GRID 2 (advanced blending and smoke shadows settings)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Matty_gamer (390 posts) -

I am unable to turn on advanced blending and smoke shadows. Any ideas why this is the case? Here are my system specs.

Intel Core i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
16gb RAM CORSAIR VENGANCE
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 OC
240 GB SSD
2TB HDD
750W PSU
MOBO GIGABYTE GA-Z77X

#2 Posted by ferret-gamer (17339 posts) -

Not entirely sure, but i heard those features require a CPU with avx instruction set. Yours should support it, make sure that you are running the game off of the avx exe file

#3 Posted by Kinthalis (5323 posts) -

Those settings are specific to the intel GPU inside your i5. But unless you WANT to gimp your game, I'd stick to the GTX 670.

#4 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16973 posts) -

Those settings are specific to the intel GPU inside your i5. But unless you WANT to gimp your game, I'd stick to the GTX 670.

Kinthalis

Why would they make effects like these exclusive to an onboard graphics card ? :?

#5 Posted by Matty_gamer (390 posts) -

Man I am running it off AVX still those options are off. Do I need to change something in the bios ? or install some specific driver or software?

#6 Posted by ronvalencia (15172 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

R4gn4r0k

Why would they make effects like these exclusive to an onboard graphics card ? :?

Intel added extensions to it's Direct3D which enables it to have direct access to memory. On AMD GPUs, refer to Sony's PS4.
#7 Posted by ronvalencia (15172 posts) -

Man I am running it off AVX still those options are off. Do I need to change something in the bios ? or install some specific driver or software?

Matty_gamer

It has nothing to do with AVX. it has something to do with Direct3D not having "direct" access to memory and GPU's fix function hardware.

AMD haven't enabled it's OpenCL direct memory access features for Direct3D.

You are getting an example on why Direct3D is gimping modern PC GPUs.

#8 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16973 posts) -

[QUOTE="Matty_gamer"]

ronvalencia

It has nothing to do with AVX. it has something to do with Direct3D not having "direct" access to memory and GPU's fix function hardware.

so this is an AMD problem ?

#9 Posted by ferret-gamer (17339 posts) -

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="Matty_gamer"]

R4gn4r0k

No, that is just ronvalencia rambling about something semi-relevant to the topic. The OP has an nvidia card as well.
#10 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16973 posts) -

No, that is just ronvalencia rambling about something semi-relevant to the topic. The OP has an nvidia card as well.ferret-gamer

Oh lol. Yeah I noticed he has an nvidia :P Are these options available to anyone ?

#11 Posted by ronvalencia (15172 posts) -

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]No, that is just ronvalencia rambling about something semi-relevant to the topic. The OP has an nvidia card as well.R4gn4r0k

Oh lol. Yeah I noticed he has an nvidia :P Are these options available to anyone ?

No.
#12 Posted by ronvalencia (15172 posts) -
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

ferret-gamer

No, that is just ronvalencia rambling about something semi-relevant to the topic. The OP has an nvidia card as well.

LOL, NVIDIA's GPU doesn't have zero copy feature hence the closest competitor would be AMD APUs.
#13 Posted by ronvalencia (15172 posts) -

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="Matty_gamer"]

R4gn4r0k

It's a problem for both NVIDIA and AMD GPUs.
#14 Posted by C_Rule (9755 posts) -
I'm almost convinced ronvalencia is a bot.
#15 Posted by kraken2109 (13125 posts) -
I'm almost convinced ronvalencia is a bot.C_Rule
Give it a few years and he'll post solely in binary.
#16 Posted by ferret-gamer (17339 posts) -
I'm almost convinced ronvalencia is a bot.C_Rule
I once spent probably ten posts trying to get him to understand the definition of the word "most" and he never really got it, just continued posting the same things over and over.