Gtx 770 250 watts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by yodude1026 (184 posts) -
Hello I have heard that the 770 will have a w of 250 whereas my current 660 only has 140 w does this mean I will need a new power supply? Will it be simple to install a better power supply like installing a CPU? ALso what would be the risks? Actually beginning to doubt that its 250 w... Will I still be needing a better power supply?
#2 Posted by II-Siamak-II (479 posts) -

Hello I have heard that the 770 will have a w of 250 whereas my current 660 only has 140 w does this mean I will need a new power supply? Will it be simple to install a better power supply like installing a CPU? ALso what would be the risks? Actually beginning to doubt that its 250 w... Will I still be needing a better power supply?yodude1026

First of all this belongs in Hardware section not PC Games, also no one knows the actual specs of the 700 series yet so you are not gonna get a correct answer, but even tho you have not mentioned anything about your current hardware I say this: if you have a decent Power Supply of at least 650w you should be fine. 

#3 Posted by darksusperia (6943 posts) -
there is no GTX 770 at this stage. There is only Nvidia Titan which will have a TDP of 235w. see here for more info http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29352666/nvidia-titan---feb-18th.
#4 Posted by kraken2109 (13196 posts) -

As others have said:

Wrong board.

Nobody knows anything about the 700 series, maybe you're getting mixed up with the titan.

And if you're worried about TDP you shouldn't be thinking of the titan anyway, £700+ GPU is not for people who care about power consumption.