Guild Wars 2 vs Rift

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -

I love GW2, and a friend of mine says I should also try Rift.

Just a quick rundown on the pros and cons of each one compared for those who have both.

#2 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

I don't know what they changed since the game went under, been getting more on more popular since and at that time the servers were also pretty much dead, but back then the game was just terrible a WoW that focused on lots and lots of grinding, with mediocre everything.

Oh yeah, it was a versius, GW 2 absolutely demolishes anything that could be enhanced in Rift and it's not even that "polished" yet, they have a lot of work to do, but there are only 3 MMOs worth playing/wasting time on nowadays and GW 2 is one of them.

#3 Posted by ionusX (25715 posts) -

I don't know what they changed since the game went under, been getting more on more popular since and at that time the servers were also pretty much dead, but back then the game was just terrible a WoW that focused on lots and lots of grinding, with mediocre everything.

Oh yeah, it was a versius, GW 2 absolutely demolishes anything that could be enhanced in Rift and it's not even that "polished" yet, they have a lot of work to do, but there are only 3 MMOs worth playing/wasting time on nowadays and GW 2 is one of them.

DanielDust

im going to guess the other two are WoW and.. LOTRO??

TSW was such a joke and so TERA while playable doesnt really excel at much.

RIFT will probably not last as it is. its doomed to be AION 2.0 except i might actually play AION

#4 Posted by vfibsux (4205 posts) -

Just a quick rundown on the pros and cons of each one compared for those who have both.

FelipeInside

Have 3 max toons in Rift, 2 in GW2 so played plenty of both. If you enjoy dungeon raid pve, gear tier based grind stuff.....Rift is your game. It does it very well, is well polished. Good thing too because you will have to do one dungeon like 1000000000000000 times to get what you need.

I enjoyed the class soul structure and all, fresh take on many things regardless of what the WoW crowd (aka haters) say. Stay away from pvp, it's terrible and so unbalanced, esp matched against vets. I quit about 3 months ago and never looked back, the end game raid for life thing isn't me. I enjoy GW2 much more, for now anyway.

#5 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

ionusX

RIFT will probably not last as it is. its doomed to be AION 2.0 except i might actually play AION

I thought Rift was doing pretty well???? My friend says the server is full most of the time ??? As for TSW, it's not a joke, it's just a very different MMO from the rest of the bunch. I'm sure it will maintain itself with a very niche group of players.
#6 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -
I played the free month in Rift and didnt go back, just didnt seem terribly compelling. Still enjoying Guild Wars 2 however.
#7 Posted by Tailwar (60 posts) -

While I enjoyed Rift it didn't do nearly as much for me as Guild Wars is doing. GW2 is just so well polished and fun. Besides the fact there's no subscription...

#8 Posted by ionusX (25715 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

FelipeInside

I thought Rift was doing pretty well???? My friend says the server is full most of the time ??? As for TSW, it's not a joke, it's just a very different MMO from the rest of the bunch. I'm sure it will maintain itself with a very niche group of players.

TSW isnt a faliure but its marketting makes it a joke. i played all the beta tests for it and actually wanted it to do well. but its combat was a real drag for me during the final open beta. it was marketted against other mainstay MMO's and that it couldnt do. not a hope in hades. vs niche market mmo's it probably will do well. i imagine it probably has a playerbase as big as champions online maintaining it atm possibly less.

#9 Posted by BSC14 (3771 posts) -

I play Rift....not PLAYED as in did at one time but I play it now. As well as WoW and SWTOR and I did play GW2 as well for a short time.

Rift is a very good game and it's also a WoW clone in a lot of ways. It's got nice graphics, very good art direction, some cool class customizations and some fun game play. What I really like about it is the character models...some times I zoom in at my toons face and it just looks amazing imo.

It's also got a crud ton of content so if you do like it there is a lot to keep you going.

Also it has a new expansion pack coming next month and they are doing some awesome stuff. Check the link I post below and see yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6y8vINdN-w

As far as GW2 vs Rift....they are sooo different. Most will probably like GW2 better but I will take Rift over GW2 without a second thought.

