Guild management?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by windrider07 (7 posts) -

For those who play in guilds, which game do you play and what do you use to communicate with your guild mates? Lotta people using facebook, in-game chat, Skype, Raptr, or a combination of tools like Skype + Enjin or Guild Launch (guild hosting service).

#2 Posted by illmatic87 (15263 posts) -

My current guild/gaming community im in uses our own Teamspeak Server with quite the number of slots and with multiple channels that cover different games, and rooms within them too.

We have a website which we promote through the Teamspeak MotD on log-in. Other than that, I dont think we use social media, pretty sure we've tried, but people are segregated across multiple social media platforms that they prefer. (I use Instragram now).

Here is the website: http://www.unrealaussies.com/, it's a big community though.

For a smaller guild, i think guildlaunch and a VoIP service should be enough.

#3 Posted by windrider07 (7 posts) -

Is your site using Enjin? lol, the toolbar at the top of the website and the modules reminds me of the layout Enjin uses. Yea, most people use voice-over servers for their guilds to keep things simple and easy for communication. Good point on social media, though I think most gamers use facebook :)

Is Guild Launch better at websites for smaller guilds compared to bigger guilds?

#4 Posted by windrider07 (7 posts) -

no reply? :(

#5 Edited by kraken2109 (13055 posts) -

Mumble

#6 Posted by illmatic87 (15263 posts) -

My bad about the late reply

@windrider07 said:

Is your site using Enjin? lol, the toolbar at the top of the website and the modules reminds me of the layout Enjin uses. Yea, most people use voice-over servers for their guilds to keep things simple and easy for communication. Good point on social media, though I think most gamers use facebook :)

Is Guild Launch better at websites for smaller guilds compared to bigger guilds?

I believe the site runs under proper webhosting and created by a webmaster.

As for Guild-Launch, I think many small guilds use it because it's quick and easy to setup. Has a means to make applications, hold events/announcements and whatnot.

#7 Posted by FelipeInside (25585 posts) -

@windrider07 said:

For those who play in guilds, which game do you play and what do you use to communicate with your guild mates? Lotta people using facebook, in-game chat, Skype, Raptr, or a combination of tools like Skype + Enjin or Guild Launch (guild hosting service).

We use Dolby Axxon to play Battlefield 4 in our Clan.

It works perfectly and that's on a high speed game where you need the talking to be instant.

We had tried lots of other programs before like you mentioned but nothing beats Axxon.

#8 Posted by Assimilat0r (745 posts) -

We use Team Speak 3 with 50 slots, Guild Launch for raids and etc stuffs,.. STEAM + Facebook + Raptr to PM for emmergency log in, even we call each others with phones.

#9 Posted by wis3boi (31382 posts) -

vent, mumble

#10 Edited by windrider07 (7 posts) -

wooh cool stuff. out of curiosity, what games do you guys play when you do guild stuff?

#11 Posted by windrider07 (7 posts) -

Just got back to seeing this thread. Anything new?