Great Big Steam Xmas Sale Thread ( Dec 19 - Jan 02 )

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -

If Shadowrun Returns wins community vote, I might pick it up.

Already bough Reciever and Shadow Warrior yesterday from the Humble Store.

#52 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13998 posts) -

Bought Dishonored. Forgot I wanted that game.

#53 Posted by hatecalledlove (1238 posts) -

@EliteM0nk3y: That's what I voted for and I'm hoping it wins.

#54 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5887 posts) -

Lawl, the two games that have been at that price point (or lower) gets more votes than the game that's never been offered that cheap before.

Steam vote fail :(

#55 Edited by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

Why couldn't they just wait until after Christmas when we have money?!?!

#56 Posted by IvanElk (3798 posts) -

Actually its a good time for most people that have jobs. Christmas bonus time!
That being said, I was so mad that dust wasn't picked, but I still got it, beautiful game can't wait to play more.
Also got Counterstrike:GO for 3.50$ which was also another awesome deal.

#58 Edited by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

@Cwagmire21 said:

@EliteM0nk3y said:

Lawl, the two games that have been at that price point (or lower) gets more votes than the game that's never been offered that cheap before.

Yup, the vote fails most of the time. The majority isn't always right and is often wrong.

#59 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

Torchlight 2 and Payday 2 DLC purchased so far, I don't know if I'm keeping it like that or losing 40+ dollars soon.

#60 Edited by hatecalledlove (1238 posts) -

I was disappointed that Shadowrun didn't win the vote, hoping it hits as a flash sale so I can get it and save those 2 or so dollars. lol

So far I've bought Monaco, Electric Super Joy, Blade Symphony, Chivalry, Fez and Dead Island. I'll probably end up getting Borderlands 2 and Shadowrun and calling it done.

#61 Posted by emotional28 (34 posts) -

Only notable sales i've found on Amazon, the rest are on Steam.

Xcom Enemy Unknown + Within for $20

Link

Tomb Raider $8

Link

Max Payne Complete $7

Link

Bioshock Triple pack $15

Link

Borderlands 1 and 2 $12

Link

Rome 1 and 2 $35

Link

#62 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3713 posts) -

I've just started playing Fez, it's so atmospheric get it while it's on offer!

#63 Posted by insane_metalist (5992 posts) -

Picked up Far Cry 3 and Crysis Maximum Edition each for $7.49 :p

#64 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3713 posts) -

Made my first purchase.

DayZ and I got 3 snow globes Yaaaaaay

#65 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

Picked up Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Unfortunately, no snow globes for this purchase.

#66 Edited by kraken2109 (13010 posts) -

Tempted by the bioshocks, but I already have 30+ unplayed games on my account...

#67 Posted by Kh1ndjal (2433 posts) -

Picked up Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Unfortunately, no snow globes for this purchase.

that's weird, you should get one for every 10 USD spent, so revengeance should get you a couple.

#68 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

im waiting for the borderlands dlc to go on sale. its only 33% now. i'm sure they will do at least 50% at some point. they did during the autumn sale but i was barely starting the game.

#69 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3713 posts) -

Anyone got any snowglobes they want to gift me? ;)

#70 Edited by Chris_53 (5110 posts) -

I can't afford to get anything till the 31st, damn having to spend my money on other people, lol :/

#71 Posted by Chris_53 (5110 posts) -

Scratch that last post, I have infact just bought Dragon Age Origin Ultimate Edition. I actually had this game before but gave up before the end since I was struggling with it. After having played more RPGs, I felt like I should give this game another chance, and put more thought into how I level up, approach combat etc

#72 Edited by Arthas045 (5100 posts) -

I have picked up Papers Please, Monaco, and The Walking Dead + 400 Days. I am waiting for Legend of Grimrock.

#73 Edited by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

@Chris_53 said:

I can't afford to get anything till the 31st, damn having to spend my money on other people, lol :/

My family, friends, and I play a game with gifts. We each buy one. Everyone picks a number in the order of who gets to pick a present first-to-last. For example, if there is 15 people, we have 15 "raffle" tickets in a jar. The twist is, once you pick a gift in the pile, you must open it right away in front of everyone. If someone else likes your gift, they can "steal" it. Everyone can steal TWICE until they are locked out but everyone will leave with a gift guaranteed. It just may not be the one you saw and liked the most. It's fun because in the end, it isn't so much about the gifts but it's about the fun. There is no standard of gift. It can be anywhere from $5 to whatever. But of course, don't be too cheap! And you only have to bring one gift. Everyone wins!

It's so much fun. Last night, my cousin "stole" his own gift back and walked away with it. It was pure genius. Lol.

#74 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -

@Chris_53 said:

Tis the season!

#75 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3713 posts) -

@Chris_53 said:

My family, friends, and I play a game with gifts. We each buy one. Everyone picks a number in the order of who gets to pick a present first-to-last. For example, if there is 15 people, we have 15 "raffle" tickets in a jar. The twist is, once you pick a gift in the pile, you must open it right away in front of everyone. If someone else likes your gift, they can "steal" it. Everyone can steal TWICE until they are locked out but everyone will leave with a gift guaranteed. It just may not be the one you saw and liked the most. It's fun because in the end, it isn't so much about the gifts but it's about the fun. There is no standard of gift. It can be anywhere from $5 to whatever. But of course, don't be too cheap! And you only have to bring one gift. Everyone wins!

It's so much fun. Last night, my cousin "stole" his own gift back and walked away with it. It was pure genius. Lol.

I really like the idea of that.

