High-end Gaming Pc Recommendations

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by redoxon (419 posts) -

Hey everyone! I am considering on building a new PC and since you guys know a lot about this i think you can help me with it. I use tons of programs like ProTools, Fl Studio, Sony Vegas and i also like gaming ALOT. I wish to play every upcoming game maxed out :3.

So i wanna know which motherboard, processor, graphic card, ram, etc i could use.. my budget is around 2000$. I hope you guys can help me, thanks in advance!

#2 Edited by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

Here is a quick build I threw together. I went with a 4770k since you want to do video editing and audio stuff. Only $1700 total. You can save the extra cash or buy games/software with it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30Qt6

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (28775 posts) -

Here is a quick build I threw together. I went with a 4770k since you want to do video editing and audio stuff. Only $1684 total. You can save the extra cash or buy games/software with it.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30Pf4

I'd get 16gb of ram,considering his budget and his intended editing.

#4 Posted by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

@MonsieurX: Good point. I edited my original post/build and included 16gb ram now. Thanks for the input.

#5 Posted by PredatorRules (7086 posts) -
#6 Edited by insane_metalist (5862 posts) -
#7 Posted by nicecall (428 posts) -

i got the same cpu and water cooler also, they are quite nice...

The case looks nice and big but if you can, try to make sure the double radiator will fit in there... i have a full tower Cooler Master HAF 932 case, and had to cut some metal to make mine mount properly (it really wasn't meant to have it fit there but yet i got it to work)

From those images it does look like it has spots for it at the top of the case, but its a guess.

#8 Posted by redoxon (419 posts) -

Cool those are some very nice PC's , thank you so much for the recommendations guys

#9 Posted by dbtbandit67 (353 posts) -

intel celeron

gtx titan

#10 Posted by redoxon (419 posts) -

I got another question, why on two of those builds there are two hard drives? For examples a 250 Gb Samsung and a 4 TB Western Digital? Is it better to have two instead of just buying a 4 TB one?

#11 Posted by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

@redoxon: The smaller capacity drives are SSD drives. You put your OS and apps that you use most frequently on that drive so they load faster.

#12 Edited by sixty7velle (1032 posts) -