Homeworld remastered footage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Sadly, it only shows the redone opening cutscene (which isn't in engine) and redone audio.

From the info as well they are "hoping" to give a definitive release date fairly soon.

Important to note removed by mod: don't post stuff like that ~ zanelli

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

so... you post this vid here like 2 weeks after it was initially released, have a thread title that is bait to dupe people into clicking.... and then you bitch about how fat some guy is?

i am no pitchfork fan... but come the **** on.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#3 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I love how the audio is like 2 seconds out of sync

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

This video just makes me worried that it's going to be awful.. Gearbox said the remastered edition would be ready very soon around this time of year, in which they really haven't had any news for like 6 months.. And what do we get here? We get a starting story intro to the game that was merely sharpened, no sign of what the actual game engine looks like, and they spend literally 2/3rd's of the time talking about the stupid figurine that comes with the collector's edition.. This does not look promising what so ever with Gearbox's track record of half assing game franchises that are not Borderlands..

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

This video just makes me worried that it's going to be awful.. Gearbox said the remastered edition would be ready very soon around this time of year, in which they really haven't had any news for like 6 months.. And what do we get here? We get a starting story intro to the game that was merely sharpened, no sign of what the actual game engine looks like, and they spend literally 2/3rd's of the time talking about the stupid figurine that comes with the collector's edition.. This does not look promising what so ever with Gearbox's track record of half assing game franchises that are not Borderlands..

gearbox is a piece of shit.... and pitchfork is the devil incarnate.

if i wasnt such a HUGE homeworld fan, i wouldnt be giving this the time of day....

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@sSubZerOo said:

gearbox is a piece of shit.... and pitchfork is the devil incarnate.

if i wasnt such a HUGE homeworld fan, i wouldnt be giving this the time of day....

Yeah going to have to call it here, I think the remastered edition is going to be shit.. They are giving it the Gearbox treatment all over again for another great franchise.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:

I remain very optimistic. The games themselves , are not made by Gearbox.it is simply being touched up.

The fact i'll even be seeing Homeworld (any) pop up on steam is an exciting prospect.

@cyloninside said:

so... you post this vid here like 2 weeks after it was initially released, have a thread title that is bait to dupe people into clicking.... and then you bitch about how fat some guy is?

i am no pitchfork fan... but come the **** on.

My friend, this video was posted on the 1st with this comment posted on the 6th. Also, I'm not sure what exactly would be baited here, or mislead. Game footage was shown.

This may be surprising, but... I actually was looking for information and thought "hey, someone else might be interested". I wasn't trying to kill humanity as we know it or blow up an orphanage. It seems like you have a very negative new point of the world, might want to work on that.

Ed: Yes, after checking though your post history, this appears not to be a one off. Practically everyone is being argued with or enforced with a dark viewpoint. From now on I'm afraid (as with Bishop) I will save energy ignoring any posts from now on. A very sad conclusion to my goodwill.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Sadly, it only shows the redone opening cutscene (which isn't in engine) and redone audio.

From the info as well they are "hoping" to give a definitive release date fairly soon.

Very promising, it would be nice if i can play this on my tv with a controller but that would probably put me in a big disadvantage on multiplayer games (i guess that ips monitor will finally get some use lol). I played both homeworlds in the past. Only real 3D strategy game, the music and the whole setting was just ... something special

on my pentium III 800 mhzwith a geforce 2 mx 400 (haha that i still now that). Good times then, then it was actually a time when good games got released. Not like the pos we get nowadays.

I don't really mind a remaster ( a whole new game would be fun too though) because i can hardly remember the story, since it's so long ago lol. But i'm dying to see that in hd remastered.