I find Rift a lot more fun/engaging but that's just me.

EDIT: By the way it's got a good number of players as well so don't worry about that. The game is doing very well though I'm not sure how long it will be pay to play.

#10 Posted by illmatic87 (15219 posts) -

I enjoyed the class soul structure and allvfibsux
This is the best thing in Rift.

It's nifty in how flexible it is. You're essentially building up multiple roles for your character, that can change when the moment presents itself (abelit outside of combat).

Other than that, the scope of Rifts world events can be compelling, as things happen throughout the world in one hit as opposed to one zone. However, its Rift invasions lack variety as they are mostly the same save for the element of the invasion. If you're an achievement whore, Rifts achievement system is better than GW2.

I couldnt get invested into the world of Rift, at all. The exploration elements felt lackluster, some of the environments are terribly uninviting. The mob density makes Malchors Leap in GW2 seem tolerable in comparison. The combat is functional, but it's guilty of feeling generic: there are some situational skills there and not as much downtime as you are actively using skills, but the feel of the combat just doesnt have any kinetic element to it, nor does it have that sense of immediacy of GW2s animation>outcome mechanics to give it much feedback or weight.

Rift comes together well for the most part. But there isnt much that makes it stick out.

#11 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="ionusX"] im going to guess the other two are WoW and.. LOTRO??

ionusX

TSW isnt a faliure but its marketting makes it a joke. i played all the beta tests for it and actually wanted it to do well. but its combat was a real drag for me during the final open beta. it was marketted against other mainstay MMO's and that it couldnt do. not a hope in hades. vs niche market mmo's it probably will do well. i imagine it probably has a playerbase as big as champions online maintaining it atm possibly less.

I agree, it's not a complete MMO to tackle on WoW or the likes. It's more of a story driven, immersive group game. The combat has gotten better with each release, and I'm sure 6 months down the track it will be great. WoW's combat has had 8 years to evolve. I remember it was a bit clunky at launch as well.
#12 Posted by sSubZerOo (43175 posts) -

Yeah wish there were more mmos out there that didn't go along the lines of WoW.. I think I am just about done with WoW.. And the only one that piqued my interest in the past was SWTOR which was ok for a while, but eventually got tiring. Eve was the only one that piqued my interests, but I am unsure whether I should give that a shot or not.

#13 Posted by BSC14 (3771 posts) -

ionusX

Whata re you talking about? Rift is doing very well....not like WoW or anything but it's got a good number of players. More than most MMOs and it's been one of the only MMOs that could hold a pay to play. Now I don't know how much longer it will keep the pay to play but at the moment it's doing just fine at almost 2 years old.

#14 Posted by mirgamer (1865 posts) -

FelipeInside
Both are very very well done. Its not really fair to compare the both of them since they have different philosophies and gameplay direction. It really matters more on your own personal tastes. One thing I really like about Rift is the Soul System. For a sub-based game, its quite remarkable that Rift is still going very strong.
#15 Posted by BSC14 (3771 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

mirgamer

Both are very very well done. Its not really fair to compare the both of them since they have different philosophies and gameplay direction. It really matters more on your own personal tastes. One thing I really like about Rift is the Soul System. For a sub-based game, its quite remarkable that Rift is still going very strong.

Part of that is due to them putting out new content all the time.

I have seen a ton of returning player getting ready for the expansion pack.

#16 Posted by JohnF111 (14092 posts) -
It's like comparing CoD to Super Mario, they might as well be THAT different because in terms of MMO they are. I have to agree with BSC, Rift is successful and has managed to hold a p2p model for 2 years with no signs of relaxing it. GW2 is far more my style though I love just about everything about it from the art style to the character development. I want more books to come out from the GW2 universe but I think only 3 will be made. Such a shame as well, so many great things could be put onto pages and would suck me in like a sponge.
#17 Posted by KABCOOL (1144 posts) -

I didn't like Rift so much. Played it for like an hour and decided it wasnt for me. GW2 on the other hand is awesome and I am having a blast! Hit 80 last week and still so much to do!

#18 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

ionusX

Yes, you guessed it, WoW and EVE.
#19 Posted by vfibsux (4205 posts) -
[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

FelipeInside

His server is full because the rest are dead?
#20 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -
One thing that I don't like from GW2 is the lack of gear. Now this could be just me, since I'm only level 20 something.... but I haven't really got THAT much gear, compared to other MMOs. For example I've been using the same weapon and gear for the past 10 levels....the other gear I pick up is always worse. Is it just me?
#21 Posted by wis3boi (31301 posts) -

One thing that I don't like from GW2 is the lack of gear. Now this could be just me, since I'm only level 20 something.... but I haven't really got THAT much gear, compared to other MMOs. For example I've been using the same weapon and gear for the past 10 levels....the other gear I pick up is always worse. Is it just me?FelipeInside

you have 60 more levels worth of gear, not to mention pvp gear, crafted gear, karma and faction gear, cultural gear, and legendaries. I've never seen an MMO release with this many sets

#22 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]One thing that I don't like from GW2 is the lack of gear. Now this could be just me, since I'm only level 20 something.... but I haven't really got THAT much gear, compared to other MMOs. For example I've been using the same weapon and gear for the past 10 levels....the other gear I pick up is always worse. Is it just me?

head to the PvP lobby, look for the PvP locker. any gear you could possibly get for PvP (minus hall of monuments stuff, but that requires being a GW1 veteran anyway) is there. there's a lot of options. you have to remember that GW2's long term goals are purely aesthetic. it might not be painful to get your hands on top stats items, but to get the top stat items with the look that you want (or just the look, then you transmute the stats into it) is a whole other issue.
#23 Posted by II-Siamak-II (464 posts) -

How in the world are you guys reaching 80 in 2 weeks? I've been actively playing GW2 for 2-3 weeks and I just dinged 33 today, and I do all the heart quests, explorations, skill challenges, basically I go for 100% zone when I enter a new area and do the personal story. please share your secret with me as I have no clue what im doing wrong...

#24 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -

How in the world are you guys reaching 80 in 2 weeks? I've been actively playing GW2 for 2-3 weeks and I just dinged 33 today, and I do all the heart quests, explorations, skill challenges, basically I go for 100% zone when I enter a new area and do the personal story. please share your secret with me as I have no clue what im doing wrong...

II-Siamak-II
Probably PvP or high zone areas, but here's a tip: WHO CARES? I am only level 20 something and I don't care about getting to 80. I'm enjoying the game as I go, completing the areas etc etc. Just enjoy it.
#25 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]One thing that I don't like from GW2 is the lack of gear. Now this could be just me, since I'm only level 20 something.... but I haven't really got THAT much gear, compared to other MMOs. For example I've been using the same weapon and gear for the past 10 levels....the other gear I pick up is always worse. Is it just me?

head to the PvP lobby, look for the PvP locker. any gear you could possibly get for PvP (minus hall of monuments stuff, but that requires being a GW1 veteran anyway) is there. there's a lot of options. you have to remember that GW2's long term goals are purely aesthetic. it might not be painful to get your hands on top stats items, but to get the top stat items with the look that you want (or just the look, then you transmute the stats into it) is a whole other issue.

That's good to know. I don't really do PvP though.
#26 Posted by wis3boi (31301 posts) -

II-Siamak-II

repeat events, 100% your zones, do all your dailies, go to other zones with similar levels than the current one you're in, do WvW, craft items, collect every gather node you see (ores, plants, wood), be in a guild that uses XP/Karma buffs, etc.

#27 Posted by BSC14 (3771 posts) -

repeat events, 100% your zones, do all your dailies, go to other zones with similar levels than the current one you're in, do WvW, craft items, collect every gather node you see (ores, plants, wood), be in a guild that uses XP/Karma buffs, etc.

wis3boi

Repeat events...oh man. I'm just not going to go there I guess. The fans will go all but hurt crazy on me.

By the way there is no reason to rush to lvl 80 because there is very little to do at max...pvp is about it unless you want to you know "Repeat events".

