GTAV Release announced, No PC.

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by HyperWarlock (3261 posts) -

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/45951/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-spring-2013.html

at least not in spring 2013.

R* PC statement:

"Hey guys, glad to see so much enthusiasm about the release announcement. For those asking about the PC platform, we're currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don't have any details to share about a PC version at this time. Anyone that continues to spam the comments section will have their commenting privileges suspended"

#2 Posted by Ben-Buja (2994 posts) -

I'll pick up the PS3 version and later PC, but this is disappointing nevertheless.

Let's hope the PC port will be better this time.

#3 Posted by HyperWarlock (3261 posts) -

I'll pick up the PS3 version and later PC, but this is disappointing nevertheless.

Ben-Buja

Yeah i'll pick up the 360 version at launch.

#4 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

Lol people seem to be freaking out about no PC version.

Did the same thing happen when GTA IV was announced for PS3 and 360 ?

#5 Posted by rhazzy (1516 posts) -

R4gn4r0k

More or less...people were more suprised than...now they know months ahead.

#6 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Ben-Buja

I'll be doing the same. It's a shame, but I expected this, and if the modding community is as amazing as IV's, it might be worth picking up twice if they port it properly.

#7 Posted by lostrib (36959 posts) -

I'm sure SW will have a field day with this

#8 Posted by BPoole96 (22800 posts) -

Not getting it unless there is a PC version

#9 Posted by Liquid_ (2685 posts) -

Didn't GTA 4 end up being a buggy/laggy port to PC?

#10 Posted by spittis (1875 posts) -
Can't say I care much. If it comes to PC I'll get it on a Steam sale. If not...*shrug*
#11 Posted by danygo1996 (372 posts) -

I don't care as long as e get a good quality game and not some unoptimized **** like gtaiv was

#12 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
not a huge deal, i wasn't going to get it for more than a year after release anyway. it'll need to be fixed up by the community and by then, it'll be semi-playable.
#13 Posted by Lu-Kang (1010 posts) -

They need to be spamed more.

#14 Posted by HyperWarlock (3261 posts) -

not a huge deal, i wasn't going to get it for more than a year after release anyway. it'll need to be fixed up by the community and by then, it'll be semi-playable.yellosnolvr

I'd say it's a little too soon to say that, nobody has seen any gameplay at all so far. MP3, L.A Noire and Red Dead Redemption basicly the major releases since GTA4, have all been fantastic even without mods.

#15 Posted by biggest_loser (24054 posts) -

They need to be spamed more.

Lu-Kang
Yeah that'll help won't it? Sigh. More waiting. Could be another 6 months till its released after. I was worried about the delay because I want to be able to play it on my current hardware. I'm not having a good week.
#16 Posted by icyseanfitz (2493 posts) -

i played gta4 on my 360 before i got my gaming pc.....i cant go back to a slideshow like that :( god damn it rockstar, i love ye but i hate ye

#17 Posted by Wasdie (49907 posts) -

They've never really announced the PC version of GTA games recently (3 - 4) until after the game is launched. It's comeing eventually.

I'll get it on my 360.

#18 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

R4gn4r0k
And with San Andreas, Vice City and GTA 3 when they were announced for PS 2. Rockstar knows their games are so good that many will end up buying both a console version and then the pc version.
#19 Posted by wis3boi (31376 posts) -

All GTA games get a PC version and almost always about 6-8 months later

#20 Posted by Nick3306 (2577 posts) -
I'm fine with the wait as long as it isnt as horrible as the gta 4 port. I'll just get it for ps3.
#21 Posted by FelipeInside (25584 posts) -
After the great port that was Max Payne 3, I honestly was expecting a release on PC same day, or even a couple of weeks. Rockstar lets me down once again. Seriously considering not even buying this version.
#22 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Is anyone surprised?

#23 Posted by biggest_loser (24054 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]After the great port that was Max Payne 3, I honestly was expecting a release on PC same day, or even a couple of weeks. Rockstar lets me down once again. Seriously considering not even buying this version.

