Good Program to Analyze SSD disk usage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ninedot (115 posts) -

Anyone know how I can figure out what's eating up so much space on my SSD? I have a 180gb (167 actual gb) SSD and I used "Free Disk Analyzer" but it tells me the major folders only total to around 80gb of used space. But I should have 141gb of used space. Is there a better program to give my an analysis of the folders on my pc? I'm curious to know what is taking up the other 61gb of space that my current program isn't telling me.

Thanks for any help!

#2 Posted by kraken2109 (13196 posts) -

What happens if you open the disk in my computer, select all, right click, properties?

#3 Edited by ninedot (115 posts) -

@kraken2109 said:

What happens if you open the disk in my computer, select all, right click, properties?

it says 125gb total space used.

#4 Edited by FelipeInside (26163 posts) -

@ninedot said:

Anyone know how I can figure out what's eating up so much space on my SSD? I have a 180gb (167 actual gb) SSD and I used "Free Disk Analyzer" but it tells me the major folders only total to around 80gb of used space. But I should have 141gb of used space. Is there a better program to give my an analysis of the folders on my pc? I'm curious to know what is taking up the other 61gb of space that my current program isn't telling me.

Thanks for any help!

http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

#5 Edited by kraken2109 (13196 posts) -

@ninedot said:

@kraken2109 said:

Then you should be able to work out what's taking up the space.

#6 Edited by ninedot (115 posts) -

@kraken2109 said:

@ninedot said:

@kraken2109 said:

Then you should be able to work out what's taking up the space.

Again, leading to the original purpose of this post... If you don't have a helpful response, please don't respond at all. It's that simple. It says 125gb, but the files in the folder do not add up to 125gb, so there is something (an unknown entity) which is taking up space and is not being shown. Furthermore, "My Computer" icon shows there is 25.4gb of 167gb remaining (meaning, I've used 141gb), which is also a discrepancy from the 125gb listed when I click properties of the drive. So no, I am therefore not able to work out whats taking up the space.

Thanks for the HELPFUL response felipeInside.

#7 Posted by kraken2109 (13196 posts) -

@ninedot: I mixed up the two numbers, give me a break. You're not going to get much help if that's how you respond.