Great Big Steam Xmas Sale Thread ( Dec 19 - Jan 02 )

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -

@acanofcoke:

It's down for me too.

It's the first time me visiting the site since the sale started. boo...

#102 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3802 posts) -

I bet one of the drunken staff tripped over the power cord!

Bloody Xmas parties!

#103 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -

I was thinking a discounting mistake, but I suppose your theory is equally likely :P

#104 Edited by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

@flipin_jackass said:

@acanofcoke:

It's down for me too.

It's the first time me visiting the site since the sale started. boo...

@acanofcoke said:

I bet one of the drunken staff tripped over the power cord!

Bloody Xmas parties!

LOL! Best time to go down during the holiday steam sales. It has been down since I left the house a few hours ago. They are losing more sales than they can count right now. Publishers are probably blowing up their phones lines, that's if they even have any... Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!

#105 Edited by Arthas045 (5155 posts) -

No joke... I waited all day to buy King of Fighters and when I go to purchase it..... down..........

Someone is getting a Christmas call-out....

#106 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -

It's back!

Now... should I get Skyrim LE for $20.39 USD - or Dark Souls PtDE on Amazon for $7.99?

#107 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5891 posts) -

Sucks, I missed out on one of the community votes due to the server outage. :(

Picked up Tomb Raider for $5 on Amazon and Rise of the Triad for $3 on one of Steam's flash deals :D

#108 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5891 posts) -

It's back!

Now... should I get Skyrim LE for $20.39 USD - or Dark Souls PtDE on Amazon for $7.99?

Dark Souls has been $6 before.

Not sure how cheap Skyrim LE has been, but if you've never played it, I'd say that's a fair deal. I got my money's worth of the original game at $60. 140 hours played. :)

#109 Posted by Arthas045 (5155 posts) -

The down time was shitty..... I almost missed the "Flash Sale" for King of FIghters.... Got the game at 8:59pm EST...

#110 Posted by boz2478 (39 posts) -

I have $31 on steam and no idea what to get :/ Any suggestions?

#111 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3802 posts) -

@boz2478 said:

Hotline Miami

#112 Edited by insane_metalist (6037 posts) -

@boz2478 said:

Borderlands 2

Sleeping Dogs

Far Cry 3 - just noticed not on sale anymore..

NFS Hot Pursuit

Serious Sam HD - all 3 are super cheap!

DMC

Skyrim

CS GO

Bioshock Triple Pack

Saints Row The Third, Saints Row IV

Dark Souls

Orange Box

Metro 2033

Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box

Dishonored

There are so many good games for cheap.

I don't know what games you already have..

#113 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -

@flipin_jackass said:

It's back!

Dark Souls has been $6 before.

Not sure how cheap Skyrim LE has been, but if you've never played it, I'd say that's a fair deal. I got my money's worth of the original game at $60. 140 hours played. :)

Thanks for your reply. I took your suggestion... and shove it a side, ha!

I went with Dark Souls.

Yeah... it was cheaper. Plus it's a shorter game which has a better probability of getting completed.

Assuming I don't rage quit which - realistically - I probably will. I'll get Skyrim in the future so I can play for 10 hrs and quit it as well.

-------------------

Anyway - it's a bit surprising this thread is so.... quiet. Knock knock, anybody home?

#114 Edited by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

If you're going to quit 10 hours into Skyrim, don't even bother. You'll get at least 40 hours out of it if you like it. :)

#115 Posted by Chris_53 (5114 posts) -

I've only bought Dragon Age Origins so far. I decided to give it another chance and so far I'm enjoying it. I really struggled through it the first time I played it.

#116 Edited by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

@ChiefvsGordon: Yeah that's pretty annoying. I was even considering buying it later tonight, but I just decided to roll out of bed and pull the trigger lol. I was hugely surprised when I checked again a few hours later and it was suddenly at 50% off, not 75.

I'll just say I wasn't a fan of the amount of DLC there is available for BL2 (thus me just buying vanilla during the summer sale) but it's still a lot of fun. If you really can't wait, 7.50 isn't a bad price at all for what I think so far is a substantial, meaty experience. Me buying GOTY is my way of saying, All right, Pitchford, you won me over.

well luckily they screwed me because GMG had a better deal on the dlc. since i already own the regular BL2, i just got every piece of dlc including the additional characters and level caps for $14. I am happy now :).

#117 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

@Sharpie125 said:

@ChiefvsGordon: Yeah that's pretty annoying. I was even considering buying it later tonight, but I just decided to roll out of bed and pull the trigger lol. I was hugely surprised when I checked again a few hours later and it was suddenly at 50% off, not 75.

I'll just say I wasn't a fan of the amount of DLC there is available for BL2 (thus me just buying vanilla during the summer sale) but it's still a lot of fun. If you really can't wait, 7.50 isn't a bad price at all for what I think so far is a substantial, meaty experience. Me buying GOTY is my way of saying, All right, Pitchford, you won me over.

well luckily they screwed me because GMG had a better deal on the dlc. since i already own the regular BL2, i just got every piece of dlc including the additional characters and level caps for $14. I am happy now :).

I remember the GOTY edition being $11-13 at one point in the year. That was the best deal on it.

