satori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 satori
Member since 2002 • 1522 Posts

I am a little blown away that there appears to be no support of Joysticks for helicopters and planes. So many people use these when playing Battle Field games that it's just strange that they aren't currently supported. I've tried asking Rockstar if there are any plans to support this in the future, and I get no response. Very sad indeed that Rockstar aren't addressing this as I can see quite a few people asking for this on their support page. Thoughts?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@satori said:

I am a little blown away that there appears to be no support of Joysticks for helicopters and planes. So many people use these when playing Battle Field games that it's just strange that they aren't currently supported. I've tried asking Rockstar if there are any plans to support this in the future, and I get no response. Very sad indeed that Rockstar aren't addressing this as I can see quite a few people asking for this on their support page. Thoughts?

Well it's more of an arcade game than a simulator.

satori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 satori

So while I do appreciate you both taking the time to comment, it seems I'm alone in expecting a triple A title to have all the support I'd expect from a similar game. I was hoping/expecting joystick support of out the gate, in fact I got responses on the Rockstar forums saying as much. Still, those are fans, not Rockstar, so shame on me for believing them, but it's still a realistic request from what I can see from others asking for the same thing. As for it being an arcade game, it's a open world RPG, just like Skyrim. I don't think this has been an arcade game since the first one.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I dont recall any GTA game working with those

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@satori said:

So while I do appreciate you both taking the time to comment, it seems I'm alone in expecting a triple A title to have all the support I'd expect from a similar game. I was hoping/expecting joystick support of out the gate, in fact I got responses on the Rockstar forums saying as much. Still, those are fans, not Rockstar, so shame on me for believing them, but it's still a realistic request from what I can see from others asking for the same thing. As for it being an arcade game, it's a open world RPG, just like Skyrim. I don't think this has been an arcade game since the first one.

I meant arcade as in how the vehicles drive.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

In the airplane it was telling me to use number keys, except I don't have a numpad. I only died 10 times in the plane checkpoint.

satori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By satori

@FelipeInside: Ah, sorry, yeah, I get that concept, but most arcade flight games allow joysticks. It's a little amazing to me that they couldn't have simply added support enabling a joystick would be so incredibly easy given that gamepads already work.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Not surprised. Just use a gamepad. The flying in this game doesn't really require a joystick.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

If it is any consolation, there is not nearly as much opportunity or choices to fly aircraft as there was in San Andreas 10 years ago.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@satori said:

Q: have you played similar games before with a joystick? By similar I mean: Merceneries 2, Just Cause, Saints Row.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

You're not in a helicopter or plane very often in GTA5. You also don't need a joystick because of how simple the flying is.

tman523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tman523
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@satori: Hello, fellow joystick user! I was searching the internet and found your post and saw that the people here on your forum of choice are far less than helpful with this. Over on /r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC we have found that using the Logitech profiler will allow for perfect joystick support. I use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and the Logitech Profiler to map the flight keys to my joystick and apply a persistent profile over the game launcher. People have been reporting being able to use other joysticks using similar methods.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#16 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Joysticks are still a thing?

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#17 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

@biggest_loser said:

Joysticks are still a thing?

Absolutely, still just as fun time to use too!

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GoodKingMog
Member since 2015 • 167 Posts

@satori said:

you are "blown away"? really?

ffs... the entitlement of PC gamers *rolls eyes*

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I only need a joystick if I'm going to dogfight other aircraft or if I want some fidelity of controls. Missing joystick controls isn't too bad on GTA V.

That said, I like Far Cry 4's implementation of keyboard and mouse for the Buzzer. I can actually dogfight other helicopters. I wish R* followed the same example.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts

@satori said:

Just use x360ce and xinput. I used that on GTA IV so I could drive with my steering wheel and pedals. I'm sure its the same method for GTA V.