graphics help pls

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Turbo-Evil (13898 posts) -
Ok, so i jst got a new pc with vista, my graphics is a Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS, i got 1gb of ram, and i cant play Fable!!! I can install it, and use the main menu, but when i want to play it, the screen goes black, but i can hear the sounds. im not really that knowledgable, so any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.
#2 Posted by pokefant (137 posts) -
Ok, so i jst got a new pc with vista, my graphics is a Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS, i got 1gb of ram, and i cant play Fable!!! I can install it, and use the main menu, but when i want to play it, the screen goes black, but i can hear the sounds. im not really that knowledgable, so any help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.Turbo-Evil

Are your drivers up to date? Is the most recent version of Fable installed?
#3 Posted by Turbo-Evil (13898 posts) -
yes and yes, i jst updated my driver 2day
#4 Posted by pokefant (137 posts) -
Hmm... I've got no idea...

The game was working properly under XP, right? I've seen that a few other people have a similar problem (via Google). I guess you may just need to wait for a Vista update...
#5 Posted by Turbo-Evil (13898 posts) -
dammit, k then, if nebody knows wen an upgrade is comin out, let me no.
#6 Posted by fynne (8078 posts) -
You may be out of luck.  I bought Fable too, when it came out and it refused to run on my PC even though I was way over the min specs.  I have no idea what on my PC was causing the conflict and I don't think they ever released a patch.  There was no way I was going to reformat my drive for a game.

I never did get it to work, even after trying stuff on their support site.  I eventually did play it ....... when I got a new laptop.