• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

starsweeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 starsweeper
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
Being a real girly girl I was wondering wot pc games apart fro sims, barbie and most of the petz series, what other good girl games are there?:)
UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts

I dunno...F.E.A.R.? :P

starsweeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 starsweeper
Lol my other half has just told me it's gory as hell so no thanx!!!!
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Lucky I have quite a few girl gamer friends.

Rollercoaster Tycoon - heck plenty of tycoon games

The Movies

Desperate Houswives (unbeleiveably its a decent game)

Sam and Max (The Epsodic ones)

Evil Genius

Thats a few off the top of my head. I could say Oblivion, Assasins Creed ect - as I know a few girls who into those games (RPG action adventure, even FPS) - though the ones I have listed have a broad appeal.

UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts

Lol my other half has just told me it's gory as hell so no thanx!!!!starsweeper

I know, I'm kidding with you. I really don't know what "girly games" you would like.

FreyarHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 FreyarHunter
Member since 2003 • 2098 Posts

Evil Genius is a decently ... how to put this... Gender Neutral? game.

You've also got "The Sims", as well as ... well... I'm at a loss here.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Worms Armageddon! Great game to play with "your other half", seriously. And its cute as hell.

Portal...simply awesome.

SimCity 4

City Life

Ya theyre not all "girly" games but they would be good and are gender neutral as someone said before.

starsweeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 starsweeper

Thanx guys I will try some of those

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

Well, if you mean more accurately gender-neutral games, then almost any adventure games will do, in which case I recommend the Myst games above all else.

But if you actually want truly girly games... Mmm, let's see, girly games, girly games... Ah! I know just the thing!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/barbieislandprincess/index.html?tag=result;title;5

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, I guess you will love both of 'em.
starsweeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starsweeper

I'm gonna sound really stupid now but I didn't get Myst!!!! But thanx u lot u are all really nice

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JP_Russell

I'm gonna sound really stupid now but I didn't get Myst!!!!

starsweeper

What do you mean? As in, you've already played it and didn't understand it? Or as in, you didn't buy it?

starsweeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 starsweeper
I had it on the PS 1 and I just didn't get it!
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mrbojangles25  Online

I had it on the PS 1 and I just didn't get it!starsweeper

ya, me neither. Of course I was like 8 years old at the time.

It was like "OK, theres a spaceship I cant turn on, then a library type of building, oh and a forest". I really should go back and try it out with my new, high-powered intellect :roll:

starsweeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 starsweeper

Lol wot the game even about?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mrbojangles25  Online

starsweeper

I dont have the faintest idea, i think youre like stranded on this island and you solve puzzles to power this rocket ship to get off.

I thought you said you played it?

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts
Postal 2 :P
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

[QUOTE="starsweeper"]

mrbojangles25

I dont have the faintest idea, i think youre like stranded on this island and you solve puzzles to power this rocket ship to get off.

It's the most illogical and hardest adventure game ever

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25  Online

Postal 2 :PDarth_Kane

Oh ya, Postal 2 is great. There are kittens. Which you pick up. Then stick on the end of your gun. Then when you shoot the gun it goes "meow!"...like a cat silencer.

And if you shoot the cat-silenced gun in the air, the cats will fall back to earth and splatter, but only before you hear them 'meowing' from hundreds of feet up

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooooooooooow-splat.

starsweeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 starsweeper

But I did really enjoy Broken Sword. Myst I was like Ehhhhh.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
Theres also Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, and probably World of Warcraft.
starsweeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 starsweeper

Do not metion WOW I hate that game beyond belief

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JP_Russell
[QUOTE="starsweeper"]

mrbojangles25

The story is far, far more intricate than that. Read up on the Myst games and their stories at Wikipedia if you want to see just how complex they are. One of the things that makes the Myst games so masterfully crafted is that they rely heavily on making conclusions and even solving puzzles by looking at the little intricacies and your own theories about the story, which is kept in the background all the time so as to make you think it's not as important a component as it really is. This way, when you do figure out what's going on or how to solve something from piecing together things about this story that isn't thrust in front of your face, you're like "Holy crap, wowzers, oh my God, ultra brilliant, I'm a genius!!" It's the greatest feeling in the world.