Remember the dynamic events and questing are the fun part of the game.

#28 Posted by illmatic87 (15219 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

BSC14

Repeat events...oh man. I'm just not going to go there I guess. The fans will go all but hurt crazy on me.

By the way there is no reason to rush to lvl 80 because there is very little to do at max...pvp is about it unless you want to you know "Repeat events".

If your argument is that the DE and questing is the fun part of the game, why does it matter if whether or not you want to repeat it?

I've done Claw Of Jormag 5-6 times, and i'll gladly do it again -- as, you know, it's a fun event. As with many others with specific chains and DE states that I may have missed.

#29 Posted by illmatic87 (15219 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]One thing that I don't like from GW2 is the lack of gear. Now this could be just me, since I'm only level 20 something.... but I haven't really got THAT much gear, compared to other MMOs. For example I've been using the same weapon and gear for the past 10 levels....the other gear I pick up is always worse. Is it just me?

There's alot of gear, most of it is reserved for 80. As for the rest? they are spread across Karma Vendors from continents to give them their own flavour (eg. the stuff in Ascalon will be different than ones in Maguma), as with skins saved for the different crafting professions -- all of which you can always purchase provided that you find the name of the set (embroidered, acolyte, feathered, winged etc.).
#30 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -
[QUOTE="illmatic87"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]One thing that I don't like from GW2 is the lack of gear. Now this could be just me, since I'm only level 20 something.... but I haven't really got THAT much gear, compared to other MMOs. For example I've been using the same weapon and gear for the past 10 levels....the other gear I pick up is always worse. Is it just me?

There's alot of gear, most of it is reserved for 80. As for the rest? they are spread across Karma Vendors from continents to give them their own flavour (eg. the stuff in Ascalon will be different than ones in Maguma), as with skins saved for the different crafting professions -- all of which you can always purchase provided that you find the name of the set (embroidered, acolyte, feathered, winged etc.).

Cool. I was more referring to find gear, or gear that drops. I remember playing WoW and the amount of gear I went through, just in the first 30 levels, was outstanding. I was nearly changing gear every 5 levels or so.
#31 Posted by BSC14 (3771 posts) -

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

illmatic87

If your argument is that the DE and questing is the fun part of the game, why does it matter if whether or not you want to repeat it?

I've done Claw Of Jormag 5-6 times, and i'll gladly do it again -- as, you know, it's a fun event. As with many others with specific chains and DE states that I may have missed.

No argument just don't find the DE fun so thinking of repeating them over and over does not sound fun to me. Still if you're doing nothing new then why rush to 80?

#32 Posted by illmatic87 (15219 posts) -
Well, that's a Blizzard game for you. Most of your gear upgrades here (or 'quest rewards') should come from Karma Vendors you come across, as it allows you to make a decision on whether or not you want new and better gear now, or bank to purchase gear later. Drops from trash mobs tend to offer salvage fodder or materials to make gear you potentially want.
#33 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]Well, that's a Blizzard game for you. Most of your gear upgrades here (or 'quest rewards') should come from Karma Vendors you come across, as it allows you to make a decision on whether or not you want new and better gear now, or bank to purchase gear later. Drops from trash mobs tend to offer salvage fodder or materials to make gear you potentially want.

Ah right. I just hate crafting. Well, not hate it, just don't have the time for it.
#34 Posted by illmatic87 (15219 posts) -

[QUOTE="illmatic87"]

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

BSC14

No argument just don't find the DE fun so thinking of repeating them over and over does not sound fun to me. Still if you're doing nothing new then why rush to 80?

The funny thing is: you took two words out of wis3bois post and blew it out of proportion. NO ONE said they wanted to rush to 80, NO ONE - one person even told that particular person--who only asked out of curiosity, mind you--to not worry about it. So why comment on how there is nothing to do at 80? or assume that rushing to 80 is the way we all play? It sounded like you just used to words to segway into your usual assumptions as an excuse to bash the game.

