Guild Wars 2 Discussion, because the sticky got deleted for some reason

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

not really much to say in the OP other than the usual.

limit your GW2 conversation to this thread if possible, and limit the conversation in this thread to GW2 only.

official gamespot server is fort aspenwoord, we have an official guild too. if you wish to join, send Zihark Darshell a mail in-game.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BrunoBRS
I TOOK DOWN THE COLOSSUS RUMBUS! after another straight hour of failing at the same part, the random that was with the party ran off without even saying goodbye. but we had settled on a strategy by then, so we got another random, and we did it on our first try. the rest of the dungeon felt incredibly easy compared to that segment :P 65 tokens to go (2 runs + going to the first chest), already got the ascalon catacombs achievement/title :D
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#3 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

I was wondering where the thread went. >:/

Working my way to my planned build and stats, I bought a set of runes the other day, but havent applied them yet. It's abit of ashame that gear/weapons with both toughness and condition damage are rare and not craftable. Good thing that the whispers set for light armour has those attributes that I need. Hopefully the Exotic quality gear with such stats arent too pricey compared to others.

The Staff--with the bounce+cooldown trait--feels like cheating now. I--and my clones--are basically stacking vulnerability and bleeds at the same time, plus the 1 second burns; and giving stacks of might and fury to myself (or others, the bounces are pretty random). Chaos Storm on my clones is actually more beneficial than popping it on a mob; doing both can be a bonus,

I am permanently set with the focus for the Mesmer. I didnt think it housed so much utility with just two skills: Condition removal (temporal curtain field on illusionary warden--a whirl finisher), projectile absorb or reflect (with trait), A wall cripple, AoE pull (hilarious in WvW as you can yank people off walls), swiftness and Retalliation (with a temporal curtain field and a the sword leap finisher).

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
Sucks that the sticky was deleted. Finally got the stuck Orr skillpoints today, after the server restart. Got 2.5 gold worth of gear from completing the map, which is pretty decent.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

Sylvari can look so purdy if you customize them right =O

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#6 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Obviously we're free to post wherever we like now, wish they would stop that practice anyway.

Ravenshout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ravenshout
Member since 2012 • 1265 Posts

Let me guess, it must have been Adobe Artist who deleted it.

What a console gamer!

Avatar image for slantedandencha
slantedandencha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 slantedandencha
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

I TOOK DOWN THE COLOSSUS RUMBUS! after another straight hour of failing at the same part, the random that was with the party ran off without even saying goodbye. but we had settled on a strategy by then, so we got another random, and we did it on our first try. the rest of the dungeon felt incredibly easy compared to that segment :P 65 tokens to go (2 runs + going to the first chest), already got the ascalon catacombs achievement/title :DBrunoBRS

was a lot of fun, we rolled pretty good overall, especially when we picked up that guardian near the end. good stuff i say.

spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts

Got to level 80 yesterday, now I'm actually struggling a bit with the old MMO habit where you prepare for endgame content D: It's like I can't really decide what I should do now. I'm quite tempted to try out some other class though, still only have this necromancer :P

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

illmatic you broke Gamespot... Well it's already broken but you made it worse :lol:

I want to play the game more but don't have much time, as soon as the game came out I suddenly couldn't find time to play... what a bummer.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 C_Rule

What hell happened to this thread?:shock:

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JohnF111

C_Rule

Illmatic is what happened. Looks like he posted some formatting code included in his copy and paste that Gamespot thought was it's own code.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 C_Rule

[QUOTE="C_Rule"]

JohnF111

Illmatic is what happened. Looks like he posted some formatting code included in his copy and paste that Gamespot thought was it's own code.

