Half-life episode 1,2 NPC in Garry's mod?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6280 Posts

I have Half life 2 and Gmod. There is very little NPCavailablein sandbox mode to spawn without downloading any. I know you can download NPC's and I do. I downloaded alot. The thing is I want a Hunter which is from Episode 2. I searched everywhere online but so far the hunter NPC I downloaded really sucks.

For People who do not know about Downloading NPC/models etc for GMOD. I'm not talking about stealing models from Valve. I'm talking about downloading custom models made by the gaming community.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/

So if I buy Orange Box would I get more models, and NPC's like the hunter, Zombine etc in Garry's mod from Episode 1 and 2?

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chansaet
Anyone?
Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

you need to buy the games to use the models

distributing and downloading the models from those games would be illegal

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chansaet

broken_bass_bin
I don't think you played GMod before. I'm downloading custom models made by the gaming community.
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 broken_bass_bin

[QUOTE="broken_bass_bin"]

chansaet

I don't think you played GMod before. I'm downloading custom models made by the gaming community.

Well you think wrong. I have Garry's Mod

I thought you were trying to obtain the actual models from the game.

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts
Broken_bass_bin is correct, you must purchase the game to use the models + NPC, and downloading the official NPCs of HL2 without Valves permission can be considered stealing.
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chansaet
Broken_bass_bin is correct, you must purchase the game to use the models + NPC, and downloading the official NPCs of HL2 without Valves permission can be considered stealing.fudgeblood
Who's talking about DL official ones. I said I DL custom ones made by the gaming communities (which is why they suck). And so far no one has answered the question of will I get NPC's from Episode 1 and 2 if I buy Orange Box. I just want to know if I would be able to spawn Hunters etc from Episode 2 in Gmod if I buy Orange Box.
fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fudgeblood
Sorry if my post was confusing, but in my first sentence I ment to say, yes you will get the NPCs if you buy the games, as well as models and everything else.
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 broken_bass_bin

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]Broken_bass_bin is correct, you must purchase the game to use the models + NPC, and downloading the official NPCs of HL2 without Valves permission can be considered stealing.chansaet
Who's talking about DL official ones. I said I DL custom ones made by the gaming communities (which is why they suck). And so far no one has answered the question of will I get NPC's from Episode 1 and 2 if I buy Orange Box. I just want to know if I would be able to spawn Hunters etc from Episode 2 in Gmod if I buy Orange Box.

Yes you will.

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chansaet
Sorry if my post was confusing, but in my first sentence I ment to say, yes you will get the NPCs if you buy the games, as well as models and everything else.fudgeblood
So you would be able to Spawn those new NPC's in Gmod like how I would normally spawn other NPC's from HL2. The new NPC's would just appear under the NPC window right? I don't have to do anything except install Episode 1 and 2. The AI is good right for these NPC? The custom ones I DL usually have very poor AI Also could I play episode 1 and 2 using Gmod.
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 broken_bass_bin

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]Sorry if my post was confusing, but in my first sentence I ment to say, yes you will get the NPCs if you buy the games, as well as models and everything else.chansaet
So you would be able to Spawn those new NPC's in Gmod like how I would normally spawn other NPC's from HL2. The new NPC's would just appear under the NPC window right? I don't have to do anything except install Episode 1 and 2. The AI is good right for these NPC? The custom ones I DL usually have very poor AI Also could I play episode 1 and 2 using Gmod.

Yes to everything

chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chansaet

[QUOTE="chansaet"][QUOTE="fudgeblood"]Sorry if my post was confusing, but in my first sentence I ment to say, yes you will get the NPCs if you buy the games, as well as models and everything else.broken_bass_bin

Yes to everything

another quick question. Would I get the Portal Gun?
fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fudgeblood
No, portal gun requires crappy mods.