Gw2 looks amazing- video

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDqucuneHkI PVE actually looks fun. Graphics/gameplay looks awesome.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="darkfox101"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDqucuneHkI PVE actually looks fun. Graphics/gameplay looks awesome.

Looks very pretty....hopefully it won't be a system hog (the first one looked awesome and was very well optimized). I've noticed with these Charr Race that some of them run on all four legs and others on two......, what's the go?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
Also...did I just see Quick Travel? Hmmm...I don't like that at all....
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
and it just lets you leave the event? nahhhhhh
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Also...did I just see Quick Travel? Hmmm...I don't like that at all....

Yup quick travel. Even though the text is extremely small in the video, you can see that it says "teleport."
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StopThePresses
Member since 2010 • 2767 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Also...did I just see Quick Travel? Hmmm...I don't like that at all....

Yeah, but you don't really seem to like much of anything anyway. You're like the jaded film critic who thumbs down everything or something.
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StopThePresses
and it just lets you leave the event? nahhhhhhFelipeInside
Um, in what MMO can you not leave wherever you are?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="StopThePresses"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Also...did I just see Quick Travel? Hmmm...I don't like that at all....

Yeah, but you don't really seem to like much of anything anyway. You're like the jaded film critic who thumbs down everything or something.

What are you on about? I was playing Guild Wars 1 before you were born.....hahahahaha. Nah, you are wrong... I am really looking forward to GW2, I hope it delivers on everything shown so far....and I loved how they made it a FULL MMO now. Quick Travel to me should only be used to cross continents, like in WoW, not to travel a few kilometers down the road. As for leaving the event, yes, every MMO lets you...I just thought it would be cool if you had to stay fighting until you won or died....
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StopThePresses
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="StopThePresses"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Also...did I just see Quick Travel? Hmmm...I don't like that at all....

What are you on about? I was playing Guild Wars 1 before you were born.....hahahahaha. Nah, you are wrong... I am really looking forward to GW2, I hope it delivers on everything shown so far....and I loved how they made it a FULL MMO now. Quick Travel to me should only be used to cross continents, like in WoW, not to travel a few kilometers down the road. As for leaving the event, yes, every MMO lets you...I just thought it would be cool if you had to stay fighting until you won or died....

Then people would just deliberately die to leave, so what would be the point?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="StopThePresses"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="StopThePresses"] Yeah, but you don't really seem to like much of anything anyway. You're like the jaded film critic who thumbs down everything or something.

Then people would just deliberately die to leave, so what would be the point?

Then give a penalty for leaving early.... or something. It was just an idea...
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#11 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="darkfox101"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDqucuneHkI PVE actually looks fun. Graphics/gameplay looks awesome.

Looks very pretty....hopefully it won't be a system hog (the first one looked awesome and was very well optimized). I've noticed with these Charr Race that some of them run on all four legs and others on two......, what's the go?

Probably a weapon thing, 2h weapons = on legs, one hand = all fours :) As for leaving, most probably wouldnt leave an event if the action was nigh high.. though you shouldnt be able to leave until enemies are out of earshot. Meh I dont mind fast travel to short gaps, it saves me time... I mean you dont always have to use fast travel. But yes the game looks fantastic, spilling out all their ideas out at game-shows.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
[QUOTE="darkfox101"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDqucuneHkI PVE actually looks fun. Graphics/gameplay looks awesome.

Can't wait for it :)
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts
lookin very kewl. im really looking forward to it.
Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts
correct me if i am wrong. that is the best looking interface of any mmo to date. mods don't count.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Kh1ndjal"]correct me if i am wrong. that is the best looking interface of any mmo to date. mods don't count.

I agree the interface looks pretty well done....although WoW's isn't that bad, I never had an issue with it.
bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bleacher6
Member since 2010 • 332 Posts

correct me if i am wrong. that is the best looking interface of any mmo to date. mods don't count.Kh1ndjal
yeah it looks extremely convenient.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Wow, that boss looks epic.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
GW2 can't come out soon enough. But I'd rather probably prefer to wait than have ArenaNet release an unfinished game.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#19 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Looks pretty good!
I didnt like Guild Wars1 much, but this looks really fun!

Anyone know when the release date for this is? And will it still be free to paly liek Guild Wars1 was? Like no monthly fees?

This looks like a game my cousin would just love :)

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="darkfox101"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDqucuneHkI PVE actually looks fun. Graphics/gameplay looks awesome.FelipeInside

gw2 system requirements looks ez peasy for most of us.. atm their "target" is like an ati x1650/gf 7800gt area with, basically any dual core, and 2gb ram as a recommended.

truassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 truassasin
Member since 2004 • 2013 Posts

looks awesome can't wait to play this

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ionusX

Are there actually people in the world when you play, this time around? Or is it the same as GW1?dreDREb13

fully persistent world (omitting dungeons, raids and major cities)

no open world pvp though :P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="dreDREb13"]Are there actually people in the world when you play, this time around? Or is it the same as GW1?ionusX

Aren't mayor cities considered persistent world too?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="dreDREb13"]Are there actually people in the world when you play, this time around? Or is it the same as GW1?dreDREb13

Odd. A ton of people would freak over this and call the game crap. Hell, that's what they're doing for TOR, and they haven't even talked about PvP yet. :?