The story in the original Myst goes like this.

*Spoilers*

The island of Myst is part of a world created by a man named Atrus, who is part of the ancient D'ni civilization (who are what the denizens of Earth decended from). The D'ni have the ability to actually write worlds into existence through books called linking books. How they do so isn't necessary to understand, all you need to know is that Atrus wrote the book Myst, and in turn created the world that is the island of Myst.

Your character, presumably a human of the normal world, stumbles across the Myst book, opens it, touches its viewing panel on the first page which shows the world to which it links in motion, and gets transported there. When you touch a linking book to another world, the book doesn't get transported with you, so unless you have a linking book back to the world you just came from with you, you're stuck. This is the scenario in Myst, this is why they just set you down on a dock on the island of Myst without any real explanation about what the hell is going on. It's meant to put you into the shoes of your character, making you feel just as lost and confused as he would be.

As you go through the game, you find these two books with viewing panels showing two men trapped inside. You learn with time that these men are the brothers, Sirrus and Achenar. Later, you find Atrus, the man who wrote Myst, trapped inside a book, as well, and learn that he is the father of these two men. As you progress, you find linking books to various other worlds that Atrus created, where you find pages to the books that Sirrus and Achenar are trapped in, which allows you to hear more messages from them.

I forget how the rest goes, but that's just the start of it all. Understand that Myst was not of the same production levels of Riven and the rest of the sequels. The story of the universe was not fully developed yet, so it was more obscure and less serious. With the addition of Riven, the story took on a whole new, grander scale, a truly magnificent one. In Riven, it is explained how you came across the Myst book, but I won't go into that because it's awfully complex to explain to someone on a forum.

See, this is why people don't really pay any attention when you try to talk about a Myst game today, they don't realize that its story was utterly brilliant because when they played the game, they got confused and figured it was just a boggled mess. But it wasn't. Almost every single puzzle in every Myst game can be solved by logic and intuition, and by combining all the aspects of the game - the cleverly inlaid story, previous puzzles and events you've come across, and so much more. This is why I consider the Myst universe of games the god of adventure games, its story is a huge component without even seeming to be, and is woven into every other aspect of the game. The Myst games are the singlemost skillfully created bundle of a masterpiece I have ever seen in all of gaming.

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#25 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts
[QUOTE="starsweeper"]

mrbojangles25

I played the PC version, it gave you no clue about what you were suppose to do...
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JP_Russell
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"][QUOTE="starsweeper"]

judog1

I played the PC version, it gave you no clue about what you were suppose to do...

Yes, it did. You just didn't see it. I'm not insulting you or anything, it's very, very easy to miss one of the various types of clues in a Myst game, but they're there, they're always there. Trust me on this.

starsweeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 starsweeper
No wot I will do is give it another go and c if I can make sence of it!
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

Worms Armageddon is definitely a great game that anyone can enjoy. The Sims series is hugely popular with women.

Adventure games like Sam and Max may appeal - and it's hard to dislike Broken Sword. They both have great writing, charismatic characters and a very reasonable difficulty level.

You might also get a lot out of Black and White. It's a God game where you can be good or evil and uide your own small civilisation, but you also have a pet which you nurture and teach. It has some awesome AI and it's a lot of fun interacting with your pet. Sort of like a tamagochi, except not ridiculously stupid. It's hard not to feel proud when your pet learns a new trick, and it's jut impossible to stifle your laughter when it learns to dispose of its poop by throwing it into the sea.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is also a game I think will appeal to girls. It's not a girly game, but it's a pleasure to play. Imagine Tomb Raider + Disney, it's that sort of thing.

You should also check out Portal. It's just so funny, anyone of any of the numerous genders I know of should definitely love it.

