Has anybody tried Pathfinder Online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Pathfinder Online

Has anybody played the alpha tests of this game. What do you think about it? To be clear, this isn't a thread for you to complain about the early access model. This is a question directed at people who have actually played the game.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I think they should work some more before I would willing to try it. (animation part mostly)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

I think they should work some more before I would willing to try it. (animation part mostly)

This. Game visually looks really bad. Could be good gameplay wise, but I have some kind of standards for at least animations and graphics...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Have either of you actually played it, or is this just an observation you're making from the videos posted about it?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GeryGo  Moderator

@airshocker said:

Have either of you actually played it, or is this just an observation you're making from the videos posted about it?

Impression from the video, unless you tell me they've improved the animations.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@PredatorRules said:

@airshocker said:

I can watch a video and come to a conclusion myself. I'm looking for people who have actually played the game.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GeryGo  Moderator

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

@airshocker said:

I can watch a video and come to a conclusion myself. I'm looking for people who have actually played the game.

Not sure who's that bored to try a game at that state.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@PredatorRules said:

Many people have been playing it. I'm just hoping one of the GS PC section regulars have so they can give me the low-down on it.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@airshocker said:

@PredatorRules said:

Many people have been playing it. I'm just hoping one of the GS PC section regulars have so they can give me the low-down on it.

you'd have better luck checking the message boards of RPG codex or MMORPG.com for feedback. small chance you'll find someone here that is currently in the alpha.

going abit off topic but have you been also looking into The repopulation?

Goldbraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By Goldbraid
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hi guys! Posting a reply...to a really old thread. Been keeping up with the news on Pathfinder Online (PFO) for about 3 years now. It has left the Alpha stage and is not in what would normally be considered "beta", but is called "Early Enrollment" (EE). There are several hundred to over a thousand or so accounts active in game now, using the time bought in the Kickstarter, or purchased separately during the month of January. It is a subscription game at $15/month, or a year for $150. The downside is the game is still in development (two years into a five year development period) so there are some rough edges, and lots of the planned game mechanics are not yet in. Still, the game play is fun so far, even though there are only a few real game operations to do. The upside is the game is still in development (yeah, same thing!) and the player base is heavily involved in testing systems and provides input and feedback. Goblinworks (GW), the game developer led by Ryan Dancey, in coordination with Paizo Publishing (Paizo) led by Lisa Stevens, are consulting with the player base in what is called "crowdforging" of the game ideas. It is pretty cool having such direct contact with the developers and getting some good back and forth of ideas, especially when you see the ideas put into the game later.

Moderator Edit - Advertising Content Removed

Fanndis Goldbraid

Ambassador

Forgeholm

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@goldbraid: Locked for bumping necro threads and for violating Code of Conduct regarding advertising.

-Byshop