Good Optimised Games That Will Run Playable on Pentium 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iMith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 iMith
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I am not a rude person, but as first, I have to say a rude thing and I can't hold it... If you are here to tell me to buy a damn new proccessor without telling anything else, go out now. I would buy if I could. I can't even pay $7.5 to buy Pentium D, which is a bit better. (I had enough money in past, I had a gaming-PC. But pretty bad things happen)

Well, rudeness is over. I am asking for games that would run playable and a bit smooth on a Pentium 4. They don't have to be new, but they also shouldn't be old. I don't want any kind of good graphics in a game, but old games usually have less playability. This is why I don't want these old games. I am looking for games that has good optimisation.

As an example, Dishonored and Hitman: Absolution works really good on my PC. I finished Dishonored in Very Hard Difficulty and Low Chaos, I am playing Hitman: Absolution on Proffessional difficulty and didn't finish yet. Also Call of Juarez: Gunslinger works a bit good on my PC, but some problems happen on open areas. Still, it is playable for me to get lots of headshots and have fun.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Hello.

In order to make people;s lives that want to help you easier, try to fill these 4 speccs:

1.CPU.

2.GPU.

3.RAM.

4.Monitor resolution.

These will make people help you.

ps: just Pentium 4 is not enough cause P4 had a range from 1,4Ghz up to 3,73Ghz.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@imith: without the rest of your PC spec no one has any idea. You might as post how many fingers am I holding up.

If Hitman Absolution runs well on your PC thats not bad the GPU is at least half decent.

Give us the rest of your PC specs and we can give you better answers

iMith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iMith

Whoops, I thought I already gave my specs. Sorry for that.

Pentium 4 CPU (3.20 GHz) -It says 2 CPUs, but I think 1 is virtual. I see this since years, never learned truth-

AMD Radeon HD 3450

2 GB of DDR3 RAM

I am using PC with 1024x768 resolution, but I can play games even with 640x480 resolution as long as they won't lag hard.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

first borderlands (kinda dull game tho) , bioshock comes to my mind i think you can play batman arham asylum too which is a really great game but you might not be able to play newer games arkham series which might be bad for you

also what types of games do you like and are you ok with old/classic games

iMith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 iMith

Thanks for reply. I will surely look for videos and reviews of Batman: Arkham Asylum and Borderlands. Sorry 'bout Bioshock, but I don't like scary games. :p

I usually play every game as long as they are not classic strategy games (I liked Frozen Synapse tho) or horror games.

I am 'kinda' ok with classic games, but as long as they have good playability. I actually think I already know lots of old games, but suggestion never hurts. :D

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

The Bard's Tale, got it from gog.com - god this game still looks kinda nice and I wish I've encountered it early, it's funny and the gameplay is nice.

If you like games that makes jokes about other games, this is perfect for you (similar good example is DLC Quest)

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thehig1

You could run Far Cry 2, my old AMD 64 3800+ and radeon x1650 with 2gb of DDR2 ran it at low settings.

I also assume you could run valve games like Counter Strike, Half Life 1 and 2, Garys Mod and Team Fortress 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

If you can't afford $7 how can you afford these games?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thehig1

@Postmortem123 said:

If you can't afford $7 how can you afford these games?

we just suggesting games that he might like, I think we know hows hes going to get them.

I think its safe to say none of us approve of that if true.

iMith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iMith

I have games on my Steam and friends with 'Steam Family Share', I also have keys which I got for free and I can trade them for cheap games. If none of them works... Well, you know it. (I am against this too. I bought expensive games when I had money. But I can't do it right now)

I was here to tell about Battlefield 3. It sounds crazy, but it works real good even with Pentium 4. I didn't try multiplayer yet, I will try it tomorrow. But campaign gave me more FPS than I ever thought. I hope there won't be such a big FPS loss on multiplayer.

buckquarterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 buckquarterman
Member since 2008 • 123 Posts

GTA San Andreas
Football Manager
Oblivion
Gears of War