HoTS release date announced

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

Well, according to PC Gamer the release date will be Marth 12th, 2013.

Excerpt:

Eurogamer has reported that Heart of the Swarm well be released on March 12th, 2013. The information comes from Eurogamers Spanish site, who spotted a listing on Battle.net. An official announcement is expected later today.

Its uncertain at this time if the March 12th date is for a worldwide release or merely North America. What is known is that Blizzard will be selling a Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm double pack for £45. The new game alone is listed at 39.99 in Europe, meaning it will likely sell at £30-35 over here.

If you are interested in the beta Raptr will release 650 keys for enter the beta. You only need to be Elite in Wings of Liberty for get the key. I suppose it will be first come first served.

Edit: You can already pre buy the game from Blizzard Digital Store.

Edit2: Official announcement of Blizzard.

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ravenshout
Member since 2012 • 1265 Posts

Okay, I have a question to ask: Why would you want to buy it? As far as I am concerned, everyone thought Sc2's campaign was garbage.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Okay, I have a question to ask: Why would you want to buy it? As far as I am concerned, everyone thought Sc2's campaign was garbage.

Ravenshout
Let's see, more campaign, since SC 2 had the best campaign by far in an RTS game and the very obvious that shouldn't even be asked, new things for multiplayer.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

Ravenshout
Speak for yourself. I loved SC2's campaign (one of my all-time RTS favourites). I am very much excited for HoTS :)
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

Ravenshout
Speak for yourself. I loved SC2's campaign (one of my all-time RTS favourites). I am very much excited for HoTS :)
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Miroku32

Ravenshout
Actually WoL campaign is considered one of the best in the RTS genre.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
So is this going to be full price ($60) at release? Will it have the same multiplayer as WoL?
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Miroku32

So is this going to be full price ($60) at release? Will it have the same multiplayer as WoL?General_X
$40 for standard edition. $60 for digital deluxe edition.

As for multiplayer, it will be change depending on how the metagame adapts to the new units and changes to existing units.

Battle.net will also get some changes of course. Unranked ladder matches, clan support.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46182 Posts

Lots of great RTS coming out next year. Can't wait !

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
I'm simply giddy. While the multiplayer is unquestionably great, the campaign for WoL was awesome. Vast mission variety, dashes of RPG elements and beautiful cutscenes make it the best campaign in the series. All "imo" of course. But, yeah, such good news. I'll swing by a store later to throw a pre-order down.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

I'll swing by a store later to throw a pre-order down.NAPK1NS

Overuse of metaphors, please edit.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
I'm hesitant to give Blizzard any more of my money on principle.
Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
I'm hesitant to give Blizzard any more of my money on principle. chrisrooR
Ya, I may never preorder again. Diablo 3 left too poor a taste in my mouth. Dropped $50 and it became one of the few games Ive ever regret buying. So sad...
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Oh boy, Hopefully ill get in the beta
howlrunner13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 howlrunner13
Member since 2005 • 4408 Posts

$80 for the collector's edition? Might as well.

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
Oh boy, Hopefully ill get in the betaLed_poison
To be honest if you played sc2 and liked it you will like this. It has a few new units and a new campaign ^^. If you didn't enjoy sc2 then don't get it.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

[QUOTE="General_X"]So is this going to be full price ($60) at release? Will it have the same multiplayer as WoL?Miroku32

As for multiplayer, it will be change depending on how the metagame adapts to the new units and changes to existing units.

Battle.net will also get some changes of course. Unranked ladder matches, clan support.

Does a WoL owner need to buy HotS to play multiplayer or will the new units be available for WoL only owners only for multiplayer (ranked matches)?
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DanielDust

[QUOTE="Miroku32"]

[QUOTE="General_X"]So is this going to be full price ($60) at release? Will it have the same multiplayer as WoL?lordlors

Does a WoL owner need to buy HotS to play multiplayer or will the new units be available for WoL only owners only for multiplayer (ranked matches)?

