This topic is locked from further discussion.

blazer7932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blazer7932
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Im looking for a headset to watch movies and to game with my price is around 300. I was going to get the mmx300 but they went up this weekend to 399 i might wait to see if it comes down. If you all have any suggestions ide appreciate it.
spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts

The QPAD QH-1339 is also supposed to be a rebranded DT-770 32 ohm like the MMX300.

blazer7932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blazer7932
yeah i had heard they joined with someone i just couldnt remember who, i have considered getting them if the price doesnt go down. I just like the look of the originals
blazer7932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blazer7932
i have been on amazon and was looking at the dt990s and was wondering what does the different ohm levels have to with performance and if one sounds better than the other (low ohm or high ohm). That being said how are the mmx 300 compared to the dt990. i like a seep base but dont want it to be over powering while gaming online but would like to have a deep base for the campaign and movies and music if that makes sense.
spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 spittis
i have been on amazon and was looking at the dt990s and was wondering what does the different ohm levels have to with performance and if one sounds better than the other (low ohm or high ohm). That being said how are the mmx 300 compared to the dt990. i like a seep base but dont want it to be over powering while gaming online but would like to have a deep base for the campaign and movies and music if that makes sense.blazer7932
The higher the impedance (ohm) the more power it takes to drive the headphones properly, if you don't have a sound card with a good headphone amplifier or a separate one even, you want to go for a low impedance (<80 ohm to give a rough number). You might read claims that a higher impedance means better sound, since there's more loops in the coils that move the driver and whatnot, thus giving better control and response, but it's far more important to match the impedance with the rest of your gear (as in, what you plug the headphones into). Since the MMX300 basically is a DT-770 there are a few notable differences when compared to the DT-990. The 990's are open meaning they leak sound in and out, 770's are closed and isolate somewhat well. Both have a somewhat emphasized bass, but you're going to feel more impact with the 770's since they're closed. This is a preference thing though, I prefer the bass that comes from open headphones since I think it sounds more natural. The 990's also have quite emphasized treble so they're pretty bright in their sound. This makes everything sound quite sparkly and clear, but can be fatiguing for some. I have had the 990's myself and while the sound overall is very nice I found them a bit too sibilant with some music, I'm sensitive to it though. If you haven't got treble sensitive ears the 990's are great for both gaming and music, and the bass is indeed deep without being overpowering.
blazer7932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blazer7932
Okay thanks for the info! I will have an astro mix amp because I wil be using this on my 360. I will try to save for the mmx 300s because of the Mic and it will be easier instead of buying a seperate mic. Will these be a good set for listening to action movies and music as well?
spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 spittis
Will these be a good set for listening to action movies and music as well?blazer7932
Most likely, the DT-770's are quite appreciated for music.