I hit level 80 in a little over month. I still had 66% of the map to complete, 15 dugeon paths available to me and with scaled karma and loot being offered to me thanks to the joys of clever downscaling. I have two sets of gear and im planning on three to make my Mesmer more flexible in builds. I want to log in while at work as there was just a new Halloween content update available to everyone. And yes, my tolerance for repeating stuff is piss poor,; you can ask Elann2008 in how I refused to do Caudecus Manor on repeat some time ago despite how rewarding it was before the DR for Story Mode kicked in. But repeating certain DEs are an exception, it could be in a fail state that I didnt experience before, or that I missed half the chain before I participated, or it could just be flat out fun to do like the Claw of Jormag example that I gave earlier..

You better not play the victim like you do in every MMO thread, as if im bashing you. My earlier post about Rift shows how reasonable I can be to help Felipeinside out. Okay, so I didnt continue my sub for Rift, I enjoyed some parts of it and commented what I played--that's it. No endgame bashing, bashing grind, game is dying etc. as I didnt want to spread any misinformation about the game as my character didnt have the qualifications/progress for me to commnt on. As for GW2? I dont even approve of IonusX' constant GW2 circlejerking-from-xfire-to-use-as-lolfacts either., as I think he represents an awful part of a GW2s vocal minority that's doing more harm to the game than good. But likewise, you certainly love to make a consistent effort on convincing yourself, as well as others enjoying GW2 (good luck) on something that's clearly not for you. Ask youself here: Why try? and why do you care?

Hypothetical, dont tell me. If you're wise and think to yourself, we should be done here. Cool? Bueller?

-

Felipeinside, I didnt mean to bomb your thread. I just want this crap to end. Im sure you and everybody else that frequents here does too.

#35 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -

All good on my side. As for GW2, people need to let go of the way they are used to play MMOs.

For example everyone concentrates on end-game, and being max level. Games like GW2, The Secret World, LOTRO make the journey to end-game fun. Someone that rushes has missed out on how the game was meant to be played.

That's why I said don't worry about it to the other poster. Enjoy the game as you go. That's what I'm doing. One day I'll get to 80, but what's the rush?

#36 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -
...and a bit Off-Topic, but I just noticed that The Secret World is now on Steam (good price too). I've got the Retail Box. Is there any way to register/transfer that copy to Steam?
#37 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] That's good to know. I don't really do PvP though.

it's just to see how gear looks like.[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Ah right. I just hate crafting. Well, not hate it, just don't have the time for it.

you don't have to craft. you can sell the items and/or the materials, fetch some nice gold, and buy the item from the people that bother crafting. it's what i do, and i got a full exotic set like that.
#38 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] That's good to know. I don't really do PvP though.

it's just to see how gear looks like.[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Ah right. I just hate crafting. Well, not hate it, just don't have the time for it.

you don't have to craft. you can sell the items and/or the materials, fetch some nice gold, and buy the item from the people that bother crafting. it's what i do, and i got a full exotic set like that.

Sell the materials to vendors or in the AH? I normally just sell everything to vendors. And how do I know what sets to get? or what sets there are?
#39 Posted by IxX3xil3d0n3XxI (1508 posts) -

I tried so hard but I couldnt get into Rift. I got 3 50's before I quit. Its a great game, probably the only MMO on the market atm that I would pay for, but the themepark style just made me lose interest. To sum it up quickly though, Rift is king for PVE and GW2 is better for PVP. I love GW2 PVP cause you can jump right into it. With no sub I feel no obligation to play every day. Over 150hrs in GW2 and my highest level is around 20. Yea, PVP is fun.

#40 Posted by Maroxad (8238 posts) -

I couldnt even force myself to play RIFT the few times I tried to play it. I tried to get into it several times, but the gameplay is just abyssmal. For a game so heavily centered around combat, the combat sure does suck. Skills just have a complete lack of oomph going by the times I tried it and they just werent any fun to use, there were no other mechanics in combat either, such as dodging or positioning.

Guild Wars 2 is actually good, albeit, its only good, nothing great.

Edit: That said, RIFT is probably the best at what it sets out to do. Too bad that game type just doesnt appeal to me.