Ha, reminds me of the Youtube comment exploit. Good times.:cool:

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrunoBRS

Patch notes from today's update

[quote="ArenaNet"]

Engineer

• Rocket Boots: This skill is no longer usable underwater. This is a temporary change until we can figure out why players can launch themselves into the sky using this skill.

illmatic87

:lol:

and some mod please edit his post and find out WTF happened.

slantedandencha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slantedandencha

eh my message got mixed up in that page 1 mess.

was awesome taking out the colossus rhombus last night...took us a few tries at the burrows, but finally got it after that guardian joined us. good times! thanks for the invite bruno.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BrunoBRS

was awesome taking out the colossus rhombus last night...took us a few tries at the burrows, but finally got it after that guardian joined us. good times! thanks for the invite bruno.

slantedandencha

which one were you? i don't keep tabs on who's who on gamespot and on the guild, and even people that i know from gamespot i just call them by the in-game name :P

but yeah. once we settled on the strategy, we just needed another good player to help us get through. those last 10% almost gave me a heart attack :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I TOOK DOWN THE COLOSSUS RUMBUS! after another straight hour of failing at the same part, the random that was with the party ran off without even saying goodbye. but we had settled on a strategy by then, so we got another random, and we did it on our first try. the rest of the dungeon felt incredibly easy compared to that segment :P 65 tokens to go (2 runs + going to the first chest), already got the ascalon catacombs achievement/title :DBrunoBRS

What did you guys change up from our run yesterday out of curosity? Would love to know so I can actually get past them pesky burrows next time :P.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#20 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I think they took the sticky down because the game is dying. No one watches it on twitch anymore and the biggest streamers have moved back to WoW. Even Kungen who played GW2 religiously has went back to WoW.

Guess it got killed by a Panda expansion that isn't even out yet. :(

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]I TOOK DOWN THE COLOSSUS RUMBUS! after another straight hour of failing at the same part, the random that was with the party ran off without even saying goodbye. but we had settled on a strategy by then, so we got another random, and we did it on our first try. the rest of the dungeon felt incredibly easy compared to that segment :P 65 tokens to go (2 runs + going to the first chest), already got the ascalon catacombs achievement/title :DWhiteblade999

What did you guys change up from our run yesterday out of curosity? Would love to know so I can actually get past them pesky burrows next time :P.

our core idea was right: rush the burrows. but the problem is, we didn't have a designated agroer. so it was me agroing the gravelings away from the collectors (since i have the most mobility and easy access to AoEs because of initiative, but lowest raw damage because of my condition build) while the other 4 nuked the burrows. i'd draw figure 8s around the place to get all the agro i could and ocasionally drop caltrops for cripple or ambush traps to get some NPC support. at the last 20% we just all ran to the only collector left and defended it like crazy. it was very, very intense :P

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BrunoBRS

i finally got my character look nailed! now i just need to buy exotic lv80 armor and transmute it.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/918989221757853475/B07CB7FC40EC1350883E35D0268760D48DFF9314/

and i bought an exotic helm that makes me look like Shredder from TMNT >.>

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/918989221757831677/4C9793FA0DA0B93076CB63255FACF26681CFF4EE/

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

Holy crap dungeons actually require strategy now.

I_85a2f0_2607182.jpg

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

I had my first WvWvW experience tonight. I dunno how it is on other servers, but on Borlis Pass, this is a nightmare. People are insulting each other on the chat with crude words. You have a commander ( some random guy who paid 100g for his title) who try to dictate his way, then insult everyone that does not follow him. This remind me of League of Legends so much and I hate that... Back to pve and spvp for me...

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#25 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

i finally got my character look nailed! now i just need to buy exotic lv80 armor and transmute it.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/918989221757853475/B07CB7FC40EC1350883E35D0268760D48DFF9314/

and i bought an exotic helm that makes me look like Shredder from TMNT >.>

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/918989221757831677/4C9793FA0DA0B93076CB63255FACF26681CFF4EE/

BrunoBRS

That looks pretty cool, I always liked non-symmetrical armour. I am almost set with mine, just need to find a better coat - im still looking.

