HDMI PC to TV connection issue

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bfa1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 bfa1509
Member since 2011 • 1058 Posts

Hi,

I got a long HDMI cable to connect my pc (Windows 7) to my tv (Samsung) for playing games. I connected the tv to my GTX 970 gpu and started the computer. The tv showed up in the Nvidia control panel but the tv will not recognise the HDMI.

After a while of playing around in the control panel, projector settings and tv settings, I managed to get it working by turning on the projector (Win+p), I then turned on my ps3 then switched the HDMI cables while the tv was on and it worked! The desktop showed up on the tv but it had an overlay that said "no signal" even though there was.

I tried switching the projector on and off again but it won't work unless I switch the cables, which I do not want to get into.

I combed the internet looking for a solution but its mainly the other way around (pc not recognising tv).

One guy had a similar issue and figured out that the problem was caused by the HDMI being an older version that does not have a pin that can recognise the voltage of the tv in order to connect. This could be my issue too.

Has anyone had this issue and if so, how does one fix?

Thanks

bfa1509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 bfa1509
Member since 2011 • 1058 Posts

Ok, I did some research on HDMI cables. I think the issue here is that the cable lacks a Display Data Channel (DDC) pin that allows the graphics card and display to communicate and allow for 'plug and play'.

I bought the cable in a generic package from a reputable store for quite a high price. They are going to feel my wrath tomorrow.

Solutions or alternative theories still welcome.

woomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#3  Edited By woomar
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts

Well that is an unusual issue , try these :

1-If I am not mistaken Samsung TV's have a little label besides/below the HDMI connection that say "PC" or "Blu-ray" or etc .. try switching between them.

2-Could be , but unlikely that it is a driver fault.

One question though , is the TV too old (even though it should not matter but just wondering) ?

EDIT : Also did you try a different cable ?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

It never hurts to update your motherboards bios, device drivers, then windows. If you still have this problem even after fiddling in your TV settings and those steps then ya it's the cord.