#41 Posted by wis3boi (31301 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] it's just to see how gear looks like.[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Ah right. I just hate crafting. Well, not hate it, just don't have the time for it.FelipeInside

Sell the materials to vendors or in the AH? I normally just sell everything to vendors. And how do I know what sets to get? or what sets there are?

If I were you I'd try to do some crafting. Collect everything you find while exploring, send it to your bank by the button in your inventory screen. You can hold ~250 of every type of crafting item in there IIRC, and then just go nuts when you're ready to make things. Maxing a profession out to level 400 provides 10 character levels over the course of leveling it up (20 levels if you focus on two professions) and allows you to work your way to legendary quality items once you hit 80. And you can sell anything you make on auction for big bucks

#42 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

Sell the materials to vendors or in the AH? I normally just sell everything to vendors. And how do I know what sets to get? or what sets there are?FelipeInside
before selling to vendors, always check how much you can make on the trading post. copper ores are like 20 copper each, rather than 3. make sure you check your final profit though, not the price you put for sale, as there is a display fee, and a transaction fee.

and what do you mean "what sets to get"? get the ones you think look cool. the stats you can manage later with transmutation stones. i just bought a bunch of generic gear for my character, then transmuted it into the armor i liked.

#43 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -
There's a button to send stuff to my bank??? Where? Also, I know im dumb but I still don't get how the AH works. The match maximum bidder or lowest seller thing.
#44 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
There's a button to send stuff to my bank??? Where? Also, I know im dumb but I still don't get how the AH works. The match maximum bidder or lowest seller thing.FelipeInside
the gear in your inventory deposits all crafting materials you have on you. the AH is pretty easy: you can match the highest buyer (which is a price a player is asking for that item, basically player X says "i want that item for this much money"), match the lowest seller (the price the item currently costs on the auction house, based on what other players placed there), or you can set your own price. rule of thumb is match lowest seller unless the difference in profit isn't that much.
#45 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -
Thanks guys. I didn't even know about that "Desposit Collectables" Button. I kept on collecting stuff and then going back to the city/bank. I'm such a Noob.
#46 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Thanks guys. I didn't even know about that "Desposit Collectables" Button. I kept on collecting stuff and then going back to the city/bank. I'm such a Noob.

crafting stations can be used as banks, even if you don't have a crafting profession.
#47 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Thanks guys. I didn't even know about that "Desposit Collectables" Button. I kept on collecting stuff and then going back to the city/bank. I'm such a Noob.BrunoBRS
crafting stations can be used as banks, even if you don't have a crafting profession.

So to get it straight. When I send it to my collectables, and I go back to a crafting station to craft, do I have to take them OUT of the Collectables Inventory?

Also, I'm a sucker for PETS in MMOs. Where do I find pets in GW2?

#48 Posted by wis3boi (31301 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Thanks guys. I didn't even know about that "Desposit Collectables" Button. I kept on collecting stuff and then going back to the city/bank. I'm such a Noob.FelipeInside

So to get it straight. When I send it to my collectables, and I go back to a crafting station to craft, do I have to take them OUT of the Collectables Inventory?

you can craft items right out of your bank, no need to rip them out

#49 Posted by FelipeInside (25470 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] crafting stations can be used as banks, even if you don't have a crafting profession.wis3boi

you can craft items right out of your bank, no need to rip them out

Cool thanks. I really need to get back and study how to craft. The last time I tried it, I just got confused and it seemed like I collected stuff but never had enough to craft anything.
#50 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Thanks guys. I didn't even know about that "Desposit Collectables" Button. I kept on collecting stuff and then going back to the city/bank. I'm such a Noob.FelipeInside

actual pets are exclusive to the ranger cIass. minipets are a collectible that you can buy in randomized packs of 3 on the gem store, or from other players on the trading post. right now there's a special halloween 3-pack with the 3 halloween-exclusive minis. the only way to get them is from gem store's halloween three-pack (or from players, but since there's no way to end up with repeated halloween pets, i doubt anyone will sell them), and it comes with all 3 minis. on a later update, polymock will be added, which allows players to use their minis to fight in arenas, kinda like pokemon.