Does ToR have open world PvP??? I never heard of that.... Does that mean some servers will be PvP and others not?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="dreDREb13"]Odd. A ton of people would freak over this and call the game crap. Hell, that's what they're doing for TOR, and they haven't even talked about PvP yet. :?dreDREb13

Does ToR have open world PvP??? I never heard of that.... Does that mean some servers will be PvP and others not?

It hasn't been revealed yet. I'm just saying that a ton of people are looking forward to GW2, and a lot are hating on TOR. Among this hate is its PvP, even though it hasn't even been talked about yet. :?

Oh.... I think ToR will basically concentrate on PvE.... since it's a BioWare game. They will probably have PvP Arenas or Areas... Same for GW2....areas for PvP... which I don't mind personally. If I want to fight someone else, I go to that area, but just walking around doing quests and someone comes along and kills you...
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ionusX

[QUOTE="dreDREb13"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Does ToR have open world PvP??? I never heard of that.... Does that mean some servers will be PvP and others not?FelipeInside

It hasn't been revealed yet. I'm just saying that a ton of people are looking forward to GW2, and a lot are hating on TOR. Among this hate is its PvP, even though it hasn't even been talked about yet. :?

Oh.... I think ToR will basically concentrate on PvE.... since it's a BioWare game. They will probably have PvP Arenas or Areas... Same for GW2....areas for PvP... which I don't mind personally. If I want to fight someone else, I go to that area, but just walking around doing quests and someone comes along and kills you...

exactly.. its just not fun.. its impractical.

there wont be pvp only servers as you cant be flagged at all :P

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I'm convinced this game is the next step in the MMO. The idea of the persistent changes to the world the players can make combined with the ideas of getting rid of grinding (only time can tell if they are successful) make it seem to be the next real step.

Of course we'll have to see how it all pans out. The game looks beautiful, it is free, and it's a legit MMO. Those are the three things you usually don't get. Usually you get 3 choices and can only have 2

• Good
  • Free
  • Fun

Pick two.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#32 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
I am getting this game just because I could be a Charr character.
StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StopThePresses

I'm convinced this game is the next step in the MMO. The idea of the persistent changes to the world the players can make combined with the ideas of getting rid of grinding (only time can tell if they are successful) make it seem to be the next real step.

Of course we'll have to see how it all pans out. The game looks beautiful, it is free, and it's a legit MMO. Those are the three things you usually don't get. Usually you get 3 choices and can only have 2

• Good
  • Free
  • Fun

Pick two.

Wasdie

Well, it's not "free", of course.

I mean, that thing is usually meant to apply to so-called "free-to-play" games where you literally don't have to pay any money to play them. It doesn't really refer to sub fees specifically.

Also, be prepared to shell out $10 or so for additional character slots beyond the first few. That's what they did with the first game. I'll take that over sub fees though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

• Good
  • Free
  • Fun

Pick two.

StopThePresses

Well, it's not "free", of course.

I mean, that thing is usually meant to apply to so-called "free-to-play" games where you literally don't have to pay any money to play them. It doesn't really refer to sub fees specifically.

Also, be prepared to shell out $10 or so for additional character slots beyond the first few. That's what they did with the first game. I'll take that over sub fees though.

Exactly, I only have time for one character anyway...
morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

GW2 is looking better and better. I might actually buy it this time.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

• Good
  • Free
  • Fun

Pick two.

Wasdie
the reason i am so hyped about guildwars2 is that guildwars1 was pretty much all three, and i too was a skeptic at first. i only bought the game because my friends claimed it was so good, and i wasn't prepared to pay monthly for WoW at the time. ofcourse later on i did play and a ton of other mmos and i still think i had more fun per unit time in guildwars than in any of the others. ofcourse, there is no guarantee that guildwars2 will be all that it is claiming to be, but at this point, even two thirds of it would be better than any mmo available at its launch.
I am getting this game just because I could be a Charr character.Jd1680a
the first thing i thought when i saw a charr was "how awesome would it be to play as one of THEM".
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Looks pretty good!
I didnt like Guild Wars1 much, but this looks really fun!

Anyone know when the release date for this is? And will it still be free to paly liek Guild Wars1 was? Like no monthly fees?

This looks like a game my cousin would just love :)

kozzy1234

Just like Guild wars 1 this one will be free to play as in no monthly fees, you will still have to buy the game though. We have no release date yet, but it is rumored to be sometime next year.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
I don't usually enjoy MMOs or the fees they include, but Guild Wars 2 is looking rather impressive. I did like Guild Wars, so I think I may give Guild Wars 2 a go when it comes out and see how it is.
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

Another little thing they did not explain in that video is that anyone that was at that event against the dragon can roll on any of the loot. Theres a inifnite ammount of the items that drop for people that roll a high enough number. So not only the highest roll gets loot in GW2 but everyone who rolls a high number.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

It looks solid as a rock on the surface but I still feel I know very little about the game and have no idea whether being able to switch roles on the fly, freely entering world groups and having a lot of leniency while raiding will even work. I guess I haven't looked into it enough.