Its quite bizarre. GTA is every bit a PC franchise as Max Payne is. But I'm sure it will come at some point, if only because they mentioned still having GTA on PC when Red Dead wasn't an option :(
#24 Posted by FelipeInside (25584 posts) -

Is anyone surprised?

the_bi99man
Nope, just disappointed.
#25 Posted by the_ChEeSe_mAn2 (8464 posts) -
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]After the great port that was Max Payne 3, I honestly was expecting a release on PC same day, or even a couple of weeks. Rockstar lets me down once again. Seriously considering not even buying this version.

When was a GTA game released on PC on time in recent memory? ..Exactly.
#26 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4128 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]After the great port that was Max Payne 3, I honestly was expecting a release on PC same day, or even a couple of weeks. Rockstar lets me down once again. Seriously considering not even buying this version.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

And that makes it acceptable how? The whole line of thought makes no sense. They haven't done it yet, so it's OK that they're not going to do it now?

#27 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]After the great port that was Max Payne 3, I honestly was expecting a release on PC same day, or even a couple of weeks. Rockstar lets me down once again. Seriously considering not even buying this version.Toxic-Seahorse

And that makes it acceptable how? The whole line of thought makes no sense. They haven't done it yet, so it's OK that they're not going to do it now?

As long as the PC version isn't buggy as hell, it will be worth the wait. I don't give a crap about playing games on release day, and they can spend an extra year making the PC version, for all I care. As long as it's playable on release, the modding community will turn it into the definitive version in no time.

#28 Posted by wis3boi (31376 posts) -

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"] When was a GTA game released on PC on time in recent memory? ..Exactly. the_bi99man

As long as the PC version isn't buggy as hell, it will be worth the wait. I don't give a crap about playing games on release day, and they can spend an extra year making the PC version, for all I care. As long as it's playable on release, the modding community will turn it into the definitive version in no time.

pretty much my thoughts

#29 Posted by Twisted14 (3497 posts) -

I would have been surprised had it been a simultaneous release. They're taking the extra time not because they want to screw PC gamers over, they are doing it to try to give PC gamers a better experience. So you don't have to make such a big deal out of it. Unfortunately GTA4 didn't work out too well for some (the game worked pretty well for me and many others) but at least they took time with it to try.
#30 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="yellosnolvr"]not a huge deal, i wasn't going to get it for more than a year after release anyway. it'll need to be fixed up by the community and by then, it'll be semi-playable.HyperWarlock

I'd say it's a little too soon to say that, nobody has seen any gameplay at all so far. MP3, L.A Noire and Red Dead Redemption basicly the major releases since GTA4, have all been fantastic even without mods.

Yeah GTA IV wasn't perfect in the gameplay department, but Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption have had combat on par with some of the best third person shooters out there, so I'm sure they'll give the same amount of attention to the driving and fighting as well.

#31 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4128 posts) -
[QUOTE="Twisted14"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]After the great port that was Max Payne 3, I honestly was expecting a release on PC same day, or even a couple of weeks. Rockstar lets me down once again. Seriously considering not even buying this version.

I would have been surprised had it been a simultaneous release. They're taking the extra time not because they want to screw PC gamers over, they are doing it to try to give PC gamers a better experience. So you don't have to make such a big deal out of it. Unfortunately GTA4 didn't work out too well for some (the game worked pretty well for me and many others) but at least they took time with it to try.

That's bullsh*t and you know it. The whole notion that they care about PC gamers more is ridiculous. The reason the PC version will be delayed is because they want to focus on their primary market first (consoles) and will then throw us a port after a little while once they're not occupied with consoles(which hopefully will be better than the GTA IV disaster(performance wise) ) It's not that they care about us more and want to give us a better experience, it's that PC gamers will not give them as much money as console gamers so they think we can wait.
#32 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5371 posts) -
**** GTA, I want Just Cause 3!
#33 Posted by FelipeInside (25584 posts) -
[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]After the great port that was Max Payne 3, I honestly was expecting a release on PC same day, or even a couple of weeks. Rockstar lets me down once again. Seriously considering not even buying this version.

