This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jr14
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts

So I was reading reviews on the motherboard I was wanting and it had quite a few bad reviews. So can anyone recommend me a good motherboard. Looking anywhere between $100-$200. Has to support CPU socket LGA1150, IntelZ97 chipset, and have at least 2way sli. Most motherboards I've looked at have had several bad reviews. Idk if those people just got defected motherboards. If only I could try before I buy. So any recommendations?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

What motherboard were you looking at? But from my personal experience never had any issues with ASUS or Gigabyte motherboards. The Z97 im using now is the Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Usually from my experience, the majority of motherboards out there, sans the expensive/premium models, get their fair share of negative reviews. If I was going to take a stab at why, I'd say that motherboards have so much functionality and technology behind them, that there's usually always something that goes wrong for particular users due to compatibility issues with parts. For example, my current mobo works great for the most part, but has difficulty recognizing more than 2 sticks of RAM. Not everyone with this mobo has that problem, just a few people.

The best thing you can do I suppose is just grab the most appealing motherboard that has the best ratio of positive:negative reviews

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

At this rate, you wont be buying a PC at all, you'll just keep waiting because the next best thing is on the horizon...

"march will be 8GB Maxwell, I'll just wait"

"ooo I want a g-synd that's IPS"

"oh but skylake is sooo soon"

"oh look new GPU's in 2 months, I'll just research and wait"

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I remember the good ol' days of having a dedicated section for PC Hardware. This website actually used to be something back then, at least a fraction of what it was a decade ago.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jr14

@GTR12: I get my money for everything within the next few days. I will probably end up buying everything then. Just researching before I buy.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jr14

@04dcarraher: it's the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT