GTA 5 requirements

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JackBrawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JackBrawl
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I guess all of you liked Gta 4, it's my favourite game and a masterpiece in its genre, so I'm looking forward to the next chapter of rockstar games killer app (that will be probably launched next year) and wondering about its astonishing requirements, given Gta4 immense resources sucking precedent. Please leave comments if you think the configuration below will be enough to play the game flawlessly at the highest resolution. Other suggestions are welcomed: Recommended system: - Processor: Intel Core i7 975 @ 3.33 Ghz or superior - Memory/RAM: 8Gb DDR3 2200 Mhz or superior - Video Card: QuadSLI Geforce GTX 295 3584MB VRAM or superior graphics card (for Pixel Shader 5.0) - Directx 11/Pixel Shader 5.0 compliant video card - Hard Disk Space: 25 GB - Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 Minimum system: - Processor: Intel Core i7 965 @ 3.20 or equivalent - Memory/RAM: 6Gb DDR3 2000 Mhz - Video Card: 3waySLI Geforce GTX 295 2688MB VRAM or Ati Radeon HD 4890 X2 - Hard Disk Space: 25 GB - Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 This seems to be very compliant with rockstar games programmers heavy requirements precedents in Gta4. Your comments are welcomed!
555SSOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#2 555SSOO
Member since 2008 • 1873 Posts

Probably something like a space ship:P

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
Those are some killer requirements...
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Go be troll somewhere else.

But if you were serious, that's just sad, you must be new to gaming in general if you think R* will release a GTA game after just 1 year and if you think that they'll make a new engine just for one game, they made 3 GTA games on the same engine and I doubt they won't do the same with this one.

As for those specs, do you even know something about PCs or you're just copy-pasting the most expensive parts you can find? no game will need that much power, not in 2010, not in 2011, not even in 2012 (the quad config, if that'll ever happen) when they'll probably release a new console generation.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

I guess all of you liked Gta 4, it's my favourite game and a masterpiece in its genre, so I'm looking forward to the next chapter of rockstar games killer app (that will be probably launched next year) and wondering about its astonishing requirements, given Gta4 immense resources sucking precedent. Please leave comments if you think the configuration below will be enough to play the game flawlessly at the highest resolution. Other suggestions are welcomed: Recommended system: - Processor: Intel Core i7 975 @ 3.33 Ghz or superior - Memory/RAM: 8Gb DDR3 2200 Mhz or superior - Video Card: QuadSLI Geforce GTX 295 3584MB VRAM or superior graphics card (for Pixel Shader 5.0) - Directx 11/Pixel Shader 5.0 compliant video card - Hard Disk Space: 25 GB - Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 Minimum system: - Processor: Intel Core i7 965 @ 3.20 or equivalent - Memory/RAM: 6Gb DDR3 2000 Mhz - Video Card: 3waySLI Geforce GTX 295 2688MB VRAM or Ati Radeon HD 4890 X2 - Hard Disk Space: 25 GB - Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 This seems to be very compliant with rockstar games programmers heavy requirements precedents in Gta4. Your comments are welcomed! JackBrawl

that post is just wrong on so many levels

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts
GTA had some bugs at first, but even the requirements weren't that outrageous, a dual core and decent mid level graphics card. If you weren't getting a good framerate, your settings were set too high. If you looked at the console equivalent settings they were very low. Rockstar basically said "here is the engine without limits, have at it". If they would've just left it at console equivalent as max (except for resolution) no one would've complained and it would've ran fine on everyone's system.
darx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darx55
Member since 2008 • 1528 Posts
where did you get that info?they seem pretty fake to me..