It's an expansion, you will need the base game, at first they were planned to be standalone, but the community made them do it like that, since the general opinion was that, the community might split either way, so the chances are it'll be better and more efficient for a healthy community to have them behave like actual expansions.

Strictly multiplayer wise, everyone will play with everyone, except having access to units restricted to the expansion.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Miroku32

Strictly multiplayer wise, everyone will play with everyone, except having access to units restricted to the expansion.

DanielDust
I thought there would be separate ladders for WoL and HotS.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DanielDust
Ladders yes, but they said a few times that friends will be able to play.
jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

let's see if Blizzard learns from their mistakes.

MoP = beyond average.

Failclysm = fail.

D3 = one of the worst games of the past 10 years.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DanielDust

MoP = beyond average.

Failclysm = fail.

jakes456

MoP = trully is beyond average, it's fantastic

Cataclysmically awesome

D3 = hands down the best hack and slash available at the moment

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Remember all those years of people crying about "three full price games" despite Blizzard saying the last two will be cheaper?

Good times.

I can't believe this launches more than two and a half years after WOL.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#24 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
As much as I enjoyed the campaign in Wings of Liberty, I really can't get excited for this one. Not interested in the multiplayer side things either. Now they have opened SC2 up for global play, does that mean HoTS is open up for global play out of the box?
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

[QUOTE="jakes456"]

MoP = beyond average.

Failclysm = fail.

DanielDust

MoP = trully is beyond average, it's fantastic

Cataclysmically awesome

D3 = hands down the best hack and slash available at the moment

Just because you disagree with him doesn't mean you're right. So no, your post doesn't win. And myself and many others thought D3 was overhyped garbage, which it was. It removed many core components that made D2 so great. Most people I know have already given up on D3 entirely.
James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

Finally, I say. Three years to wait for an expansion is really pushing it. I hope it's as good as Wings of Liberty. I thought the writing and story was bad in that one, but the gameplay was awesome. I'm hoping for some fun campaign missions. Clan support will be nice for multiplayer.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Ravenshout

Uh I loved the campaign in SC2, that's probably the only reason I played SC2 since I don't find MP fun or thrilling enough to care about it.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Ravenshout

Lolwut? "as far as I'm concerned"... "everybody thought SC2's campaign was garbage". I've seen it widly praised everywhere, and I loved it, more so than any other RTS campaign I can remember playing. So.... as far as I'm concerned, you clearly just didn't like it for whatever personal reason, and you think your opinion dictates reality.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Thank you based blizzard.

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravenshout"]

DanielDust

Let's see, more campaign, since SC 2 had the best campaign by far in an RTS game and the very obvious that shouldn't even be asked, new things for multiplayer.

Well the campaign wasn't that great, for me at least, mainly because almost all missions were about completing objectives in a certain amount of time. Not to mention the game is incredibly hard on brutal. Still haven't finished the game. I think it's impossible to beat the game on brutal on the last mission (All In) vs air without using some cheese tactic like the mind controller device or the ghosts in bunkers . :(

I guess it's worth for the multiplayer alone. I think they should release only the multiplayer for $20. :P

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

[QUOTE="lordlors"][QUOTE="Miroku32"] $40 for standard edition. $60 for digital deluxe edition.

DanielDust

It's an expansion, you will need the base game, at first they were planned to be standalone, but the community made them do it like that, since the general opinion was that, the community might split either way, so the chances are it'll be better and more efficient for a healthy community to have them behave like actual expansions.

What the hell? WoL only owners won't get the hots units even in just multiplayer ranked matches? then how are they going to balance this game? A WoL only owner will be at a disadvantage against an hots owner who has new units.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DanielDust

What the hell? WoL only owners won't get the hots units even in just multiplayer ranked matches? then how are they going to balance this game? A WoL only owner will be at a disadvantage against an hots owner who has new units.lordlors

You won't be fighting HotS owners in ranked, but from what they said WoL owners might be able to play with their HotS friends.