You might also want to check out Jurassic Park Operation Genesis. It's a game where you can build your own Jurassic Park. If you enjoy dinosaurs (and who doesn't?) and think you mght enjoy theme park design & management, it's a game to check out. I just recently bought it and, having never heard anyone mention it ever, think it deserves some acknowledgement.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JP_Russell

No wot I will do is give it another go and c if I can make sence of it!starsweeper

That's good to hear, I hope you have more success this time around.

kutty12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kutty12000
Member since 2003 • 1169 Posts
I second The Longest Journey games, that and ICO were the only games I've got the girls I know interested in.
Srinivassa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Srinivassa
Member since 2003 • 671 Posts
What the hell are we talking about? Myst? Yeah, that was too hard. I played it first on the (gasp) Sega Saturn. I wonder who else here can say that. It was too hard. It looked like it was a really awesome game. I got a few pages, and I was really curious how it was going to turn out. I finally gave out though because I had about 6 or so puzzles facing me, and I couldn't solve any of them. The most obvious was the 55 volt power center. I was actually really good at math at the time, and I figured out every combination of buttons that made 55 volts. None of them did anything as far as I could tell, and I was clueless on the rest of the puzzles. As for girly games, you should totally go with WoW. If you're a girl on there, everyone gives you a bunch of free stuff and always helps you. It's really a lot more fun if you're a girl.
starsweeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 starsweeper
All these games sound really good. I have my Crimbo list sorted then!!!!!!
kutty12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kutty12000
[QUOTE="Srinivassa"]What the hell are we talking about? Myst? Yeah, that was too hard. I played it first on the (gasp) Sega Saturn. I wonder who else here can say that. It was too hard. It looked like it was a really awesome game. I got a few pages, and I was really curious how it was going to turn out. I finally gave out though because I had about 6 or so puzzles facing me, and I couldn't solve any of them. The most obvious was the 55 volt power center. I was actually really good at math at the time, and I figured out every combination of buttons that made 55 volts. None of them did anything as far as I could tell, and I was clueless on the rest of the puzzles. As for girly games, you should totally go with WoW. If you're a girl on there, everyone gives you a bunch of free stuff and always helps you. It's really a lot more fun if you're a girl.

Lol, can't everyone just fake that they're a girl to get free stuff.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

Try Doom 3... Its about you a very sensitive marine that is sent to mars to investigate a new lifeform that they found on their research facility. And play it in the dark, so you can truly appreciate the fantistic colors of the lifeforms, because when they sleep there is a HUGE pink aura around them that just looks beyond anything you have ever seen.

:oops:

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

[QUOTE="Srinivassa"]What the hell are we talking about? Myst? Yeah, that was too hard. I played it first on the (gasp) Sega Saturn. I wonder who else here can say that. It was too hard. It looked like it was a really awesome game. I got a few pages, and I was really curious how it was going to turn out. I finally gave out though because I had about 6 or so puzzles facing me, and I couldn't solve any of them. The most obvious was the 55 volt power center. I was actually really good at math at the time, and I figured out every combination of buttons that made 55 volts. None of them did anything as far as I could tell, and I was clueless on the rest of the puzzles. As for girly games, you should totally go with WoW. If you're a girl on there, everyone gives you a bunch of free stuff and always helps you. It's really a lot more fun if you're a girl.kutty12000

I tried that in EverQuest, just to see what would happen. I made a rogue called Panty Thief. You would not believe how much attention and gifts I got.

kutty12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kutty12000

[QUOTE="kutty12000"][QUOTE="Srinivassa"]What the hell are we talking about? Myst? Yeah, that was too hard. I played it first on the (gasp) Sega Saturn. I wonder who else here can say that. It was too hard. It looked like it was a really awesome game. I got a few pages, and I was really curious how it was going to turn out. I finally gave out though because I had about 6 or so puzzles facing me, and I couldn't solve any of them. The most obvious was the 55 volt power center. I was actually really good at math at the time, and I figured out every combination of buttons that made 55 volts. None of them did anything as far as I could tell, and I was clueless on the rest of the puzzles. As for girly games, you should totally go with WoW. If you're a girl on there, everyone gives you a bunch of free stuff and always helps you. It's really a lot more fun if you're a girl.mfsa

I tried that in EverQuest, just to see what would happen. I made a rogue called Panty Thief. You would not believe how much attention and gifts I got.

