Good PC speakers and subwoofer?

#1 Edited by MirkoS77 (6846 posts) -

I'm on my second pair of Logitech speakers with a subwoofer, and my second pair where the wiring is so poorly done on the right speaker that all the sound is now predominantly left-sided. What's a good brand of speakers with a decent subwoofer that has good bass for a reasonable price? $1-150? This is surprising about Logitech, they usually make excellent products but I've now gotten two lemons in a row and I'm done with them.

#2 Posted by kraken2109 (12950 posts) -

Buy second hand, either a pair of active studio monitor speakers or passives and a 2 channel amp.

A subwoofer worth having costs $150 by itself, a decent pair of bookshelf sized speakers will go down to 50/60hz which is the best you'd get from a little logitech type 'sub' anyway.

#3 Posted by Lach0121 (9734 posts) -

Buy second hand, either a pair of active studio monitor speakers or passives and a 2 channel amp.

Yeah, got 2 different sets of active studio monitors here, and doubt I will ever go back to regular desktop speakers.

For my GF's rig we have some Presonus Eris 4.5 set. (they sound great)

For my rig I am using an Eleven rack with a pair of Event BAS 20/20 (home studio, and my gaming room). Home theater was never this clear sounding.

#4 Posted by PredatorRules (7053 posts) -

You can go with Creative or Logitech but I recommend on Microlab SOLO 3C/7C