[Help] Wierd Display Message on Screen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kinetic22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kinetic22
Member since 2003 • 109 Posts
All of sudden in the bottom right of my desktop, theres a little box that pops up whenever I turn my locks (num, caps, scroll) on and off telling me that I turned it on or off. How do I turn this stupid feature off, it just suddenly appeared!!

ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
never heard of it, i would go in to control panel and account settings, see whats in there. then check start up entries by typing msconfig into run. see if anything weird is in there that would be related to that
1Lonehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 1Lonehawk
Member since 2005 • 873 Posts
You may want to check your services and see what's going on. It "could" be the "Human Interfaces Devices Access (HID)" service (which I have disabled on my comp) that has been switched on. You can safely disable this service as it has no dependencies. If this isn't what is causing the problem, you can try switching other services to "manual" or "disabled." But be VERY CAREFUL when doing this to trouble shoot a problem. Only disable one at a time if you're not sure then see what effect it has. Also, to be sure of what the service will affect, right click the service and click the "dependencies" tab to see what other services "depend" on this one running. If you're not careful when messing with services, you could severely mess up your OS's ability to function properly.

If you're not sure about a service, even after reading it's description, the search it out on the net and educate yourself a bit. This will help you to trouble shoot problems better and gain more control over your OS and how it behaves.

Hope that helps.