Great Big Steam Xmas Sale Thread ( Dec 19 - Jan 02 )

  • 140 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4030 posts) -

Proof.....ish

What you hoping to get.

I'm looking for Batman AA, maybe Grid 2 if it's dirt cheap.

Not much else.

#2 Posted by C_Rule (9741 posts) -

Not really looking to pick up anything specific, but I'll keep an eye on the deals.

PS. Grid 2 is trash. I thought it'd be worth picking it up for $12 the other day. Wasn't even worth the time to download it, never mind the price. If you liked the first GRID, don't waste your time with the new one. They took most of the things which were great about GRID and got rid of them.

#3 Edited by JigglyWiggly_ (23605 posts) -

That picture is totelly real

#4 Posted by Arthas045 (5251 posts) -

I probably will pick up Ass Creed or anything else that may tickle my fancy. Picked up some games for the Autumn Sale that I haven't even touched yet, but Dark Souls.

#5 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2742 posts) -

The Wolf Among Us,The Walking Dead Season 2,Starbound.That's all i need.

I am done buying games just because they are on sale and never playing them.

#6 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

Arkham Origins is the only game I want atm that is out. Otherwise waiting for Watch Dogs, possible Tomb Raider sequel and The Division is on my radar.

#7 Posted by adamosmaki (9654 posts) -

Tomb raider. Played it a couple of hours on a friend and i was pleasantly surprised how good it is ( and to think i never liked a tomb raider game before )

I also hope for an x3-rebirth discount. I know it launched as a buggy mess but it already started getting patches ( and egosofts post production support is good ) and mods that will make it great

#8 Edited by ChubbyGuy40 (26185 posts) -

I'd like to pick up Shadow Warrior, some DLC, some indie games, and hopefully Warframe packs go for 75% off on flash sales again.

#9 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

Just reminded myself that I won't be home during this sale so I doubt I will be able to buy any game at all. :(

Unless there is a iPad app that I can use to buy games with :P

#10 Posted by wis3boi (31469 posts) -

might snag the future cyberpunky expansion for the sims if it goes cheap

#11 Edited by Arthas045 (5251 posts) -

@horgen123:

I know there is an andriod app for Steam. I would think IOS has it as well.

#12 Edited by nutcrackr (12637 posts) -

Well he got the spring sale right, but same prices seems disappointing.

#13 Posted by with_teeth26 (6187 posts) -

seems like we just had the autumn sale. Not much I want on the christmas sale, maybe Arkham Origins and a few indie games

#14 Edited by Twisted14 (3497 posts) -

I'll probably grab Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider and Gone Home. Almost bought all 3 of them during the last sale but decided to buy Battlefield 4 instead.

I don't want to buy too much anymore, I'm trying to limit myself to only a few games that I really want and nothing else.

#15 Edited by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

I'm mad at steam right now but i'd like to pick up Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. Latest Fall sale was disappointing. They didn't match or beat Amazon.com

#16 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4030 posts) -

I got Batman AA last night for £10 so won't be looking for that now. Gone home looks good.

#17 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

@Arthas045 said:

@horgen123:

I know there is an andriod app for Steam. I would think IOS has it as well.

Yeah they should, I mean I see it on Steam when logging on at my PC for a mobile app.

#18 Posted by James161324 (8315 posts) -

Steam sales don't excite me anymore. It seems after two sales you have the cheap games. Then amazon keeps beating steam

#19 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

Hmm... if only GTA V was out on PC already. I have a giant library already. Maybe more Indie games.

#20 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

Hmm... if only GTA V was out on PC already. I have a giant library already. Maybe more Indie games.

That's all I would play really, but then again, i have so many games. yes, my first world issues persist.

#21 Posted by Horgen (110151 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

Hmm... if only GTA V was out on PC already. I have a giant library already. Maybe more Indie games.

That's all I would play really, but then again, i have so many games. yes, my first world issues persist.

I would give GTA V a go, but if it is as difficult to run as the previous due to excellent porting and optimization for PC, I might hold off playing it until I upgrade my GPU.

#22 Edited by Sleepyz (3784 posts) -

Starbound and Craft the world are only ones interested in and would have to be pretty cheap.

I can take my time buying stuff since have too many games anyway, i still have some i've never played.

#23 Posted by guynamedbilly (12965 posts) -

Arkham Origins, The Wolf Among US, Injustice, and some Rocksmith song packs. Hopefully there's some things cheap enough for impulse buys. The past couple of sales have been mediocre for me though so I dunno.

#24 Posted by Chris_53 (5119 posts) -

Games I mainly want are Bioshock Infinite, Amnesia a Machine for Pigs and Civ 5 Brave New World. However I already have a huge backlog of games to get through

#25 Posted by insane_metalist (6232 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

Arkham Origins is the only game I want atm that is out. Otherwise waiting for Watch Dogs, possible Tomb Raider sequel and The Division is on my radar.