Now that's role playing. I bet you could act fake depressed and get sympathy and love from all those around you. Suckers.
starsweeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 starsweeper
Lol !!!!
Srinivassa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Srinivassa

[QUOTE="kutty12000"][QUOTE="Srinivassa"]What the hell are we talking about? Myst? Yeah, that was too hard. I played it first on the (gasp) Sega Saturn. I wonder who else here can say that. It was too hard. It looked like it was a really awesome game. I got a few pages, and I was really curious how it was going to turn out. I finally gave out though because I had about 6 or so puzzles facing me, and I couldn't solve any of them. The most obvious was the 55 volt power center. I was actually really good at math at the time, and I figured out every combination of buttons that made 55 volts. None of them did anything as far as I could tell, and I was clueless on the rest of the puzzles. As for girly games, you should totally go with WoW. If you're a girl on there, everyone gives you a bunch of free stuff and always helps you. It's really a lot more fun if you're a girl.mfsa

Yeah, a friend of mine did that with EQ as well. He said it's hella easy to get stuff out of people. They are so dumb. Seriously, I picked an NE female when I first started WoW. I was not even trying to pretend I was a girl, and all these guys started acting so stupid around me. I was seriously like, "No wonder girls think guys are so freaking stupid. If this is the way we act around them." Oh yeah, back OT, I've got your new favaorite game starsweeper.
starsweeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 starsweeper
Go on then!
Vis-a-Vis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vis-a-Vis
Member since 2006 • 1977 Posts

Viva Pinata...Thats out for PC now isnt it?

Sims games (Dozens of expansions)

My girlfriend enjoys GH, so maybe GH3? Frets on fire?

All Ican think of.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mrbojangles25  Online

Worms Armageddon is definitely a great game that anyone can enjoy. The Sims series is hugely popular with women.

Adventure games like Sam and Max may appeal - and it's hard to dislike Broken Sword. They both have great writing, charismatic characters and a very reasonable difficulty level.

You might also get a lot out of Black and White. It's a God game where you can be good or evil and uide your own small civilisation, but you also have a pet which you nurture and teach. It has some awesome AI and it's a lot of fun interacting with your pet. Sort of like a tamagochi, except not ridiculously stupid. It's hard not to feel proud when your pet learns a new trick, and it's jut impossible to stifle your laughter when it learns to dispose of its poop by throwing it into the sea.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is also a game I think will appeal to girls. It's not a girly game, but it's a pleasure to play. Imagine Tomb Raider + Disney, it's that sort of thing.

You should also check out Portal. It's just so funny, anyone of any of the numerous genders I know of should definitely love it.

You might also want to check out Jurassic Park Operation Genesis. It's a game where you can build your own Jurassic Park. If you enjoy dinosaurs (and who doesn't?) and think you mght enjoy theme park design & management, it's a game to check out. I just recently bought it and, having never heard anyone mention it ever, think it deserves some acknowledgement.

mfsa

I second Black and White 2. Its a great, charming game full of character. Also the fact that you can be good, evil, or neutral is good because you can "express" who you are. There are also plenty of "awww, thats adorable" moments with your pet...I am a dude and I say "awww" during that game, so I imagine a chick should get even more out of it :D

starsweeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 starsweeper
I have B and W excellent game.
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JP_Russell

What the hell are we talking about? Myst? Yeah, that was too hard. I played it first on the (gasp) Sega Saturn. I wonder who else here can say that. It was too hard. It looked like it was a really awesome game. I got a few pages, and I was really curious how it was going to turn out. I finally gave out though because I had about 6 or so puzzles facing me, and I couldn't solve any of them. The most obvious was the 55 volt power center. I was actually really good at math at the time, and I figured out every combination of buttons that made 55 volts. None of them did anything as far as I could tell, and I was clueless on the rest of the puzzles.Srinivassa

There is no such thing as a puzzle that's too hard in a puzzle-driven adventure game. Overly obscure or abstract, sure. No clues as to how to solve it, sure. But too difficult? Nuh-uh. Bring on the brain-smashing puzzles. That's what they're all about, testing your degree of knowledge, logic, and intuition.

