Here's a tip to having fun in Planetside 2.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jebus213 (8919 posts) -

Join an active platoon or Outfit.

The other alternatives are not b!tching about being bored for no reason, uninstalling the game, and forgetting that it ever existed.

#2 Posted by Mrcod11 (3059 posts) -

An attention span longer than 5 minutes is also highly recommended.

#3 Posted by nutcrackr (12829 posts) -
this sounds like a thread where you belittle people who don't enjoy planetside 2. Let me join in! if you don't like planetside 2 you are a smelly head and will go nowhere in life!
#4 Posted by darksusperia (6943 posts) -
[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]this sounds like a thread where you belittle people who don't enjoy planetside 2. Let me join in! if you don't like planetside 2 you are a smelly head and will go nowhere in life!

I dont think its necessarily that. I absolutely love the idea of the game and stuck with it while working out how everything works due to lack of tutorials on this and that. I would occasionally end up with a squad/platoon that worked together and it made the game alot of more fun. I then, eventually, found an outfit to play with and the game absolutely transforms when you have hundreds of people co-ordinated through attacks on specified locations at the right time. And I think thats the big thing here, if you dont have an outfit to fight with it can be meh at times. Either your steam rolling, or being steam rolled when your not with one. Sometimes your lucky, others your not. As for battles and zergs going one way or the other. I know myself and C_Rule were in a massive battle for a bio dome that lasted hours with equal numbers on both sides. it was simply epic in every sense of the word.
#5 Posted by Falconoffury (1717 posts) -

Either your steam rolling, or being steam rolled when your not with one. Sometimes your lucky, others your not. As for battles and zergs going one way or the other. I know myself and C_Rule were in a massive battle for a bio dome that lasted hours with equal numbers on both sides. it was simply epic in every sense of the word.darksusperia

I have been having fun going solo and learning tactics to deal with steamrollers. A small group of friends helps because then you can communicate while in vehicles with multiple seats, and groups of vehicles as a team.