I know, but after the fiasco that was the awful GTA4 Port, to the perfect Max Payne 3 Port, I would have thought it might change. Like I said, I don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks (waiting right now for Assassins Creed 3), but something like 6 months- 1 year is ridiculous.
#34 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16418 posts) -

How come other companies can do a perfect simultaneous release, but not Rockstar?

#35 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4128 posts) -

How come other companies can do a perfect simultaneous release, but not Rockstar?

JangoWuzHere
Don't worry, it's because Rockstar loves PC gamers and want to make it extra special! /sarcasm
#36 Posted by FelipeInside (25584 posts) -
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Toxic-Seahorse
Don't worry, it's because Rockstar loves PC gamers and want to make it extra special! /sarcasm

Releasing games on PC later than consoles is a common practice for 2 reasons: 1- Piracy 2- Port Optimization But like I said, this delay should never be more than 3-4 weeks.
#37 Posted by pelvist (4803 posts) -

Ill wait for the PC version. People buying the more expensive console version because they cant wait to play it are the reason companies keep doing this.

#38 Posted by vfibsux (4205 posts) -

Any game not released on the PC is not worth my time anyway. No news here.

#39 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Way to support PC guys (who are buying the other versions earlier)!:(

Rockstar can go screw themselves. Of course I will no doubt buy it on PC whenever it comes, unless it is as terrible as IV was.

#40 Posted by FelipeInside (25584 posts) -

Rockstar can go screw themselves. Of course I will no doubt buy it on PC whenever it comes, unless it is as terrible as IV was.

NaveedLife
Coming from the guy with Metal Gear Console Solid as avatar and signature ??? (I know the new one is coming to PC)
#41 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6088 posts) -

Not getting it unless there is a PC version

BPoole96
Yeah... Same here (considering I only have a PC).
#42 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

FelipeInside

Coming from the guy with Metal Gear Console Solid as avatar and signature ??? (I know the new one is coming to PC)

I am not saying DON'T play consoles. I am saying don't betray yourself and PC and give in to Rockstar screwing us over. And as you pointed out, MGSGZ is on PC and that is what I will be buying it for.

#43 Posted by FelipeInside (25584 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

I am not saying DON'T play consoles. I am saying don't betray yourself and PC and give in to Rockstar screwing us over. And as you pointed out, MGSGZ is on PC and that is what I will be buying it for.

I know what you meant. I was just pointing out that Konami sort of did the same thing to the Metal Gear Series. We got ports years down the track, and awful ports at that, and not even every game.
#44 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]After the great port that was Max Payne 3, I honestly was expecting a release on PC same day, or even a couple of weeks. Rockstar lets me down once again. Seriously considering not even buying this version.FelipeInside

I know, but after the fiasco that was the awful GTA4 Port, to the perfect Max Payne 3 Port, I would have thought it might change. Like I said, I don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks (waiting right now for Assassins Creed 3), but something like 6 months- 1 year is ridiculous.

The PC version of Max Payne 3 also made me think maybe GTA V had a chance at coming out near the same time on PC as the console versions. I mean, MP3 on PC was pretty amazing, it ran incredibly smooth, felt like it was meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard, and didn't have any unnecessary DRM. Still, GTA V should have all that too if we're willing to wait if Rockstar doesn't think they can put out an acceptable PC version on release, it's not fair for the console versions to have to be held up because they want to have the PC version working, same as it would be unfair for the PC version to get a crappy port because they wanted it out on time.