I have an extra steam code for Arkham Origins. I got one with my GTX 760, returned it for Evga and so they gave me another code with Evga. I'll hook it up for super cheap to you, if you want.

#26 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

@guynamedbilly said:

Arkham Origins, The Wolf Among US, Injustice, and some Rocksmith song packs. Hopefully there's some things cheap enough for impulse buys. The past couple of sales have been mediocre for me though so I dunno.

I'm after Injustice too. It'll be my first purchase if it goes on a good discount.

#27 Posted by dommeus (9374 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

The Wolf Among Us,The Walking Dead Season 2,Starbound.That's all i need.

Agreed, but I can wait for them all if none of them are under a tenner

#28 Edited by harry_james_pot (10927 posts) -

I already got a lot of games during the Autumn sale, so probably the only thing I'm getting this time is The Walking Dead season 2.

#29 Posted by coasterguy65 (6019 posts) -

 

#30 Posted by TheLoneMortal (820 posts) -

VtM: Bloodlines. Missed it during the Halloween sale when it was 75% off. Hoping that deal shows up again.

#31 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

Sale usually always starts the Thursday before Christmas so it makes sense for Dec. 19. Same sales as Autumn sale seems pretty pointless though. Sure, there are people that missed the Autumn sale that will buy a game at the same pricepoint, but what about the users who did participate? Will we have nothing new to look forward to? Seems odd and unlike Steam.

#32 Edited by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

@Cwagmire21 said:

Sale usually always starts the Thursday before Christmas so it makes sense for Dec. 19. Same sales as Autumn sale seems pretty pointless though. Sure, there are people that missed the Autumn sale that will buy a game at the same pricepoint, but what about the users who did participate? Will we have nothing new to look forward to? Seems odd and unlike Steam.

Just out of curiosity. Which games are you after? I'm pretty content with DayZ, FF14, BF4 and China Rising right now. Plus, backlog that I actually want to play, although, I wouldn't mind Odyssey to the West for $7.50 or less. And of course, Injustice: Gods Among Us. I don't see that game going $20 or below for a few more months though.. :(

#33 Posted by Flubbbs (3146 posts) -

maybe Metro Last Light or somthing

#34 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4030 posts) -

I think I might forego this sale and just get DayZ...

My backlog is mahoosive.

I should concentrate on the games I have, but all I want to do is play BF4.

We should set up a Gamespot game one night.

Add Me on Origin : Klunt-Bumskrint.

( thread derail )

Carry on. Seal starts tomorrow ;)

#35 Posted by Kh1ndjal (2484 posts) -

@horgen123 said:

@Arthas045 said:

@horgen123:

I know there is an andriod app for Steam. I would think IOS has it as well.

Yeah they should, I mean I see it on Steam when logging on at my PC for a mobile app.

can't you just use a web browser to navigate to store.steampowered.com and then buy anything, on anything that has a web browser?

#36 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

@acanofcoke said:

I think I might forego this sale and just get DayZ...

My backlog is mahoosive.

I should concentrate on the games I have, but all I want to do is play BF4.

We should set up a Gamespot game one night.

Add Me on Origin : Klunt-Bumskrint.

( thread derail )

Carry on. Seal starts tomorrow ;)

Adding you on Origin. My steam id: Elann 2027 Origin: spartan1down.

#37 Edited by Grenadeh (103 posts) -

@C_Rule: I played it for a bit yesterday and it's dumb.

#38 Edited by Arthas045 (5251 posts) -
@Elann2008 said:

@acanofcoke said:

I think I might forego this sale and just get DayZ...

My backlog is mahoosive.

I should concentrate on the games I have, but all I want to do is play BF4.

We should set up a Gamespot game one night.

Add Me on Origin : Klunt-Bumskrint.

( thread derail )

Carry on. Seal starts tomorrow ;)

Adding you on Origin. My steam id: Elann 2027 Origin: spartan1down.

I am not great at BF4, but prefer to play with allies that would work as a group and not random peeps...

Origin:arthas045

Steam:arthas045

#39 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

@Arthas045 said:
@Elann2008 said:

@acanofcoke said:

I think I might forego this sale and just get DayZ...

My backlog is mahoosive.

I should concentrate on the games I have, but all I want to do is play BF4.

We should set up a Gamespot game one night.

Add Me on Origin : Klunt-Bumskrint.

( thread derail )

Carry on. Seal starts tomorrow ;)

Adding you on Origin. My steam id: Elann 2027 Origin: spartan1down.

I am not great at BF4, but prefer to play with allies that would work as a group and not random peeps...

Origin:arthas045

Steam:arthas045

No worries. We just play to have fun. The more the merrier. I added you on both platforms.

