Good resource base building RTS games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alenMr1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 alenMr1987
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Im looking for good games with base building and resources, kinda like age of empires, LOTR BFME, starcraft 2.. that kind of style, I know this genre is very limited and not many good games, but perhaps I still don't know a few good ones.

Gameplay is most important alltho graphics should at least be decent, as the games I described ( AoE 3, not previous ones ).

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

SUPREME COMMANDER! Just make sure it's the original and the expansion, not the dumbed down sequel.

Loading Video...

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

@alenmr1987: Well mate RTS as whole genre is pritty much dead, and i dont see its gonna ressurect in next 5 years, there is no significant AAA project in developing for future, you can say thank you to our humble console players and their market for destroying RST genre, RTS as genre is mainly for PC and will be always, and thats the reason why big companies doesnt develop anymore.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Good base building and resources hmm you might want to try Rise of Nations, you can even choose on skirimish a mod that you'll win by having more resources than your opponent.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I am not sure how recent you are looking for, but Warcraft 3 still holds up great. Make sure you get the expansion as well.