#118 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

If you're going to quit 10 hours into Skyrim, don't even bother. You'll get at least 40 hours out of it if you like it. :)

I feel that it'll be more than 40 just to get a lot done in that game.

#119 Edited by Arthas045 (5155 posts) -

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons will be bought today!

EDIT: It has now been purchased and installed.

#120 Edited by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

Definitely, keyword "at least." I have over 80 hours on Skyrim and that even surprised me. I usually don't spend that much time on a game. On the contrary, I think this game goes with obsessive personalities more so than someone who likes a more focused experience.

#121 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

@Sweetbackhair said:

@Elann2008 said:

Definitely, keyword "at least." I have over 80 hours on Skyrim and that even surprised me. I usually don't spend that much time on a game. On the contrary, I think this game goes with obsessive personalities more so than someone who likes a more focused experience.

I created a brand new character recently, and I feel that I'm a little over 10-12 hours and I have so much to do on that game (plus I need to purchase the DLC's too).

#122 Edited by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

@Sweetbackhair said:

@Elann2008 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@Elann2008 said:

I created a brand new character recently, and I feel that I'm a little over 10-12 hours and I have so much to do on that game (plus I need to purchase the DLC's too).

For real, man. I still haven't finished the main quest line. :D That's cool! Starting a brand new character could freshen things up.

#123 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

I mean this sincerely. Everyone should be buying, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

#124 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

Maybe my next paycheck will pay for it.

#125 Edited by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

I'll buy it for you.

#126 Posted by Arthas045 (5155 posts) -

@Sweetbackhair said:

@Elann2008 said:

I'll buy it for you.

DIZAM!!! He means business.

#127 Edited by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

@Sweetbackhair said:

@Elann2008 said:

I'll buy it for you.

Hahaha no you're not!

#128 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -

Now that its *finally* become a daily, I have, gonna start it soon too

#129 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@Elann2008 said:

I'll buy it for you.

Hahaha no you're not!

If you really wanted it, I would get it for you because you need a new paycheck to pay for this $500 game. :P lol

#130 Edited by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

Now that its *finally* become a daily, I have, gonna start it soon too

It's a wonderful game. You'll enjoy it. :)

#131 Edited by vfibsux (4205 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@Elann2008 said:

I think I have 160 hours in Skyrim lol.....absolutely unreal for me. I am lucky to put 15 minutes into a game unless it pulls me in quickly. So much wasted money...

#132 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

@Sweetbackhair said:

@Elann2008 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@Elann2008 said:

I'll buy it for you.

Hahaha no you're not!

If you really wanted it, I would get it for you because you need a new paycheck to pay for this $500 game. :P lol

Now I bought it Elann, we'll have to do some co-op on it soon!

#133 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

@vfibsux said:

@Elann2008 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@Elann2008 said:

I think I have 160 hours in Skyrim lol.....absolutely unreal for me. I am lucky to put 15 minutes into a game unless it pulls me in quickly. So much wasted money...

I had over 200 on my PS3, and when I got it for the PC I have about 40 hours on it and this is excluding the DLC's which I don't have.

#134 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5891 posts) -

Would have, but my Razer Onza broke during a move. One of the sticks is stuck aiming down. :(

#135 Edited by Cwagmire21 (5891 posts) -

Anyone else see Bioshock Infinite Season pass for $5? I snagged it a couple hours ago and now as the deal is about to end - they change it back to $20. I guess it was an error, but it'll be interesting if we get to keep or not.

#136 Edited by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

Contrast is only $3.74 at GreenManGaming.com. Great game!

#137 Posted by Arthas045 (5155 posts) -

I went ahead and got the discounted Walking Dead Season 2. Great price for a game that just came out.

#138 Edited by C_Rule (9740 posts) -

Didn't think I would get anything during this sale. Ended up buying 11 games...

DayZ

Tomb Raider (Amazon)

AC: Black Flag (Amazon)

Antichamber

Assetto Corsa

Peggle Deluxe + Peggle Nights

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

LIMBO

Hitman Absolution

Test Drive Unlimited 2

StarForge

Left 4 Dead 2 (free)

also got 3DMark

#139 Posted by Arthas045 (5155 posts) -

All in all I think this was a pretty good sale. I am happy with my purchases.

#140 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -

I'm thinking of buying Battlefield 4, however I know that there are have been quite a few problems with it. How is it's current state?

#141 Edited by Arthas045 (5155 posts) -

@EliteM0nk3y: I haven't put a ton of hours into maybe like 10 but I have never crashed once.

I do notice the hit detection issues though.

#142 Posted by ferrari2001 (16871 posts) -

I think I've picked up everything I'm going to get. Spent more than I planned but I needed Dragonborn and I wanted the Bioshock DLC's, those drove my costs up quite a bit. So I ended up spending around $100. But I got a lot of games and a made a couple of them Christmas gifts so in the end it worked out well.

Dishonored (ROW)

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3

State of Decay

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum

Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition,

Assassin's Creed 3 Standard Edition

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

Spec Ops The Line (ROW)

Limbo

The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn DLC

Bioshock Infinite Season Pass

Natural Selection II