#40 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

@Cwagmire21 said:

Sale usually always starts the Thursday before Christmas so it makes sense for Dec. 19. Same sales as Autumn sale seems pretty pointless though. Sure, there are people that missed the Autumn sale that will buy a game at the same pricepoint, but what about the users who did participate? Will we have nothing new to look forward to? Seems odd and unlike Steam.

Just out of curiosity. Which games are you after? I'm pretty content with DayZ, FF14, BF4 and China Rising right now. Plus, backlog that I actually want to play, although, I wouldn't mind Odyssey to the West for $7.50 or less. And of course, Injustice: Gods Among Us. I don't see that game going $20 or below for a few more months though.. :(

Got several games I'm after, but they probably won't hit my $5 sweet spot for the Xmas sale.

Metro Last Light

Tomb Raider

Skyrim: Dragonborn

Borderlands 2

Stanley Parable

Shadowrun Returns

Typing of the Dead Overkill

That's just a small portion :P

#41 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

@Cwagmire21 said:

@Elann2008 said:

@Cwagmire21 said:

Sale usually always starts the Thursday before Christmas so it makes sense for Dec. 19. Same sales as Autumn sale seems pretty pointless though. Sure, there are people that missed the Autumn sale that will buy a game at the same pricepoint, but what about the users who did participate? Will we have nothing new to look forward to? Seems odd and unlike Steam.

Just out of curiosity. Which games are you after? I'm pretty content with DayZ, FF14, BF4 and China Rising right now. Plus, backlog that I actually want to play, although, I wouldn't mind Odyssey to the West for $7.50 or less. And of course, Injustice: Gods Among Us. I don't see that game going $20 or below for a few more months though.. :(

Got several games I'm after, but they probably won't hit my $5 sweet spot for the Xmas sale.

Metro Last Light

Tomb Raider

Skyrim: Dragonborn

Borderlands 2

Stanley Parable

Shadowrun Returns

Typing of the Dead Overkill

That's just a small portion :P

Nice list you got there. I'm sure you've already seen Metro LL and Borderlands 2 for $10 a few times. Shadowrun Returns is great. If you want a nice isometric-view game with a good story, I highly recommend it. TR I've seen for $10 several times. I mean, $30-40 for all of those is a good deal. I spent $40 on Crysis 3 and it was my biggest regret this year. xD

#42 Posted by x-2tha-z (8899 posts) -

Skyrim DLC, State of Decay, Castlevania Lords of Shadow.....Prototype 2....can't really think of anything else.

#43 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4030 posts) -

I have a grand total of £29 put aside for this sale. We'll see what 6:00pm tonight brings.

#44 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4030 posts) -

FTL for £2.38 is a bargain if you don't have it get it.

#45 Edited by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

It's pretty simple. Wishlist your top MOST WANTED games. Steam will notify you when a game in your wishlist goes on sale by email or you could check your wishlist. All that front page is razzle dazzle and full of disappointment. It's only there to tempt you to buy games you never wanted, sometimes crappy ones. Stick to your guns - the wishlist.

#46 Posted by with_teeth26 (6187 posts) -

Hmm Arkham Origins for 25 dollars. I'm guessing it wont go any lower on this sale.

Views on whether its worth it or not for that price?

#47 Edited by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:

Hmm Arkham Origins for 25 dollars. I'm guessing it wont go any lower on this sale.

Views on whether its worth it or not for that price?

If you want more Batman: Arkham, definitely. There's a bias placed on Arkham Origins because it wasn't developed by Rocksteady. That's a load of BS. Still a good game and a good Batman game. I liked it more than Arkham City, which I thought was a bit overrated. I'd rank it like this: Asylum > Origins > City.

#48 Edited by with_teeth26 (6187 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

@with_teeth26 said:

Hmm Arkham Origins for 25 dollars. I'm guessing it wont go any lower on this sale.

Views on whether its worth it or not for that price?

If you want more Batman: Arkham, definitely. There's a bias placed on Arkham Origins because it wasn't developed by Rocksteady. That's a load of BS. Still a good game and a good Batman game. I liked it more than Arkham City, which I thought was a bit overrated. I'd rank it like this: Asylum > Origins > City.

Cheers... I think i'll grab it.

#49 Edited by PredatorRules (8140 posts) -

CS GO is only 3.75$ dirt cheap, I've bough it for 7.5$ long time ago.

#50 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4030 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:

@Elann2008 said:

@with_teeth26 said:

Hmm Arkham Origins for 25 dollars. I'm guessing it wont go any lower on this sale.

Views on whether its worth it or not for that price?

If you want more Batman: Arkham, definitely. There's a bias placed on Arkham Origins because it wasn't developed by Rocksteady. That's a load of BS. Still a good game and a good Batman game. I liked it more than Arkham City, which I thought was a bit overrated. I'd rank it like this: Asylum > Origins > City.

Cheers... I think i'll grab it.

I got mine off ebay a few days ago for £9.99 look there first