Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58846 Posts

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/11/grand-theft-auto-v-on-pc-to-utilise-denuvo-drm

Rockstar will be doing everything to keep Grand Theft Auto V uncracked and Denuvo DRM looks to be on the cards.

It’s emerged that GTA V on the PC will utilise the Denuvo DRM system which has so far kept a few recent games from being pirated, most recently Lords of the Fallen and FIFA 15. As well as playing the game through Steam it looks like this additional “check” could be put in place.

The Denuvo website was updated earlier and the “Who we Work With” section now includes Rockstar (see above).

The GTA V community has now become concerned about how the addition of Denuvo will effect modding for the game post-release and whether it will only apply to GTA Online and not the single player game.

The most recent release to utilise Denuvo was Lords of the Fallen which was not unscathed by the addition of Denuvo. Developer CI Games has had to address crashing and stability issues which have apparently caused by the Denuvo DRM system.

DRM is always a hot topic but I think most PC gamers would welcome more piracy protection for the platform as long as it has no impact on stability and usability such as always having to play online. Realistically, there’s probably little chance of that happening with DRM.

Thanks RussianMafia.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Rockstar is so poor, they actually need additional DRM?

Didn't GTA5 break world records? and it didn't even came out yet on the new consoles and PC.

More money, more greed.

I didn't saw any DRM on Witcher 3, did I?

Chocobo_PS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Chocobo_PS2
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts

Yay no buy for me. And lol people thinking that Denuvo DRM system is absolute.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Yeah will wait fro it then. When all the issues will get fixed. Look what that DRM did to lords of the fallen.

Alucard1475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Alucard1475
Member since 2004 • 564 Posts

I've been playing Lords of the Fallen for over a week now and didn't have any issues with it whatsoever. I didn't even know it contains some heavy duty DRM.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

WTF. So shaft pc players with a release behind even next gen consoles and then hit us with a DRM that could possibly end up fucking the game for many of it's customers. This was a game I was planning on buying and at full retail price because.. well look at the amount of content it's going to have. But if this kind of shit is going to be put on along side which ever DRM service you purchased it from, they can kiss that cash goodbye. Like **** I bet this even ruins modding for the game when it comes down to it, or even worse you need an internet connection to play the single player...

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

I wonder how this will affect the game. Does it translate into poor stability and no modding?

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

WTF. So shaft pc players with a release behind even next gen consoles and then hit us with a DRM that could possibly end up fucking the game for many of it's customers. This was a game I was planning on buying and at full retail price because.. well look at the amount of content it's going to have. But if this kind of shit is going to be put on along side which ever DRM service you purchased it from, they can kiss that cash goodbye. Like **** I bet this even ruins modding for the game when it comes down to it.

This kind of shit only makes me want to buy companies games less.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

DRM will always be beaten, it just sometimes takes longer. The only people affected by this will be the people that actually buy the game. Of course I understand the publisher wanting to protect their product but frankly they can't win.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

hence the 2015 release

digitm64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 digitm64
Member since 2013 • 470 Posts

Wow between this and Ubisoft pulling all their games from Steam, maybe I should retire the PC and go towards a PS4. Might just take some getting used to looking at the graphical loss. It appears when publishers said they are going to look at PC more, they meant that they are going to look at screwing over PC more.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
@Alucard1475 said:

I've been playing Lords of the Fallen for over a week now and didn't have any issues with it whatsoever. I didn't even know it contains some heavy duty DRM.

That's basically my thoughts...I haven't had any issues and frankly never have been a huge anti-DRM type anyways. I think the majority of hand wringing over it is way overblown.

With that said...

I think it's a bad move for companies to do, especially for smaller lesser known devs. I'm not sure the ROI is there for DRM, it generates a lot of bad press and ill will, and frankly even if there is some net benefit to the company I think there's better approaches (take The Witcher devs) that have far greater positive impact.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

so far kept a few recent games from being pirated, most recently Lords of the Fallen and FIFA 15

lol you can pirate those games, fifa 15 took 5 days to get crack iirc, i don't know how these drm works, but if it needs to be online or effects performance so hard , im going to pirate this shit, wont pay for something i cant play, sorry

edt.

i knew wrong, fifa 15 didnt get cracked, sorry about that part, but i still dont care , i wont play gta 5 then, actually i wouldnt have too much time for that anyway, why did i went full rage for a moment , lol

edt.2

just found the crack for fifa 15, i rake that part back

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

also, would this drm prevent mods? then i wont buy it even when its 5-10 usd

OMG THEIR PAGE SHOWS WARNER BROTHERS, **** I CANT BOYCOTT ARKHAM KNIGHT NOOOOO,

or maybe i can, dunno

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11781 Posts

@horgen said:

I wonder how this will affect the game. Does it translate into poor stability and no modding?

Agreed, this is something that I am wondering about myself.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

I haven't pirated a new game in forever I'm actually am going to do it just for Grandtheft Auto V if it takes a year to crack what ever I can wait if I had really wanted to play the game earlier I would have bought it on a console already. If for some reason this proves to be uncrackable type of drm that never gets cracked then I'll get it for sale $5 or less on Steam which ever comes first or just buy a used copy for my PS4 when I get one.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

I don't mind devs/pubs trying to protect their product from piracy, but it's getting whack how far they go to basically just have 2 or 3 days extra without it getting pirated.

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

Well there goes buying that game...