-

Yeah, I deleted my post from the previous page. I copy pasted from the Official forums, didnt mean to break the thread lol.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
Alright, after hours of searching Im gonna ask my question here. I can max GW2 and it runs well but I hate the aliasing problems. FXAA blurs the hell out of the game but I know there are injectors whether SMAA or FXAA that include sharpening and make the game look very nice. I was wondering if anyone has had any success injecting FXAA or SMAA and would truly appreciate you telling me how you're doing it because I cant figure it out. Thanks! Id create another thread for the benefit of the internet but the mods would get on me.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Alright, after hours of searching Im gonna ask my question here. I can max GW2 and it runs well but I hate the aliasing problems. FXAA blurs the hell out of the game but I know there are injectors whether SMAA or FXAA that include sharpening and make the game look very nice. I was wondering if anyone has had any success injecting FXAA or SMAA and would truly appreciate you telling me how you're doing it because I cant figure it out. Thanks! Id create another thread for the benefit of the internet but the mods would get on me.Gamesterpheonix
Honestly, I leave AA OFF (None), the game looks heaps better that way. Very crisp, very PC game like. OFF-TOPIC: GW2 client now available on MAC !!!
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BrunoBRS

I had my first WvWvW experience tonight. I dunno how it is on other servers, but on Borlis Pass, this is a nightmare. People are insulting each other on the chat with crude words. You have a commander ( some random guy who paid 100g for his title) who try to dictate his way, then insult everyone that does not follow him. This remind me of League of Legends so much and I hate that... Back to pve and spvp for me...

Franko_3
sounds lame. the commander is supposed to help guide his squad, not whine that he's not doing a good job at it.
Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

BrunoBRS
I thought you could only transmutate till lvl79, or are there other rocks for that? And since we're posting pictures... 56K warning [spoiler]                               [/spoiler] Just hope I got the tag right o_O

Franko_3
Yikes, I never had that happen to me and I've played maybe over 10 hours of it. Then again, I never saw a commander in WvW, just around Lion's Arch, didn't know you had to pay 100g for that title. I guess their idea was, a guy with 100g to spare clocked an insanely amount of hours in the game and knows what his doing, I guess in reality its just a guy who bought some from the never ending gold spammers -___- But you can always change server, its free I did once no problem.
slantedandencha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 slantedandencha

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Haven't been able to play much lately. Took myself off of caffeine and I've been dead tired every single night this week.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

Kane04

I thought you could only transmutate till lvl79, or are there other rocks for that?

yep. fine transmutation stones, 200 gems for a pack of 5 (which costed me about 50-60 silver last time i bought them), transmute any item, regardless of level.

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

[QUOTE="Kane04"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

BrunoBRS

I thought you could only transmutate till lvl79, or are there other rocks for that?

yep. fine transmutation stones, 200 gems for a pack of 5 (which costed me about 50-60 silver last time i bought them), transmute any item, regardless of level.

Sweet. Because honestly I like the design of the early (call it noob) weapons and armors better than the yellow lvl 80 high end ones. I know in an MMO your gear "has to look like that", almost like a street cred gauge, but I can't run away from the fact that some of the stuff looks like drawings I made on the 4th grade X_X
Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

Haven't been able to play much lately. Took myself off of caffeine and I've been dead tired every single night this week.

Wasdie

I know what you mean. Sometimes I come home from work so tired I let the games play me. Oh well, thank jeebus for weekends.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JohnF111
[QUOTE="Kane04"] I thought you could only transmutate till lvl79, or are there other rocks for that?

I got 5 of them I think the Fine ones.
Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts
so how do i go about joining gamespots guild? im in the fort aspenwood server.
flipsthebird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 flipsthebird
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Looking for a GW2 Guild myself. Can transfer to whatever server.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BrunoBRS
Looking for a GW2 Guild myself. Can transfer to whatever server. flipsthebird
so how do i go about joining gamespots guild? im in the fort aspenwood server.GamingVengeance
send Zihark Darshell an in-game mail about it, and i'll send the invitations (as well as a confirmation mail) next time i'm online. and server is Fort Aspenwood, yeah.