#45 Posted by FelipeInside (25584 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"] When was a GTA game released on PC on time in recent memory? ..Exactly. SPYDER0416

The PC version of Max Payne 3 also made me think maybe GTA V had a chance at coming out near the same time on PC as the console versions. I mean, MP3 on PC was pretty amazing, it ran incredibly smooth, felt like it was meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard, and didn't have any unnecessary DRM. Still, GTA V should have all that too if we're willing to wait if Rockstar doesn't think they can put out an acceptable PC version on release, it's not fair for the console versions to have to be held up because they want to have the PC version working, same as it would be unfair for the PC version to get a crappy port because they wanted it out on time.

True, but what's wrong on the company waiting until ALL versions are ready for launch and then release them? EA does it for most of their games.
#46 Posted by wis3boi (31376 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I know, but after the fiasco that was the awful GTA4 Port, to the perfect Max Payne 3 Port, I would have thought it might change. Like I said, I don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks (waiting right now for Assassins Creed 3), but something like 6 months- 1 year is ridiculous.FelipeInside

True, but what's wrong on the company waiting until ALL versions are ready for launch and then release them? EA does it for most of their games.

because they get HUGE loads of money from the console crowd, MS and Sony know this, and so does R*, and they will want the bulk of their initial surge of sales to be on the consoles, not to mention any exclusive deals for the console stuff

#47 Posted by FelipeInside (25584 posts) -

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

wis3boi

because they get HUGE loads of money from the console crowd, MS and Sony know this, and so does R*, and they will want the bulk of their initial surge of sales to be on the consoles, not to mention any exclusive deals for the console stuff

Deals I can "maybe" understand.

As for revenue, people that want it on consoles will buy it on consoles. People who want it on PC will but it on PC. I actually think it hurts them more cause after 6 months or a year, some people aren't interested anymore.

IMO it's all BS. EA releases FIFA on same day on all 3 platforms and it sells like hot cakes on PC.

#48 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4128 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

FelipeInside

Releasing games on PC later than consoles is a common practice for 2 reasons: 1- Piracy 2- Port Optimization But like I said, this delay should never be more than 3-4 weeks.

How is piracy a legitimate reason to delay the release of the game on PC? and if they actually cared about PC gamers like some think they do (they don't) they would make the game for PC as well instead of porting it. But no, we don't get even that, we get a port a good while after the game is already released on consoles.
#49 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] True, but what's wrong on the company waiting until ALL versions are ready for launch and then release them? EA does it for most of their games.FelipeInside

Deals I can "maybe" understand.

As for revenue, people that want it on consoles will buy it on consoles. People who want it on PC will but it on PC. I actually think it hurts them more cause after 6 months or a year, some people aren't interested anymore.

IMO it's all BS. EA releases FIFA on same day on all 3 platforms and it sells like hot cakes on PC.

But when it comes to GTA, it's hard not to have a big audience and release, regardless of platform. I remember when the PC version of GTA IV was on it's way, I saw a ton of ads and commercials for it and now GTA IV, despite the moaning from the community for the shoddy port job, ended up being incredibly successful on PC.

I think that releasing it later might even give them an excuse to advertise for it more and get more sales from console gamers who didn't originally pick it up, but more likely they'd just rather release a PC version up to their standards without holding it all back for the bulk of their main audience (on Xbox 360 and PS3).

Since GTA originally came out on Playstation first then other systems, and now comes out the same time as Xbox 360, I'd like to think that with their job on Max Payne 3 and the large GTA community that they'll be more receptive to releasing GTA games on PC quicker. For now though, I'll be fine getting it on Xbox 360 or PS3 (I'll choose whichever one my friends play it on most).

#50 Posted by FelipeInside (25584 posts) -
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] Don't worry, it's because Rockstar loves PC gamers and want to make it extra special! /sarcasm

How is piracy a legitimate reason to delay the release of the game on PC? and if they actually cared about PC gamers like some think they do (they don't) they would make the game for PC as well instead of porting it. But no, we don't get even that, we get a port a good while after the game is already released on consoles.

It's a marketing strategy that's used commonly. Since PC is the main pirated platform, they release it on consoles and try to get as much revenue as possible and then release the PC version down the track.