall? Am I stuck with this forever? It's really starting to piss me off. I hate programs that pull this crap. It seems really shady to me. So how can I get rid of this stuff?

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Try using pocket killbox to delete it if that doesn't work try burning a copy of Ubuntu to dvd boot from that and deleting the files inside of Ubuntu.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Well I just tried to get Killbox, and it gave me this message when I tried to run the file that it downloaded.

kilbox.jpg

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

Start > "msconfig" (no quotes) > Starup Tab > See if the Hi-Res junk is on that list.

If it is, disable it. Then try.

Also I believe task in the manager is simply called HiPatchService and not Hi-Res.

I got all this from clicking the very first link in google, so if you have tried all this, I apologize.