I don't remember that puzzle too well since I haven't played the original game in a long time (and I now can't get either Myst or Myst Masterpiece to work properly, so I'm trying to get my hands on RealMyst), but I'm willing to bet that puzzle didn't require trial and error like you used. The exact solution to almost every single puzzle in every Myst game can be realized through logic and intuition alone.

The only trial and error occasion I can think of was in Myst IV on Spire, where you had to balance the top and bottom lightning rods properly to get the airship to go across to the other struture. The only clue given was that you had to balance them, none were given as to how many had to be active at the top and how many at the bottom, let alone that they had to be done in a certain order. (I realize everything I said won't make a lick of sense to anyone who hasn't played the game, don't worry about it) Other than that, every puzzle I can remember in any Myst game was possible to complete without having to randomly try things.

In any case, you could have just consulted a walkthrough if you absolutely couldn't get past it. It's nothing to be ashamed about, the need to do so is just going to come about in puzzle games at one point or another.

Avatar image for phoenixan_akrau
phoenixan_akrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#44 phoenixan_akrau
Member since 2005 • 401 Posts

Theres also Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, and probably World of Warcraft.XaosII

Though Jade is a little bit of a tomboy. :P LOL But yeah, I'd recommend either Psychonauts or BGE to anyone. I have them both, and they're great for just about anyone. Psychonauts' isn't that hard to play, and BGE has a great story, humor, and it's more aimed towards both puzzle-solving and combat. I have to say the hardest part of BGE is really the fight at the end, which in a way, is more a memory puzzle combined with combat.

I admittingly had more fun with BGE than Psychonauts though.

The Rayman series also has a gigantic girl fanbase as well, I find. Especially before Raving Rabbids, oddly enough. Then the official community just fell apart after the party games. Blech.:cry:

Srinivassa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Srinivassa
"In any case, you could have just consulted a walkthrough if you absolutely couldn't get past it. It's nothing to be ashamed about, the need to do so is just going to come about in puzzle games at one point or another." Yeah, I did consult a walkthrough to get past ONE puzzle. It was a simple one with water and a chest. In fact, it was so obvious IF you could actually tell that the water was water, which I could not. It looked like an obsidian floor or something. Anyway, after that, no more FAQs. I only allow myself one FAQ visit in a game the first time through. Otherwise, you're not really playing the game, ESPECIALLY with a game like Myst. Anyway, I don't remember what I said about Myst, but I meant it. It is a COOL game. I was really into it. I just got stuck, and that was that. After doing absolutely NOTHING for two+ hours but wandering around and poking on things, I quit. I just don't have a high tolerance for that sort of thing. My other pet peeve is doing the same thing over and over and over and over again. That particular problem has killed a lot of games for me. It's just not fun.
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JP_Russell

Yeah, I did consult a walkthrough to get past ONE puzzle. It was a simple one with water and a chest. In fact, it was so obvious IF you could actually tell that the water was water, which I could not. It looked like an obsidian floor or something.Srinivassa

Well, this is a game from 1993 we're talking about here, the same year that games as graphically simple as Duke Nukem II were coming out. :P Back then, that was some good-ass-looking water.

purple_MAN1832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 purple_MAN1832
Member since 2004 • 2125 Posts
the movies, simply a fun game
Drazule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Drazule
Member since 2007 • 8693 Posts
I know you said no Sims, but theres Sims Life stories that your on person who lives with her parents or somthing and you can get succesfull and such (my sister wants it)
Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 Arcadius
Member since 2002 • 959 Posts

Well the wife enjoys Sim City Societies as well as City Life. Guitar Hero III is also great.

hehe I just remembered Hans and Franz from SNL, from the "girly" reference :)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mrbojangles25  Online

Well the wife enjoys Sim City Societies as well as City Life. Guitar Hero III is also great.

hehe I just remembered Hans and Franz from SNL, from the "girly" reference :)

Arcadius

its time to pump eet up, girly man!