Having Problem Loading Backup Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silverrhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 silverrhino
Member since 2004 • 794 Posts
I backed up my Call of Duty discs on CD-Rs.  I installed the game using the backed up discs.  Now, I want to play the game using the back up discs, but whenever I put in the first disc to play and press single player option, a message comes up telling me to put in the correct CD-ROM.  I don't understand why this isn't working.  Please help me out.  
Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts
Sounds like a DRM issue. If so, you'll either need to download a hack (wouldn't recomend it, though), or just stick with the original discs. You can thank all the cheap ba****ds out there for that who pirate games.
silverrhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 silverrhino
Member since 2004 • 794 Posts
What is DRM, and how do I fix it?
hypnotoad8128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 hypnotoad8128
Member since 2007 • 474 Posts
What is DRM, and how do I fix it?silverrhino
Because you copied the game, it hasn't copied all the copy protection info onto the new disc. ie: it's not a 1:1 copy. The copied disc is read and is seen not to be original because sectors are missing. You can't fix it without using illegal means and I refuse to discuss that. Use the originals to play. Days of "backup" copies for safe keeping are gone and not really required anyway. CD's are more durable than floppies were. 99% of games use copy protection for this reason, to stop people from actually playing a game illegally. They should open there wallets!