This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for sociopathically
Sociopathically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sociopathically
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hello! I am looking to buy a good gaming PC with $500-$700, the problem is I'm a noob in the PC field and it would be my first Gaming PC, so I was wondering what would be recommended within the price range of $500-$700, thanks!

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

PC build

This is in your budget and will max games out for a while. Hang on for a few other members to throw their two cents in though.

Once you get all the parts its not too hard to put together, just watch a few you tube videos to get the basics

Sociopathically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sociopathically

@thehig1: thanks for the advice! I was looking on youtube the past couple of days but wasn't sure how good they actually were because they didn't actually own the PC they were talking about.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts
@sociopathically said:

@thehig1: thanks for the advice! I was looking on youtube the past couple of days but wasn't sure how good they actually were because they didn't actually own the PC they were talking about.

It doesn't matter, all PC's are the same connections, there's only 1 part that's different and even then, its very similar.

Sociopathically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sociopathically

@GTR12: well then do you have any recommendations for a Gaming PC?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

This is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pz7gCJ

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Trying to fit a gaming PC with windows while having good gaming performance under $700 was kinda difficult.

You can go lower in the GPU if you want, but its not recommended, cause you will loose a lot of FPS for just $20-25.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bqmKNG

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bqmKNG/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($174.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock B85 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($66.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($70.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card ($169.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.84 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($46.99 @ Amazon)

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($90.26 @ OutletPC)

Total: $725.01

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-17 22:08 EDT-0400

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@sociopathically:

There's no point lol, @PredatorRules and @Coseniath beat me to it, both builds are good.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9  Edited By insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

This is what you shall build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tRHLbv

CPU: FX-8320 @ 3.5GHz - $140

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $29

Mobo: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 - $68

RAM: 8GB (2X4GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600mhz - $73

HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue - $50

GPU: MSI Twin Frozr R9 290 4GB - $265

Case: Corsair 200R (Mid Tower) - $40

PSU: SeaSonic M12II 620W - $40

Total: $690 (that's with a high end GPU that should last you quiet sometime and not to mention all the Main-In Rebates).

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

While AMD are good in value/performance with 8320 imo i wouldnt go with them in these day and age considering their AM3+ platform is well dead so no future upgrade path. Imo either an entry level core i5 ( wich is more or less the same performance as an AMD 8350 on well threaded games while been better on not so good threaded games ) paired with an H97/z97 mobo that will also allow you to upgrade in a later time to an i7 broadwell ( intels upcoming cpu's ) and will cost you only a bit more than AM3+/8320 combo. Or increase your budget and go all out with an i7 from the get go

Sociopathically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sociopathically

@PredatorRules: thanks!

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@adamosmaki: I'd still go with amd for that kind of budget the OP has and use the extra money for an ssd and better gpu.

the 8350\8320 won't need to be upgraded for a long time anyway, especially considering how well they both overclock

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13  Edited By neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

This is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pz7gCJ

No reason to get the aftermarket cooler since it's not a "k" model CPU. Just use the stock heatsink that comes with the CPU - this'll knock an extra $30 off the build suggested. If you purchase a "k" model CPU, such as the i5-4690k, then an aftermarket heatsink would be ideal if you want to overclock.

One last thing for the TC - if you live near a MicroCenter, they have amazing deals for a CPU + Motherboard combo. You can usually find the same CPUs sold on newegg and such usually at a cheaper price - for example the i5-4690k is priced at $199 at MicroCenter whereas you pick it up on newegg for $239.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GeryGo  Moderator

@neatfeatguy said:

No reason to get the aftermarket cooler since it's not a "k" model CPU.

What>? are you serious? I wouldn't stay with stock cooler even if you'd pay me to.

They're noisy and cool at least 30% worst than any aftermarket cooler.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#15 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

^ if hes getting an intel cpu, their stock coolers aren't that loud compared to AMD. I used my stock cooler on my 2600k for almost a year before upgrading it to water cooling so i could do some overclocking. I never had any problems with noise with intel fans.... however both my 6 core and 8 core AMD cpus i used in other pcs, their stock cooling fans are unbearable.

Only problem with the intel stock cooler is they won't keep the temps very low, but if your not overclocking thats not a big deal.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@Old_Gooseberry said:

^ if hes getting an intel cpu, their stock coolers aren't that loud compared to AMD. I used my stock cooler on my 2600k for almost a year before upgrading it to water cooling so i could do some overclocking. I never had any problems with noise with intel fans.... however both my 6 core and 8 core AMD cpus i used in other pcs, their stock cooling fans are unbearable.

Only problem with the intel stock cooler is they won't keep the temps very low, but if your not overclocking thats not a big deal.

I'm living in a hot country so spending additional 20-30$ on low grade CPU cooler would benefit me more than than staying with stock and burning a 200$ CPU worth.

EDIT: just watch the load on stock clocks: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cm_hyper212_evo/4.htm there's a 20C degrees difference - for me that's a lot .

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17  Edited By neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@neatfeatguy said:

No reason to get the aftermarket cooler since it's not a "k" model CPU.

What>? are you serious? I wouldn't stay with stock cooler even if you'd pay me to.

They're noisy and cool at least 30% worst than any aftermarket cooler.

That's odd because I run the stock heatsink in the daughter's computer along with 2 fans (side intake, rear exhaust) and a fanless GPU (GT 730) and the computer is literally whisper quiet. She's using my old Phenom II x4 940 while utilizing the Cool-n-Quiet setting for the CPU.

My tower has 2 top exhaust, 1 rear exhaust, 1 bottom intake and one front intake along with dual GPUs and it's very noisy compared to the daughter's computer.

Granted the stock heatsink may not cool as well as cheap aftermarket cooler, but it's not necessary by any means. Her CPU maxes out around 38C when she plays the computer a lot. Else it idles around 24C.