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

@kraken2109 said:

DRM will always be beaten, it just sometimes takes longer. The only people affected by this will be the people that actually buy the game. Of course I understand the publisher wanting to protect their product but frankly they can't win.

True. Once they figure out this specific DRM for one game, I guess they've pretty much figured it out for the rest too, it's only a matter of some time. Word is that the usual suspects are about to crack Lords of the Fallen any day now. (Not to promote piracy or anything....)

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

From what I understand FIFA 14 had this and I didn't notice anything strange.

@yngsten said:

@kraken2109 said:

True. Once they figure out this specific DRM for one game, I guess they've pretty much figured it out for the rest too, it's only a matter of some time. Word is that the usual suspects are about to crack Lords of the Fallen any day now. (Not to promote piracy or anything....)

But according to Denuvo FIFA 14 took like 46 days to crack. FIFA 15 is apparently around that right now.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Such greed.

Not a good thing at all rock*, you need to take a page from CDProjekt.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 couly
Member since 2004 • 6277 Posts

People still pirate games? why not just make it 100gb to install, that'll stop the illegal downloads.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

GTAV using this DRM? Welp, that officially makes this DRM useless as it will definitely be cracked now. Creators of Denuvo can thank Rockstar.

cablemodemx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#26 cablemodemx2
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts
@cdragon_88 said:

GTAV using this DRM? Welp, that officially makes this DRM useless as it will definitely be cracked now. Creators of Denuvo can thank Rockstar.

Eh, would have happened anyway, most likely, given that the PC version of GTAV isn't releasing for another 2+ months.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@wis3boi said:

Im sceptical now.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

lalalaLALALALalalalalalalalalALALALALAAAAA!

f**k R* f**k GTA!!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#29 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I'm glad I stopped supporting this company . Good luck with your gimmicks . These guys are still living in 2005 .

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#30 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I'm still jaded they are releasing the PC version so long after the rest.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@nutcrackr said:

It's the third time they've done this... and yet PC gamers go and buy it at launch. Sad.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 uninspiredcup

Aside from the fucking annoying sign in from GFWL, I've never really had a problem with any DRM. If this does effect modding, then that is a problem... and a dumb move from Rockstar.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

I have no problem with companies taking any actions they feel will prevent piracy. If you don't like the DRM then don't buy. While I didn't love GFWL or Uplay it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the games. I'm surprised how many people have been open about their intent to pirate software on these forums recently.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside

@jimmy_russell said:

@ankor77 said:

So I just stopped buying anything with DRM attached to it. Steam pissed me off in 2003 when they required everyone to use it if they played their online games, but I understand the value of having a community built around the DRM, I think Valve has done a good job all around.

So basically you don't buy any games cause 98% of them come with DRM?

And lovely how you complain so much but then defend the first company to introduce an online client.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#36 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

Ya i won't be getting this now either. I remember a few games from quite a ways back that used a DRM called Tages, the games were buggy as hell, and some of them i never finished cause of it. This DRM reminds me of Tages because of the way its invasive and causes instability issues in the game.

I'm not really sure why they willing to stain their games quality with this. The fact that theres an online component with GTA 5 is enough incentive to buy a legit version of the game.

Also I remember reading they were going to put 4k textures in the game, this could make the games size well over 50 gbs. I'd never waste 50gbs of bandwidth to download a game. I live in an area with limited internet choices so I pay a bit over 1 dollar a gb so it'd be cheaper to just buy the game at that point... and probably just the lucky ones with unlimited bandwidth and lots of free time would waste time downloading this game.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

I've never pirated a single game... but all this anti piracy shit makes me want to start.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

I read from Denuvo themselves that they aren't associated with GTA V

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

I read some articles saying that it won't happen and that Steam version of the game won't have Denuvo DRM on top of it.

Just wait and see. I just hope Rockstar don't **** this up or I'll make a rage video about it like Francis.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By uninspiredcup

@MuD3 said:

I've never pirated a single game... but all this anti piracy shit makes me want to start.

Can't blame them really. Regardless of what people like on, many pc gamers just pirate shit on a whim. When ever you mention this fact, usually get (insert here) X shitty excuse.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#41  Edited By insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@nutcrackr said:

It's the third time they've done this... and yet PC gamers go and buy it at launch. Sad.

I'd rather wait and get a solid game then get it early. But delaying it so many times is outrageous.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

tbh i was never a fan of gta , played gta 2 back in time .. and tried 3 then stoped with this game .. i think i m not interested in these type of games .

and believe it or not everything in life is uncrackable give it time and it will be cracked like others .. i don't play games that i don't buy . i like to support what i think is good , my last buy was wasteland 2 and i m happy about with my purchases .

and with steam in the table wait for holidays and you get whatever you want for good price .

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I'll wait for a confirmation before getting too anxious. Looks like its all speculation at this point. Not to mention that the company has denied it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Big deal, so many people here cry about DRM and I dont even notice it. Didnt know lords of the fallen even had DRM till I read it here. Typical crybay PC gamers, if the majority paid for there games and a very small minority pirated them, they wouldn't go tru so much trouble to add it.

You people dug your own grave, lay in it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FelipeInside

@Advid-Gamer said:

"You people"

What are you even doing on these forums? Just quit, delete your account and never come back. No one likes you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@Advid-Gamer said:

"You people"

What are you even doing on these forums? Just quit, delete your account and never come back. No one likes you.

Oh no, the 4 people that still post in the Gamespot pc forums dont like me........... The horror