@chrisrooR Quit yer whining, I know my post wins, but I'll tell you that yours fails miserably, do you think anyone cares about your misconceptions and that you're constantly telling us about your frustration with Diablo? next time look at the title of this thread. You could have said something equally stupid and irrelevant like "OMG Blizzard will sell maps and mods in HotS, THEY BE DA EVIL MILKERS" like every other common hater that can't read things like "only the community will be selling maps and mods if they choose".

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#33 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

While the the story presented in WoL was at times awful, the structure of the campaign itself was fantastic. Looking forward to this one. I dont look forward to the bickering between CoH2 and HotS in this forum though :P

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NAPK1NS

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"] I'll swing by a store later to throw a pre-order down.HyperWarlock

Didn't use any. :|
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="Ravenshout"]

not_wanted

Well the campaign wasn't that great, for me at least, mainly because almost all missions were about completing objectives in a certain amount of time. Not to mention the game is incredibly hard on brutal. Still haven't finished the game. I think it's impossible to beat the game on brutal on the last mission (All In) vs air without using some cheese tactic like the mind controller device or the ghosts in bunkers . :(

I guess it's worth for the multiplayer alone. I think they should release only the multiplayer for $20. :P

wow really?

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GummiRaccoon

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"] I'll swing by a store later to throw a pre-order down.HyperWarlock

Not metaphors.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NAPK1NS

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"] I'll swing by a store later to throw a pre-order down.GummiRaccoon

Not metaphors.

:lol: *hand on back* Thanks broseph.

EDIT: Oh, and after I threw down my pre-order LIKE A MULE UNTO A MINERAL FIELD (that IS a metaphor) they gave me a beta code. So if anyone is dying to try the game out, you should succum to GameStop's evil ways and pre-order for code-goodness.

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ravenshout

Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne is still the best expansion Blizzard has ever put out.

I doubt this one will live up to The Frozen Throne at least in terms of shaking things up.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Miroku32

Not to mention the game is incredibly hard on brutal. think it's impossible to beat the game on brutal on the last mission (All In) vs air without using some cheese tactic like the mind controller device or the ghosts in bunkers . :(not_wanted
... The game is hard on brutal, I won't deny it, but incredible hard? Nah, nah, nah. I find more hard multiplayer than the single player campaign in brutal.

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

[QUOTE="not_wanted"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"] Let's see, more campaign, since SC 2 had the best campaign by far in an RTS game and the very obvious that shouldn't even be asked, new things for multiplayer.GummiRaccoon

wow really?

I'm talking about the last mission, vs air without using those tactics (mind control or ghosts in bunkers). Please upload a video on youtube of you playing the lats mission as I said, if you can.

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ravenshout

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="not_wanted"]Well the campaign wasn't that great, for me at least, mainly because almost all missions were about completing objectives in a certain amount of time. Not to mention the game is incredibly hard on brutal. Still haven't finished the game. I think it's impossible to beat the game on brutal on the last mission (All In) vs air without using some cheese tactic like the mind controller device or the ghosts in bunkers . :(

not_wanted

wow really?

I'm talking about the last mission, vs air without using those tactics (mind control or ghosts in bunkers). Please upload a video on youtube of you playing the lats mission as I said, if you can.

the last mission is terrible because there's a huge difficulty spike. It's unfair. The rest of the game, however, is properly designed.

Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

Great news. 2.5 years is a long time, but I'm glad they finally got on point.

I absolutely loved the MP, but really felt like the SP was where it was at. From what I have seen so far it looks like HotS will live up to its predecessor. We can only hope.

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

How can you say Starcraft 2 campaign was Garbage? You get different paths and recruiting different types of Mercs/Units where you have to replay to try the other types. Also you land on the you know what at the end and your marines are in deep enemy territory shooting all kinds of stuff. Kind of reminds you of the D-Day invasion, it's just pure awesome the loading screen they have for that part of the endgame. Overall the campaign was great.