If only I had some friends or family that were into PC Gaming :(

#76 Posted by johnd13 (8020 posts) -

I bought Chivalry Medieval Warfare. After putting in 20 hours on free weekends I thought it's about time to add this to my library permanently.

#77 Posted by Arthas045 (5100 posts) -

I think I am going to hold off on Legend of Grimrock and see if King of Fighters goes on sale. Bah I may just get both............

#78 Posted by Chris_53 (5110 posts) -

@Chris_53 said:

Lol that sounds like an awesome idea!

#79 Edited by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

nooooooo, they raised the price of borderlands 2 game of the year edition while i was driving to work. i had it in my cart too. why did they do that dang it!!!! well they just lost $15. they better but it back on sale or a baby will get punched.

on a positive note and a heads up to the rest of you. the walking dead and the expansion are $8 on GMG

#80 Edited by Sharpie125 (3904 posts) -

Have 3 #8 snowglobes. Does anyone have a bunch of duplicates they're also looking to trade?

On topic: Bought BL2 GOTY for the 15 bucks. I bought the vanilla version a while back and only started playing in November. Only put 10 hours in, but I'm having such a grand time I don't mind putting in a few more bucks for a few hours of dlc.

#81 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

Have 3 #8 snowglobes. Does anyone have a bunch of duplicates they're also looking to trade?

On topic: Bought BL2 GOTY for the 15 bucks. I bought the vanilla version a while back and only started playing in November. Only put 10 hours in, but I'm having such a grand time I don't mind putting in a few more bucks for a few hours of dlc.

BL2 is great! :D

#82 Edited by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

you jerk lol. dang this was the only thing I was waiting for, had it in my cart. realized how late it was, drove to work. when i get here, i see that they crossed out the 14.99 price in my cart and put 29.99. had i known i would of ran to my car got my wallet and paid. so sad

#83 Edited by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

If Odyssey to the West doesn't drop to at least $10 by Friday, I'm going to buy it at the currently listed $14.99. F' it. :P I'm growing impatient!

#84 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6417 posts) -

Ugh I didnt want to spend that much money but I bought Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs, and the train game so far lol

#85 Edited by Cwagmire21 (5887 posts) -

Rayman Origins 75% off *crosses fingers* :)

#86 Posted by Ballroompirate (22583 posts) -

So far bought

Trine 2- 1.99

Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics- 4.99

Starbound- 14.99 (said F it and decided not to wait to see if it goes on sale)

State of Decay DLC- 6.99 (wasn't on sale)

The sales this year are so far pretty piss poor

#87 Edited by Arthas045 (5100 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: Yeah I noticed its bern lackluster so far. I assume since it is like 2 weeks they just a little at a time. I was kind of ticked Brothers didn't win... Still waiting on King of Fighters...

#88 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -

So far I got:

Electronic Super Joy

Legend Of Dungeon

Sword Of The Stars The Pit

Eldritch

I played through Electronic Super Joy, great game for 74 cents, took me about 4 hours. I have two hours or so into The Pit and it is a pretty hard rouge like but fun. I have an hour into Eldritch and it is really cool too, recommend people checking that one out.

#89 Posted by alan_carter (1404 posts) -

Lately sales seem to be weaker than they used to, maybe because we already got the good deals.

Anyways, i think i'll be getting some cool indies like The Stanley Parable and some adventure game

#90 Edited by Sharpie125 (3904 posts) -

@ChiefvsGordon: Yeah that's pretty annoying. I was even considering buying it later tonight, but I just decided to roll out of bed and pull the trigger lol. I was hugely surprised when I checked again a few hours later and it was suddenly at 50% off, not 75.

I'll just say I wasn't a fan of the amount of DLC there is available for BL2 (thus me just buying vanilla during the summer sale) but it's still a lot of fun. If you really can't wait, 7.50 isn't a bad price at all for what I think so far is a substantial, meaty experience. Me buying GOTY is my way of saying, All right, Pitchford, you won me over.

#91 Posted by emotional28 (34 posts) -

Rome 2 + CoH2 for $34

Link

#92 Posted by dommeus (9241 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: Yeah I noticed its bern lackluster so far. I assume since it is like 2 weeks they just a little at a time. I was kind of ticked Brothers didn't win... Still waiting on King of Fighters...

Yeah I wanted Brothers too, but I reckon it will come up in a Daily sale at some point

#93 Posted by Arthas045 (5100 posts) -

I see FTL is up now thinking about trying that out.

#94 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

It's a gem!

#95 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3713 posts) -

Get it!

#96 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

I was hoping Splinter Cell Conviction would have been cheaper, but thanks to HUKD someone posted a link to get it even cheaper, though it is for the direct Uplay version, rather than Steam (which then requires Uplay).

Splinter Cell Blacklist £5.99

cd key came within 5 mins, activated straight on Uplay, where I then bought both DLC packs (75% off - £1.97) to effectively get the Digital Deluxe edition for less than 8 quid :)

Also picked up The Bureau XCOM Declassified for £3.99. That was a straight forward Steam key. Can't say I'm expecting it to be of the calibre of XCOM Enemy Unknown, but for 4 quid I'll take a gamble on it.

#97 Edited by Postal_Guy (2643 posts) -

So far bought Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Nether and Starforge. Still on the fence about DayZ

#98 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16336 posts) -

@Cwagmire21 said:

@EliteM0nk3y said:

Yup, the vote fails most of the time. The majority isn't always right and is often wrong.

I'm sure many people just vote at random to get da trading cardz

#99 Posted by emotional28 (34 posts) -

Arkham Origins $20

Link

#100 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3713 posts) -

Is the Steam store down for everyone or just me?